Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday - MATCHDAY THREAD

I work with a guy in SA who’s a mad boro fan, he’s gone home for Xmas and I asked if he’d be going to see the game. His reply was: 

‘It will be illegally streamed in the local.  Most of the lads have stopped going due to Pulis’

Maybe another dower close game, think I’d take a bore draw! 

• Haha 1

Quite surprised we still have Bully at the helm for this one...Bruce in for the Luton game?

Players need to have some balls and take responsibility for stringing a few performances together. Even if we lose today we need to show some spirit and fight.

Westwood

Palmer             Lees             Pudil          Thorniley

Hutch         Hector

Matias                 Bannan               Reach  

Joao

4231 / 451 

• Like 1

Might be a 0-0 this one.

Id go with a 4-1-4-1 formation for this one. I’d play Hutch if he’s up to speed as he will give some much needed protection for our defence.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Fox

Hutchinson

Matias

Onomah

Bannan

Reach

Dave

Not a Dave fan at all but I like him against a big physical side as he can move their centre halves about. He has a good record against Boro. Joao from the bench in this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 0191Owl said:

Did anyone get down to the bottom of whether the game is available on the Sky Red Button or iFollow? I ideally wanted two tickets for tomorrow but can’t get them now for some bizarre reason despite the fact we didn’t sell out.

Sky are saying all championship games on the red button (apart from the grunters v Derby).

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Anyone recommend decent parking for the riverside as usually on the train.

Yes... As you come off A19 follow down the dual carriageway toward the ground. Come off on the slip road where the ground is to the left but go up and over the road at the lights to the right. Take your first left and any of the side streets there is usually fine. Leaves a short walk

2 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Stelling is a 'monkey hanger' ... Clearly knows sod all about Yorkshire.

Speaking of monkey hangers, I was perusing the Sunday rag t’other day and noticed the monkey hangers themselves were languishing in some god forsaken northern Vanrama league or summat! Is that the same club that we played in the League One play off final all those years ago at Cardiff, I had to do a double take I tell thi, “unbelievable Jeff”. Just shows you how even massive clubs like Hartlepool United can quickly go under...wonder if they’ve got a Thai owner too?

Anyway, I digress, fancy us to get a result today, that being said it could be any one of the three possibilities on offer :wacko:

Come on you Blue and White Striped Wizaaards! UTO

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Might be a 0-0 this one.

Id go with a 4-1-4-1 formation for this one. I’d play Hutch if he’s up to speed as he will give some much needed protection for our defence.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Fox

Hutchinson

Matias

Onomah

Bannan

Reach

Dave

Not a Dave fan at all but I like him against a big physical side as he can move their centre halves about. He has a good record against Boro. Joao from the bench in this one.

I’d play the same team apart from Fletcher or Joao for Dave and line up in a 4-3-3.

Excellent thread Pauli, probably one of your best. Haven’t read it yet though, will give it a once over later whilst having a Christmas ale and pork pie in front of the old log fire.

Boro 0 Wednesday 23 (Nuhiu 20, Fox 3).

Tay Tay is looking well btw. Coupled up with her again recently whilst laying drainage ditches in Botwana as part of the Diva B1tche5 Laying Ditches programme. Got a lovely, sexy, nose stud now too.

Heard the Shadow llama got a gig for Christmas helping out with a sleigh pull. Got introduced by some geezer called Tubbsy or summat. Don’t think he got paid much although they did dangle a carrot in front if him to get him onboard.

Got a great book for Christmas btw. 1001 mushroom recipes. Written by some woman called Betty who apparently used to work at the SWFC Training Ground canteen.

Must dash, been so busy that I still haven’t opened my Christmas presents from yesterday yet. My 12 year old son tells me I can’t open them unless he helps me and the lazy little devil is still in his pit after a late night’s gaming. I might equal the 30th December opening record at this rate.

UTO FTB WTID WAWAW?

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, roll and nilsson said:

Yes... As you come off A19 follow down the dual carriageway toward the ground. Come off on the slip road where the ground is to the left but go up and over the road at the lights to the right. Take your first left and any of the side streets there is usually fine. Leaves a short walk

Cheers many thanks.

Love a good ‘Boxing Day Bosh/Nosh’ ... presume Lord S will be off to the hunt later slurping down the stirrup cup and blowing the horn. Tight riding pants and leather boots eh mi Lord!!

All about which squad didn’t do ‘bad’ things drinking too much Baileys and eating too many Quality Street...so I’m expecting a 0-1with nothing much to write home about except 3 points!!! 

Hark now hear the Wednesday sing ..... UTO !!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0191Owl said:

Did anyone get down to the bottom of whether the game is available on the Sky Red Button or iFollow? I ideally wanted two tickets for tomorrow but can’t get them now for some bizarre reason despite the fact we didn’t sell out.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000248217-What-games-are-unavailable-to-watch-live-