Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday - MATCHDAY THREAD

39 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

This is the game where Jeff Stelling says “ And now over to the Riverside to see how the Yorkshire derby is shaping up “

Always throws me , I thought that they were in Teesside or Cleavedon or the Outer Hebrides, but no, they’ve been gifted to North Yorkshire.

Stelling is a 'monkey hanger' ... Clearly knows sod all about Yorkshire.

• Haha 1

Got a feeling today is where we realise the mess jos has left us in. Saturday was nice and all but we hardly looked like world beaters and boro are a totally different proposition to pne. Sorry to be negative again but this team and squad is in a bad place right now. Metaphorically as well as physically once they get to Middlesbrough. 

I'd snap your hand off at the elbow for a draw. Expecting an absolute pasting. Watch us win. 

On a related note we need someone in quickly to turn us around. I want to be posting doom and gloom negativity in here as a way of getting 3 points not cos I really think we'll lose. Its my little insurance policy you see. Pride before a fall, commentators curse and all that. Whenever I fancy us to win we lose so I guard against it. Surely I'm not the only one. Might start a support group, sign up below. 

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

This is the game where Jeff Stelling says “ And now over to the Riverside to see how the Yorkshire derby is shaping up “

Always throws me , I thought that they were in Teesside or Cleavedon or the Outer Hebrides, but no, they’ve been gifted to North Yorkshire.

Middlesbrough was in North Yorkshire until government reorganisation created Cleveland in the late 70s /early 80s.

I’ve seen Yorkshire CCC play home games at Acklam park in Middlesbrough .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just having a cuppa,then going to start getting ready for the match,

anything we get from the next 2 games is a bonus. The fixtures after in January and February are the games we must pick up points from,the fixtures are good in these months and then get a lot harder again until the end of the season.

UTO

Morning M'Lurd. Another sterling MDT to kick off the boxing day binge. Think I'll hit the Old Spiced Jamaican and Ginger Ale today. I seldom get a forecast right so there's only one thing left to say,

C'MON YOU BEAUTIFUL BLUE'N'WHITE WIZARDS

WE ARE THE WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Middlesbrough was in North Yorkshire until government reorganisation created Cleveland in the late 70s /early 80s.

I’ve seen Yorkshire CCC play home games at Acklam park in Middlesbrough .

And that's exactly why we can claim Brian Clough as one of our own !!

God's country Yorkshire is ........

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

1*bzn6svrqryscMKYnJVLJQg.gif

Evening folks,

It wont be a  long one tonight.  Three  reasons. Firstly the old laptop is on the blink and this is being done with my knackered old phone. Secondly  Im half cut. Thirdly I've had to do the thread all by myself.  Stubbs you see, came to see me last night in a bit of a tiz. Asked for some emergency leave.  Great great  uncle works for himself. Some sort of courier  service or whatnot. Well, usually I'd have laid down the law. Told him no, I need him and besides. Im not paying you to do some other chumps job. Thats what he's paid for. But then it turns out that he does it for buggerall money says old Stubbs. As if to shock me. So I told Stubbs, I said to him 'I know, I was talking to the  Amazon lad the other day in the village, says he's on a pittance'..

'No' says Stubbs 'he, the great relative,  he doesn't do it for any money at all'. 'Well,' I said 'no wonder his business is trouble. You can't go around working for free. No one with sense would. Well, apart from maybe some floppy haired gap year student putting some water pipes in some foreign backwater  in the hope his charity work gets noticed by some other student bit of fluff ,with grubby matted hair and a nose stud who might let him have the leg over.' Anyway, Stubbs insisted this old relative has been doing it time in memorium. For free and it's nothing to do with trying to impress the skirt. 

Anyhow, it turns out this old goat got himself in a bit of of bother apparently... flying over Russia. They'd shot him down. Why he was in a light aircraft I've no idea. A Mercedes Sprinter is the usual vehicle of choice for that sort of delivery gig. Isnt it? Anyway,   usually as I said,  I'd have laid the law, I don't pay a man to go and work for someone else. But he got this look in his face old Stubbs.  Started on about dissapointed kids or some such and we'll,   I don't know, something stirred in my old heart and I let the chap go. 

Last I heard I got a telegram from him about 9 am this morning saying he'd just finished and was dropping the old boy off home or near enough  in  Svalbard where a couple of his friends would pick him up on a connecting boat. Then Stubbs would head back here. 

Funny because I thought all Stubbs' lot were from down south and I doubt the cold weather up there in that neck of the woods would be conducive the old mans recovery from being shot from the skies.   

Anyhow, Stubbs said he'd be back some time today. I havent seen him yet.  Maybe hes having trouble with the animal visas. Because he he also asked if we had any hay in the old barn as he's bringing a few of the old man's pets back here with him for a convalescence! It's bit much. 

Bit much. But it is Christmas I suppose. So that's how I come to be....hold on readers ..excuse me a moment...who's that at the door....

"Stubbs is that you? Good Heavens man, you've put on 40 lbs! And how the hell did you grow a beard in 24 hours?!"

Middlesbrough

V

Wednesday 

428280624_2018-12-2600_19_27.png.300f47b21a11d192904848f45ef9ed09.png

1436529809_2018-12-2600_18_42.thumb.png.06a15cbf5de73ea386cb754787deceec.png

So Bannan in? Hutch to make a start? 

Who knows. Haven't been able to call a line up for the while of 2018!

But suspect Bullen won't go as random as Jos was doing.

Suspect it'll be something similar to Preston, bar perhaps the wee man's inclusion somewhere 

image.png.1864cb5442d8c435d1903a933ad4623e.png

Whatever he does...

Merry Christmas

&

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Could go Reach LWF and Bannan left LCM, leaving RWF between Matias and Joao

Happy Xmas UTO! 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Xmas

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Eastleigh..if you've read down this far... you...and a select bunch must stop quoting long OPs... please don't carry this lazy habit into 2019... there's a good chap.

Oi, Mr C....check DuttyTeabags, he says you can feel fek off :tango:. 2-0 Wednesday. UTO.

Edited by MrsHall
  • Haha 4