Let's assume it's Steve Bruce, happy with that?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I think the four lads who have recently signed pro contracts have a chance particularly Dawodu and Grant?

Yes those two, plus U18’s captain, Issac Rice. Have been reading a lot about him, and he seems a talented lad. 

For him to have been elevated straight into the match day squad, means he must not be far off

16 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

Grimbarian started a poll, and I have been in the minority who voted "no"

Would I be happy with Bruce, the truth for me is NO - but he does fit the criteria I spoke about with Chansiri.

I wanted British, I wanted someone who understood this division - that's all I asked for, and that's what I have been given, it seems.

When I say I spoke to Chansiri, that's a load of poo.   I saw him having a fag after a game, three or so games ago and I rudely shouted "Chansiri we want an English manager"    - I was annoyed, I was going home having not enjoyed yet another game of football, but my sentiments were true - and I do believe given the fact that Mr Chansiri looked at me, he either understood what I said, or he thought I was just a very angry person giving him grief.   I hope it was the former, because later I heard he had got a lot of grief and took it in an impromptu Q&A shortly after I had passed him having his fag.

However Bruce?   I'm happier, whilst not happy.  The reported wage scares me, but we need to look forwards, not backwards and Bruce has to offer more than the last two who struggled to even get their point across with their level of English.

Reported 40k a week. How much deeper is the hole going to get with this club. Tried the extortionate contracts with players so he is now going down the road with a manage with the same thinking. One as failed, will the other.  

It’s a no from me. If the figures about his wages are true I think we’re been held to ransom. If he couldn’t do anything at villa why would he do anything here. Our squad is a shambles ( full back position) slight in midfield. I hope he proves me wrong. Also heard a rumour he spends a lot of time in Portugal and only comes back for training games.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think somewhere along the line he will be expected to integrate some of the current under 18 side?

He probably will do , but now is the time for experienced players to move us up the table. 

1 hour ago, Neilbono said:

It’s a no from me. If the figures about his wages are true I think we’re been held to ransom. If he couldn’t do anything at villa why would he do anything here. Our squad is a shambles ( full back position) slight in midfield. I hope he proves me wrong. Also heard a rumour he spends a lot of time in Portugal and only comes back for training games.

Villa were in the Play off final last year ....

thats the best we’ve achieved in 20 years 

4 minutes ago, Neilbono said:

They were in the playoff final, nearly went bust. They spent millions and didn’t get up. Biggest wage bill in the division. Only because of a takeover they are where they are now.

Can you come up with a better candidate with a better record of promotions from this division? 

Whether individuals like or dislike Bruce the best thing would be to get behind him and give him and the team our support. If he makes the players look like they care and actually give a damn he will have done something to be proud of.

• Like 1

I’d be very pleased... he has always seemed a decent guy. Cracking footballer and he has a decent championship pedigree.

What really appeals to me is his pulling power.

Agent to player... “ Jos what’s his name at Sheffield Wednesday has enquired about you, do you want to go and see what’s on offer?”

Agent to player.... “Steve Bruce at Sheffield Wednesday would like a chat with you, what do you think?”

I think that the second option wins...

3 hours ago, Neilbono said:

Play off Final?

Looked at his managerial career on WikiP. Seems to have no affinity with fans, even had a cabbage thrown at him at Villa. His win record isn't impressive either 38.5%. Seems to need masses of money, like at Birmingham where they had the biggest budget in the championship. Leaves clubs in the lurch if things aren't going his way. And approaching 60, okay no big deal as I am too. Shame we couldn't have gotten a more charismatic younger manager like Dean Smith. Still we all have to hope it's a success but I worry about his and his staffs salary and the payout to Jos. Won't this plunge us further into the FFP mire?

I can’t think of a better choice.  The most successful championship manager is Colin - not an option for us.  Looks like we’ve got the second best championship manager.

i genuinely thought he did a decent job at Villa - had his hands tied in year one - sacked early in my opinion.  A guy who was at Birmingham City for years (and successful)  was never going to be well treated at Villa.

• Like 1