Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday - MATCHDAY THREAD

My main focus for the rest of this season, is reducing that 11 point gap with you know who. 

I’d like to think we could get above them before the end of the season with a fair wind, a few injuries to their key players (whoever they are), and their normal propensity for fecking things up.

Come on Wednesday!

23 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Where is anyone drinking in Middlesbrough today? On my tod as been up here for in-laws who are not football fans.

Hope you find someone for a pre-match pint. Remember drinking on me own before the Leeds at home match where we did em 6-2 about 20-25 years ago. Mate had minced out because he had the sniffles and we were in pretty bad form. Hope the same happens today! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A very good morning to you all, especially mi'lud who I congratulate on an excellent festive OP, though I must admit in my post-Christmas bleary-eyedness I was left rather flummoxed at first, it took me well over halfway to work out you were talking about Father Christmas. Bravo to Stubbs, without him my wall would have been bereft of the Wednesday calendar it's come to rely on.

Anyway, let's hope my sharpness improves as I'm about to set off for the Riverside. I'm unsure as to what to expect from today, I'm not even entirely clear on who's in charge - is it still Bullen or have Agnew and Clemence taken the reins? If it is to be Lee then I hope the lads put in an extra hard shift, in case this is his last time in the dugout of the club that he's put heart and soul into.

Boro are a typical attritional Pulis side but like it or not that leads to good results most of the time, so we'll be up against it. We'll have to combine last time's defensive solidity with more cutting edge up top to dig out a result here, it'll be interesting to see whether Bannan and Hutchinson are reintroduced to add creativity and steel, or if we stick with a winning side even amid the fixture pile-up.

Regardless, I hope you all had an excellent Christmas and that Wednesday round it off for us in the best way possible.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Boro 0-0 Wednesday

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

On paper no one will be expecting us to go there and get anything .

But we can go their and use the lack of expectation as a weapon .

All the pressure is on 'Boro with where they are and where we are.

Perfect opportunity for us to clump them.

Honestly, I will love it if we beat them

garymegson

• Like 1