Chairman’s statement

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s really frustrating DC saying he has got money to spend but we can’t spend it because of bloody FFP and revenue etc. He needs to get players sold and do it quickly so we can cheaply replace them this month. I would love us to bring some young premiership players in like that Harry Wilson at Derby, looks a top player. Loans are they way we have to go imo and hopefully once we have sold players and released as many as possible at the end of the season we can start again. 

Wouldn't Harry Wilson cost more than the players we sell?

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

20 million of his own money yet people are quibbling about the £40-50 yearly increases on season tickets. Sort of puts things into perspective.

Revenue v Spend and FFP 

lose abdi hooper and jones off the wage bill and you could half the season ticket prices if 20000 are paying an average of £400 it will be once kids,oaps are put into that . so clearly no £40-£50 needs putting onto season ticket prices ,we pay the most in the league for watching the team what has the fewest attempts on goal. us supporters don't need to ripped off any more. 

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

From reading posts on this thread it seems the Statement has been a bit of an PR Own Goal.

Shame this has happened after Bruce appointment and Chelsea game coming up have taken edge of things lately.

Think we high ticket prices, multi year season tickets, record season ticket sales, record replica kit sales (according to the club anyway). I am not sure how much more you can expect to squeeze out of the average supporter. 

Similar clubs like Derby and Forest don't feel the need for these type of 1867 Schemes. 

Chansiri has asked us to trust him. I don't think he is a bad bloke but if scheme anything like last time then I don't trust I will see £1,000 plus of my money ever again.

Derby produce quality young players and then sell them for mega money- allowing them to consistently compete at the top. It's a pretty simple system but DC seems to struggle getting his head around it. I'm convinced it's down to his ego- he simply doesn't want fans criticising him for selling popular players. It is not a responsible way to run a football club. 

"I would like to say once more that I have used the same recruitment team since I started, other than the change of the coaches, of course. If anyone suggests someone who has now left was the one responsible for recruitment I can categorically say that is not true or they would still be here."

And yet:
14 June 2016: Sheffield Wednesday Director of International Recruitment Phubate Piempongsant has left Hillsborough.
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2016/june/club-statement/

So if Pete, for one, wasn't responsible recruitment what was he on the payroll for?

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, handworth52 said:

lose abdi hooper and jones off the wage bill and you could half the season ticket prices if 20000 are paying an average of £400 it will be once kids,oaps are put into that . so clearly no £40-£50 needs putting onto season ticket prices ,we pay the most in the league for watching the team what has the fewest attempts on goal. us supporters don't need to ripped off any more. 

Give it a rest will you Carol Vorderman. Have you actually taken in anything to to do with revenue, income and spend. Your figures are everything in a perfect world and dont stack up. 

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

What has :CEO: done during her time here. Her reputation preceded her and she seems to have been as bad as was rumoured.

Surely if she was any good then DC would have started to get things right. Probably another one milking DC and leading him up the wrong path.

The appointment of Bruce is the best thing DC has done . It will not help with the solution of sorting the previous errors unless SB gets us promoted this season.  And that is highly unlikely.

The original team of advisors (apart from doyen) in year 1 seemed to sort of have the right idea. DC dumped them or they left because they couldn't get on with him. Who knows?

Roeder although maligned was possible a good man to be DOF but he went as well.

DC must  get somebody on board like Bruce who knows the way round the championship. Regrettably it will never happen as he is still of the opinion that he is always right.

Would be interesting to know how or who made the decision to employ the 3 Steve's .

If we do well on the pitch with SB it would be disastrous if we were penalised by points deduction and ruined everything.

Hold your breath people.

You're clueless pal. KM has nothing to do with the football side. DC doesn't take advice from anyone- that is his problem. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

What has :CEO: done during her time here. Her reputation preceded her and she seems to have been as bad as was rumoured.

Surely if she was any good then DC would have started to get things right. Probably another one milking DC and leading him up the wrong path.

The appointment of Bruce is the best thing DC has done . It will not help with the solution of sorting the previous errors unless SB gets us promoted this season.  And that is highly unlikely.

The original team of advisors (apart from doyen) in year 1 seemed to sort of have the right idea. DC dumped them or they left because they couldn't get on with him. Who knows?

Roeder although maligned was possible a good man to be DOF but he went as well.

DC must  get somebody on board like Bruce who knows the way round the championship. Regrettably it will never happen as he is still of the opinion that he is always right.

Would be interesting to know how or who made the decision to employ the 3 Steve's .

If we do well on the pitch with SB it would be disastrous if we were penalised by points deduction and ruined everything.

Hold your breath people.

That whole post just about sums up everything DC said regarding so called experts. 

I'm out, its like the film one flew over the cuckoo's nest on here at the moment. 

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

You know for a fact its a £2m contract, have you seen it?

Well isnt that the figure what was reported?

Put it this way Steve Bruce wanted a break from football we wasnt going to offer him peanuts, so offering a 'big' deal then coming out with that just makes him look like a person that has got absolutely no idea.

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Derby produce quality young players and then sell them for mega money- allowing them to consistently compete at the top. It's a pretty simple system but DC seems to struggle getting his head around it. I'm convinced it's down to his ego- he simply doesn't want fans criticising him for selling popular players. It is not a responsible way to run a football club. 

Yet Derby have been in the Championship for years.  There are no easy answers to getting promotion. 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

That whole post just about sums up everything DC said regarding so called experts. 

I'm out, its like the film one flew over the cuckoo's nest on here at the moment. 

You should listen to the recent Wednesday week podcast on FFP. We have some very knowledgeable supporters out there who i can guarantee would be able to put forward a better strategy than the one DC is suggesting (if he in fact has one). Those are the kind of guys he should be reaching out to, but i suspect he is too proud to ask for assistance.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Yet Derby have been in the Championship for years.  There are no easy answers to getting promotion. 

But have consistently finished in the top half, giving them the best chance to eventually succeed. We on the other hand have broke the bank, and are now more likely to be in league 1 again before the PL. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

But have consistently finished in the top half, giving them the best chance to eventually succeed. We on the other hand have broke the bank, and are now more likely to be in league 1 again before the PL. 

And we finished in the top six for two of the three seasons.  As I said there are no easy answers. 

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

Anyone know the difference between a ‘soft’ embargo and a ‘full’ one? Surely, if you’re screwed, you’re screwed?!

A soft embargo is self imposed, so it’s not an official embargo.

A full embargo is the official one, when the EFL have imposed a restriction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

But many on here will only label that as a failure, just as the play off final and semi final are labled failures

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

And we finished in the top six for two of the three seasons.  As I said there are no easy answers. 

Indeed, but they are certainly operating on a more sustainable level. This will likely be the second season in a row we've finished in the bottom half, and DC's statement doesn't give me much comfort that we will be doing anything  but fighting relegation next year. If Derby don't go up this season I expect they will be up there again next year.