BRUCE - The real reason he’s not starting til feb

I think people forget that life still exists outside the football bubble

She may have been worried about how he was coping as well, take some time off

If he is the right manager for us then it will be worth the 3 games or so

I honestly don't think it makes any difference to Sheffield Wednesday that he officially takes the job in February. He's not totally deserted football as far as I know (hasn't he attended matches in Scotland?). Therefore I am sure that he has fully briefed his coaches on what is required and spoken to Chansiri/Katrien about any impending transfer activity in or out. Things should be able to look after themselves in the meantime.

Don’t think anyone with any decency would have an issue with that. Could actually be better in the long run - demonstrates what an honourable guy he is, and the fact Chansiri agreed to it might improve the bond between the two. 

I just hope we dont have a bad run in January that will put immediate pressure on his quick return. 

Completely understand that. Can possibly see why during his time at Villa his heart maybe wasn’t in the job and think it’s very unfair people criticising him towards the end. Think we are very lucky to get him in as manager.  Like has been said let’s hope he gets under his wives feet and she sends him back early :-)

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2

Guest Willow Owl

Fair play to DC and SB for honouring family commitments first

For Steve and his family it will have been a very difficult year, not just for losing both his parents but for what i call (the after Firsts). Special family occasions that his parents will miss for the first time. Birthdays births, weddings, etc. This Christmas will have been the first where the Bruce family were missing them as parents, Aunties, uncles, Brothers, Sisters, Grand Parents and Great grand parents. 

If the extra time away with his family means SB comes back fully focused and with a point to prove in Feb. It will only be good for us. 

UTO