p#ssing about with ball

18 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I think as Wednesday fans we’ve been saying things like ‘live and learn’, ‘we’ll learn from our mistakes’ for about 2 decades now. Seems we conceded late goals more than the majority of teams.

Be interesting to see goals conceded after 80th minute and points dropped compared to the rest of the football league during that time.

https://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england2

In the championship alone this season  there are 5 teams who have conceded more than us after the 76th minute and another 4 on the same amount so granted, were not the best in this area but by no means the worst. If you look at the 2 seasons previous to this one we've been worse off than we are now (in the bottom 30% ) but the 2 seasons before that we were in the top 20% so really, id say we were about average in this particular area over the last 5 years.

As with most things, we always think we have it worse than everyone else but in reality, we are, as ever, about average.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

https://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england2

In the championship alone this season  there are 5 teams who have conceded more than us after the 76th minute and another 4 on the same amount so granted, were not the best in this area but by no means the worst. If you look at the 2 seasons previous to this one we've been worse off than we are now (in the bottom 30% ) but the 2 seasons before that we were in the top 20% so really, id say we were about average in this particular area over the last 5 years.

As with most things, we always think we have it worse than everyone else but in reality, we are, as ever, about average.

Thanks, I don’t expect you too, but I wanted for the part 20 odd years. 

I don’t just think we have it worse. We’ve been poo for so long I expect us to be right down there for these kind of stats. Last few years not so much as we’ve improved most seasons.

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Thanks, I don’t expect you too, but I wanted for the part 20 odd years. 

I don’t just think we have it worse. We’ve been poo for so long I expect us to be right down there for these kind of stats. Last few years not so much as we’ve improved most seasons.

I got to five years then got bored. TBF it's not even been all bad over the last 20 years, granted we've had a couple of relegations but we've also had promotion through the playoffs, an auto promotion a champ play off final and another play off appearance in that time, I don't have the stats but I'd guess that's more success than half the clubs in the football league.

8 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

11 v 10 you have to keep the ball not rush it or give it back to the opposition cheaply. Giving the ball away easily simply invited them on and the inevitable happened. Good point but the circumstances meant it felt like a loss.

West Brom - our official bogey team this season. Should have done the double on them.

100%, back off and let them come at us, why ?

9 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

What a load of testicles goal should have been defended better that's what would have won us 3 points but anybody who says there not happy with 7 points from 3 games is either an idiot or a liar.

unfortunately most of play off teams won so the gap has gone from 9 to 11.  We left it so late to sack Jos that we need to be pretty much picking up maximum points every time we are in a winning position between now and end of season.  Get your point about being happy with 7 from 9 with those fixtures but we needed 9 just to keep in touch!

Not seen the stats but dread to see ours about leads squandered this season....

11 hours ago, Dunkstar said:

I got to five years then got bored. TBF it's not even been all bad over the last 20 years, granted we've had a couple of relegations but we've also had promotion through the playoffs, an auto promotion a champ play off final and another play off appearance in that time, I don't have the stats but I'd guess that's more success than half the clubs in the football league.

I see your point.

However I don’t see it as success because our success is from league one to championship. If it was championship to prem I would be much more inclined to agree with you old chap.

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I see your point.

However I don’t see it as success because our success is from league one to championship. If it was championship to prem I would be much more inclined to agree with you old chap.

Fair enough. I can't really come up with anything to prove or disprove what you deem to be success as the criteria seem to be changing each time so probably best to leave it there.

Only complaints from a thoroughly enjoyable performance and day out yesterday was the decision not to replace Dave with Fletch when we had the numerical advantage thus inviting them on and bringing ALL our eleven players back to defend that last corner ....... leave at least one on the halfway line!

On the plus side...... we look a proper team again and cocktails were 2 4 1 in Revolucion de Cuba after the match!

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Only complaints from a thoroughly enjoyable performance and day out yesterday was the decision not to replace Dave with Fletch when we had the numerical advantage thus inviting them on and bringing ALL our eleven players back to defend that last corner ....... leave at least one on the halfway line!

On the plus side...... we look a proper team again and cocktails were 2 4 1 in Revolucion de Cuba after the match!

Agreed and the idea that Dawson should have anticipated Jones slicing the ball into his own goal is laughable. The thing people should be focusing on is that we are starting to look like we can get a result whoever we are playing and even under Jos look what happened in the last ten games last season