Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He had the best teams in both leagues though, with the best players and one of the world's greats under his wing in Spain.

The fact he didn't win a champions league with that Bayern team he had is telling.

Jury still out for his European campaign's with City.

Sounds like you wouldn't be happy with him at Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Logged on to see 9 pages of transfer rumours! WOOP...

Only to read them and discover a loadabellex not transfer or even rumour related...:ghoulguy:

FFS, need some action this week before the squad set off for preseason on Monday. 

And you just added to it, thanks man.

Ah, f*ck. 

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think the last two seasons in the premier league has proved that pep is the ultimate king of football management regardless of the champions league campaigns.

He's done well to win leagues. But the champions league is the big one. In fact he took Bayern further away from being European champions when he was their manager.

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Jury still out for his European campaign's with City.

The thing is that they can dominate english footy,  yet its the english teams that are halting citys path in the CL.  

Had european sides been knocking them out i might believe hes just coming up short in europe, but cos its english sides were as we know owt can happen. 

Both years theyve gone out it could have gone either way.

i still think he will win it with city. 

14 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Sounds like you wouldn't be happy with him at Wednesday. 

If you have the budget and players city have and you want success with panache peps your man. If you’re in the championship with lesser players and a fraction of the budget he isn’t Steve Bruce probably is. Pep would certainly make us better to watch wether he would get us up is another matter 

8 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

If you have the budget and players city have and you want success with panache peps your man. If you’re in the championship with lesser players and a fraction of the budget he isn’t Steve Bruce probably is. Pep would certainly make us better to watch wether he would get us up is another matter 

You can say the same about Bruce really. I'd rather Pep thanks.

I think we’ll see things starting to heat up from next week.

I’d describe myself nervously optimistic......

DC was probably at his lowest ebb last season, on and off the field we looked in disarray. Despite that, he somehow fought  back with the appointment of Bruce and we enjoyed a positive end to an otherwise highly forgettable season.

The big question now is can DC capitalise on the appointment of Bruce or as we’ve seen previously will we somehow manage to shoot ourselves in the foot!!! 

Can we wriggle around FFP, will DC apply some realistic transfer fees to players Bruce deems surplus to requirements, will Bruce be given the level of autonomy his skills and record deserve.

We’re about to find out one way or another.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Interesting move by Leeds United, selling their young attacking winger Jack Clarke to spurs for 8.5m. Pablo Hernandez now 34 years old too.

Forestieri to Leeds? 

Aren’t they getting Clarke back? I’m sure that Forestieri will be a target for them, and it’s a move I’m sure he’d fancy

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Aren’t they getting Clarke back? I’m sure that Forestieri will be a target for them, and it’s a move I’m sure he’d fancy

I wouldn't be against selling him for good money but frustratingly FF under Bielsa would light up this league.

Guest Arnold
45 minutes ago, flo said:

Virgil Ghita

Valerio Verre

Heard stuff about these guys. 

Do love a random name drop on here. Verre looks decent and out of contract 

4 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I wouldn't be against selling him for good money but frustratingly FF under Bielsa would light up this league.

He might, but we can't allow the possibility that we might be strengthening a rival to stop us from making a move which our manager feels helps to strengthen ourselves.

Just name our fee, add 300% cockwomble tax, what with it being Leeds and all, and move on.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

5 hours ago, s6 owl said:

No he wouldn’t . He’d still cause trouble , still be injured all the time and still turn up once in a blue moon . Hopefully he goes so any money we receive can be invested in some one of use