Utd tickets

15 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

So why didn’t the ground sell out when we played Man City back in the Dave Allen days? It was a Tuesday night and there were 28k in attendance including 6k Man City fans. 

Re the Brentford game, I take your point. However, if normal ticket prices were in place, I’m sure the attendance would have been below 20k. 

Man city 10 years ago wernt any different to playing derby or forest , now there a huge draw. Id bet anyone we would sellout and have 10000 more,wanting to go.

47 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Man city 10 years ago wernt any different to playing derby or forest , now there a huge draw. Id bet anyone we would sellout and have 10000 more,wanting to go.

It we play Man City tonight and our cheapest ticket is £34, I can tell you, we wouldn’t sell out 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

We played them in the fa cup 3rd round in 2007 and got 28,000. If we got Derby or Forest in the cup we would be lucky to get 20,000. 

17 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Don't think anybody disagrees that prices are too expensive I just thought this of all games is worth going the extra mile for.

Anyway for those going lets have a Arsenal and Brighton type atmosphere. 

our supporters what count are the ones in the ground ,just 4this game and only this game where supporters should pay the £39 ,the same supporters paid between £42-£49 lasts season 5000 more home supporters . the club need to employ someone with half a brain cell and we could easy get 2-3000 more on a regular basis even just reducing prices by around a fiver ,the 8 tier ticket price structure is ludicrous its making some supports decide that every game will be too expensive so they don't even bother no more. other clubs apart from leeds,pigs,hull charge the right amount in the championship , Birmingham do a lot to get supporters to go and there wage bill is a lot higher than ours. cut out even 1 player of wastage from the wage bill ie david jones 30k a week take 1.5million off what we charge for potd and easily £ 5-10 per ticket could come off without effecting us financially. 

12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

our supporters what count are the ones in the ground ,just 4this game and only this game where supporters should pay the £39 ,the same supporters paid between £42-£49 lasts season 5000 more home supporters . the club need to employ someone with half a brain cell and we could easy get 2-3000 more on a regular basis even just reducing prices by around a fiver ,the 8 tier ticket price structure is ludicrous its making some supports decide that every game will be too expensive so they don't even bother no more. other clubs apart from leeds,pigs,hull charge the right amount in the championship , Birmingham do a lot to get supporters to go and there wage bill is a lot higher than ours. cut out even 1 player of wastage from the wage bill ie david jones 30k a week take 1.5million off what we charge for potd and easily £ 5-10 per ticket could come off without effecting us financially. 

Whilst I tend to agree with most of your points, where do you get the idea that we have 5000 less home supporters for tonight’s game than last season? 

Edited by Castleford Owl

26 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Whilst I tend to agree with most of your points, where do you get the idea that we have 5000 less home supporters for tonight’s game than last season? 

when I looked yesterday evening there were almost full blocks empty on south stand and side sections of grandstand had few seats sold ,also block aa isn't for sale and we had 1500 on lower west last season if its not 5000 it will be at least 4000 , the argument im having is that price didn't effect going to last seasons game or the villa game 2 years ago what sold out at £49 on south , think just some fans views that its purely cost whats effecting tonights attendance ,I don't agree  think  a lot have got used to not going and finding watching us on tv there regular thing. 

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

£30 on the Kop tonight and I'd have somehow found a way - Whether that be to borrow it or something.

But asking for another tenner, along with the travel costs (80 mile round trip for me) seems a little bit too much, especially when there's the option to watch the same game on a TV somewhere (albeit without the live atmosphere)