Let's assume it's Steve Bruce, happy with that?

Grimbarian started a poll, and I have been in the minority who voted "no"

Would I be happy with Bruce, the truth for me is NO - but he does fit the criteria I spoke about with Chansiri.

I wanted British, I wanted someone who understood this division - that's all I asked for, and that's what I have been given, it seems.

When I say I spoke to Chansiri, that's a load of poo.   I saw him having a fag after a game, three or so games ago and I rudely shouted "Chansiri we want an English manager"    - I was annoyed, I was going home having not enjoyed yet another game of football, but my sentiments were true - and I do believe given the fact that Mr Chansiri looked at me, he either understood what I said, or he thought I was just a very angry person giving him grief.   I hope it was the former, because later I heard he had got a lot of grief and took it in an impromptu Q&A shortly after I had passed him having his fag.

However Bruce?   I'm happier, whilst not happy.  The reported wage scares me, but we need to look forwards, not backwards and Bruce has to offer more than the last two who struggled to even get their point across with their level of English.

Wasn’t my choice for sure, but he isn’t the worst option It only really makes sense though, if we’re still shooting for the stars. 

There is no sense in appointing Bruce, if all we are going to do is consolidate for a few years Not known for building slowly, on a budget, he likes to make an instant impact, using the transfer market. He will certainly have more championship ready contacts, than Jos, so we can expect a raft of signings If he’s backed, I reckon he could do a good job

Think it would be one of highest profile appointments - genuinely.

Other than Ron Atkinson when have we ever gone out and got a manager with his kind of experience - prob not since jack Charlton.

Assuming it will be Bruce, i initially thought no way would he come given our financial position. However i'm sure the reported salary would have gotten his interest.  Added to that, imagine a chairman saying plus i'll bring in the following players, Westwood, Hutchinson, Hooper, Lee, Winnall and possibly Abdi. Ok where do i sign?

1 minute ago, Brommers said:

Assuming it will be Bruce, i initially thought no way would he come given our financial position. However i'm sure the reported salary would have gotten his interest.  Added to that, imagine a chairman saying plus i'll bring in the following players, Westwood, Hutchinson, Hooper, Lee, Winnall and possibly Abdi. Ok where do i sign?

Why? Money doesn't guarantee success as we've seen over the last 3 years. Sometimes a manager can get the best out of the hand he's been belt and doesn't have to stick or twist 

Not jumping for joy at Bruce but if asking happy yes or no I would certainly say yes.

We wanted someone who has Championship experiance. Bruce got a good track record and best of all he wont stand for any nonsense with things like recruitment. Hopefully be an end to signing players on big money that manager either does not want or doesnt know how to use.

The bit that concerns me is that we have paid over the odds wages and accepted him not starting to after his holiday (although can see the reasons). Doesnt come across that he is chomping at the bit to start.

Edited by matthefish2002

27 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Would I be happy with Bruce, the truth for me is NO - but he does fit the criteria I spoke about with Chansiri.

I wanted British, I wanted someone who understood this division - that's all I asked for, and that's what I have been given, it seems.

When I say I spoke to Chansiri, that's a load of poo.   I saw him having a fag after a game, three or so games ago and I rudely shouted "Chansiri we want an English manager"    - I was annoyed, I was going home having not enjoyed yet another game of football, but my sentiments were true - and I do believe given the fact that Mr Chansiri looked at me, he either understood what I said, or he thought I was just a very angry person giving him grief.   I hope it was the former, because later I heard he had got a lot of grief and took it in an impromptu Q&A shortly after I had passed him having his fag.

However Bruce?   I'm happier, whilst not happy.  The reported wage scares me, but we need to look forwards, not backwards and Bruce has to offer more than the last two who struggled to even get their point across with their level of English.

If you want an English manager who can do job he fits the bill just who did you want. I had more or less discounted him because I thought he was out of our reach so if he arrives will be welcomed and it suggests DC has plaenty of ambition left in him.

36 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

We have had so much success with British managers since we left the Premiership.  We should go for the best manager we can get, where ever they may be from.

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

We have had so much success with British managers since we left the Premiership.  We should go for the best manager we can get, where ever they may be from.

I think a lot has changed behind the scenes though.

When we got Carlos, suddenly we had better means to buy players then we had done for quite some time previously.  

It's a partnership - Chairman/Manager and our previous Chairmen since we dropped from the top flight did handicap our managers somewhat. - so I don't see your argument about us since we left the Premiership being of value in this particular argument.

Edited by HarryPlopper

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

I think a lot has changed behind the scenes though.

When we got Carlos, suddenly we had better means to buy players then we had done for quite some time previously.  

It's a partnership - Chairman/Manager and our previous managers since we dropped from the top flight did handicap our managers somewhat. - so I don't see your argument about us since we left the Premiership being of value in this particular argument.

To disregard a whole raft of managers purely because of being foreign seems a little foolhardy to me.