Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest gizowl
5 hours ago, Morepork said:

I think we’ll see things starting to heat up from next week.

I’d describe myself nervously optimistic......

DC was probably at his lowest ebb last season, on and off the field we looked in disarray. Despite that, he somehow fought  back with the appointment of Bruce and we enjoyed a positive end to an otherwise highly forgettable season.

The big question now is can DC capitalise on the appointment of Bruce or as we’ve seen previously will we somehow manage to shoot ourselves in the foot!!! 

Can we wriggle around FFP, will DC apply some realistic transfer fees to players Bruce deems surplus to requirements, will Bruce be given the level of autonomy his skills and record deserve.

We’re about to find out one way or another.

Good post, it's make or break time. 

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's done well to win leagues. But the champions league is the big one. In fact he took Bayern further away from being European champions when he was their manager.

I'd say the domestic League is harder to win than the Champions League. More games and more consistency needed. Liverpool ain't won the League since 1990 but have won the Champions League twice since then and made a couple of other finals.

8 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

One manager who's leading the way. What about the thousands of other clubs around the world that would love a Guardiola at the helm? Guardiola apparently holds Bielsa as a role model who he learned s lot from. Did Bielsa get 'found out' at Leeds? Is he a has been?

There's a huge difference between Bielsa and Guardiola, Guardiola's a winner as a player and manager and what's Bielsa ever won?

Edited by The Night-Owl

8 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He had the best teams in both leagues though, with the best players and one of the world's greats under his wing in Spain.

The fact he didn't win a champions league with that Bayern team he had is telling.

Jury still out for his European campaign's with City.

I think you're putting too much respect onto the Champions League. Returning to my point about Liverpool's domestic League record and E European record. Have you seen how many non domestic league Champions qualifiers have won the Champions League since they increased the number of qualifiers from the top leagues? To me it makes a mockery of the competition? Even though I think the Champions League as now ruined the competitiveness of domestic competition due to money, almost every top European league at present as become a 1 or 2 team League. However, I still think it's harder to win major domestic League titles than the Champions League, due to more games and many other factors during a season.

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Pretty sure Nimes are in the top division.

Looks like you are correct. On Wikipedia it says on his profile they play in the 2nd division but when I looked at the club it says they are in the top league. Bloody Wikipedia!

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Can we please just use this thread for transfer rumours 

This, can you all fuckoff with the random manager posts.  Try starting one in the non SWFC section.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He might, but we can't allow the possibility that we might be strengthening a rival to stop us from making a move which our manager feels helps to strengthen ourselves.

Just name our fee, add 300% cockwomble tax, what with it being Leeds and all, and move on.

I like Forestieri and Joao, they potentially give us something that most teams in this league don’t have. We don’t see it all of the time, but if they could achieve greater consistency under Bruce, who knows. I’d rather him work his magic on someone who has the ability to something special, rather than looking to improve somebody like Hugill, who lacks the basic attributes.

Having said that, if we can trade the likes of Forestieri, Joao and Rhodes, for even better, then I’m in. No point in being sentimental, if we can improve on those players, then let’s do it.

Edited by gurujuan

5 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Scott Hogan - Loan enquiry

Source

Supposedly itk Villa fan at a conference last night.

No idea if he was really itk tbh. Passed half an hour talking about how average he was for them.

I wouldn’t even trade Rhodes for Hogan, never mind Forestieri or Joao

6 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Scott Hogan - Loan enquiry

Source

Supposedly itk Villa fan at a conference last night.

No idea if he was really itk tbh. Passed half an hour talking about how average he was for them.

If we are borrowing off Villa, I really hope its Hourihane

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.