Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

On 23/06/2019 at 08:15, SallyCinnamon said:

Alan Nixon - Bruce wants to offload Joao, Forestieri and Rhodes at a lower price in order to bring in Jordan Hugil.

Sunday People - Us and Boro want to bring in Ben Gibson from Burnley. 

Open to selling anybody although I l8ke Joao as an impact player & still think he has the attributes & potential. 

Ben Gibson would be an excellent signing. Imagine him & Hector at the back with Westwood in goal. Thats an extremely solid base from which to build.

15 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

Open to selling anybody although I l8ke Joao as an impact player & still think he has the attributes & potential. 

Ben Gibson would be an excellent signing. Imagine him & Hector at the back with Westwood in goal. Thats an extremely solid base from which to build.

Unfortunately we wouldn’t get both if either , would be happy with either but hector ideally due to him knowing us better, if we get either of those mind added to Harris obubajo and the German lad it’s a cracking start! A few More and I can’t see anything other than top 6 at the least 

2 hours ago, Hitcat said:

They're all a horse on the managerial merry-go-round of drivel.

If all the managers are drivel and has beens they won't need new ideas because nobody else has new ideas. Let's face it if someone comes up with a new idea next season by Christmas every manager will have sussed it out and by your definition the guy who came up with the new idea will become a has been.

Sometimes to be successful you just need to do the old things that little bit better than anyone else.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, prowl said:

If all the managers are drivel and has beens they won't need new ideas because nobody else has new ideas. Let's face it if someone comes up with a new idea next season by Christmas every manager will have sussed it out and by your definition the guy who came up with the new idea will become a has been.

Sometimes to be successful you just need to do the old things that little bit better than anyone else.

I'm not sure anyone's sussed Guardiola quite yet, or have they!? Great post though.

15 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I'm not sure anyone's sussed Guardiola quite yet, or have they!? Great post though.

One manager who's leading the way. What about the thousands of other clubs around the world that would love a Guardiola at the helm? Guardiola apparently holds Bielsa as a role model who he learned s lot from. Did Bielsa get 'found out' at Leeds? Is he a has been?

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

One manager who's leading the way. What about the thousands of other clubs around the world that would love a Guardiola at the helm? Guardiola apparently holds Bielsa as a role model who he learned s lot from. Did Bielsa get 'found out' at Leeds? Is he a has been?

Guess we'll find out next season won't we.

Why is everyone hammering hitcat for who he dunt rate as managers.  

It depends how u define has-been, but too much is being put upon the wording. Does it matter if hitcat thinks they are on their downward spiral?

While i dont agree with all his choices i can see what hes getting at.

Has hector gone to fulham yet? Derek at the bowls club says its imminent. 

32 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

A lot have tbf. Just take away his money.

On a serious note though, English teams struggle but foreign sides whi have played his way for years aren't surprised by him which is why he's won only 2 champions leagues.

18 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

A lot have tbf. Just take away his money.

On a serious note though, English teams struggle but foreign sides whi have played his way for years aren't surprised by him which is why he's won only 2 champions leagues.

But he won the League in Germany and Spain, so it's not only English teams that struggle against him?

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

But he won the League in Germany and Spain, so it's not only English teams that struggle against him?

He had the best teams in both leagues though, with the best players and one of the world's greats under his wing in Spain.

The fact he didn't win a champions league with that Bayern team he had is telling.

Jury still out for his European campaign's with City.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He had the best teams in both leagues though, with the best players and one of the world's greats under his wing in Spain.

The fact he didn't win a champions league with that Bayern team he had is telling.

Jury still out for his European campaign's with City.

I think the last two seasons in the premier league has proved that pep is the ultimate king of football management regardless of the champions league campaigns.