BRUCE - The real reason he’s not starting til feb

Personally like to apologise to a few people on here,

This has been managed perfectly.
Part of that management will have involved the CEO... so yes... I was using blinkers and love of the club

to cast a critical eye and voice at the entire management team, when all I saw was us going to the dogs.

UP THE OWLS !!!!! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

Fair enough, you get 80-85 years on this planet if you’re lucky, there’s things more important than working, I’d do the same

Exactly, no one lays on their death bed wishing they’d spent more time at work.

Also, with a job like football management, he’ll be out of the door and either hated or forgotten about in 4 years time so even more so reason to prioritise family.

It's a more than acceptable reason - of course it is. And I've no problem with DC being accommodating to such a request, as it's the human and compassionate thing to do. In any case, I don't think it matters that much that he starts the job only in February.

It's a personal issue too, but I think it's better that the reason be outed. I think it would be awkward for Bruce to have to explicitly give this reason, so it being back-channelled like this is understandable, though not ideal either because it won't entirely quash rumours of it being something else.

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

If he is the right manager for us then it will be worth the 3 games or so

Precisely. I can't understand those of our fans who were insisting we couldn't wait for him and should move on and look elsewhere. It's not like there are many other candidates of his calibre at this level and I think we're fortunate to have secured his services. A wait of a few weeks is a small price to pay.

On Talksport yesterday they were saying it was because at the beginning of last year he had promised to take his dad to the cricket abroad somewhere. After his dad passed he said he was still going to go to honour his memory.

Whichever story is true I for one take my hat off to him, it shows he is a decent, honest human being. Qualities that I’m sure we all want from our manager.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

Fair enough, you get 80-85 years on this planet if you’re lucky, there’s things more important than working, I’d do the same

Actually the average is 67 for a man81 for a woman :picnic:

Edited by TheEnd1976

It'll do him good

It'll do his missus good

It'll do them both good

It will also do us good

See you next month Brucey, firing on all cylinders 

Edited by 33
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Still to be convinced that he's the right appointment but I find it perfectly acceptable that he has taken time off over the loss of his parents.

Still to be convinced ? Well I’m not surprised considering he hasn’t started yet :duntmatter: