Still can’t see

8 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Anyone else still struggling like me? Sat in the kop, when the play is up the other end trying to tell what the bloody hell is going on down there when the advertising boards are on the bright adverts?

Not sure whether it’s my eyes getting worse?

How old are you ?

Do you find the music too loud, and the food to expensive ?

Do you take a flask or a blanket to the match ?

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The boards don't cause me problems but I'm in the North Stand.

I don't know why they've changed the font on the team lists on the big screen this season though, I have to squint to see the names. I'm sure it was much clearer last year. 

Thinking the same , that scoreboard could be a lot clearer , whoever designs it needs to have a rethink its pants at the mo . I’m getting old though !! 

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

86, and yes I have a flask that was my grandads - he used to bring it to the games in “the old days”. 

What music? You call that music? It’s just white noise these days, they don’t make em like they used to 

I think you'd enjoy the match day experience much more in South Stand with the oldies. I've even seen them taking a nap some games.

• Haha 1

I moved from the Grandstand to the Kop this season and funnily enough find the boards less distracting now because the ones I face are further away.

Used to be distracted by any of the bright adverts. Now the only one bright enough to distract me is the one for that Thai balloon company which for some reason advertises with us despite not trading since 2011.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I think you'd enjoy the match day experience much more in South Stand with the oldies. I've even seen them taking a nap some games.

Right i am enough of this abuse of the south standers, in the tradition of Owlstalk I’m going to tell you my seat number and location and you come find me Farrell. 

Wake me up and then we can have a right old finger point at each other. 

Acutally if im asleep leave me, been having trouble knodding off lately, now what’s was I saying. Never mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Spencerowl said:

Right i am enough of this abuse of the south standers, in the tradition of Owlstalk I’m going to tell you my seat number and location and you come find me Farrell. 

Wake me up and then we can have a right old finger point at each other. 

Acutally if im asleep leave me, been having trouble knodding off lately, now what’s was I saying. Never mind. 

Genuinely the best offer I've had in years.

I'll fetch you a bovril and a blanket.

• Haha 3

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Genuinely the best offer I've had in years.

I'll fetch you a bovril and a blanket.

No Bovril for me, I like it but it runs a road right through me these days. 

Actually thats been another problem, go on then I will have one. Did I give you my seat number? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Anyone else still struggling like me? Sat in the kop, when the play is up the other end trying to tell what the bloody hell is going on down there when the advertising boards are on the bright adverts?

Not sure whether it’s my eyes getting worse?

Too many wafty cranks. You need to sleep in boxing gloves.

44 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

No Bovril for me, I like it but it runs a road right through me these days. 

Actually thats been another problem, go on then I will have one. Did I give you my seat number? 

Bovril ? !!  never been bovril it's blo*dy expensive luke warm P*ss now

eeee when i used to ask fer t'dregs in the  old lepping lane end  you could eat it with a spoon feckin delish 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

Bovril ? !!  never been bovril it's blo*dy expensive luke warm P*ss now

eeee when i used to ask fer t'dregs in the  old lepping lane end  you could eat it with a spoon feckin delish 

Sorry Steel that’s to northern for me - can you translate?