Let's assume it's Steve Bruce, happy with that?

42 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

If Bruce comes in I’d be absolutely delighted. Anyone who wouldn’t be needs to give their head a bit of a wobble.

He did Carlos in the play off final and has a huge amount of respect for the club and the fans. 

Agreed , although my goldfish is more tactically astute than Carlos 

In our predicament, appointing Steve Bruce is nothing short of unbelievable and Chansiri deserves much credit. If we was in a much stronger position, financially and table wise, I'd have hoped too attract several candidates at Bruce's level, with Bruce having stiff competition. So, presuming DC hasn't had them knocking his door down, beggar's can't be choosers. Personally think Bruce and Wednesday has the potential for a great relationship that was forged in that 98th minute winner at Old Trafford all them years ago. Looking forward to hearing him talk about how massive we were then and at Wembley and can be more often. Onwards and upwards. WAWAW 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Initially I wasn't happy at all. But only based on Villa. But his record at this level is incredible, so definitely excited he is coming.

Did he really do that bad a job at Villa? The summer takeover there did for him in the end IMO?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

It'll be an interesting test of his wheeler dealer skills to bolster the squad with limited funds.

We know he's a Bannan fan, but if Celtic do come in with reported offer for him, would we take it? If they offered 12m at start of window and we had 6m then to fund loans to bolster full back and midfield I'd probably go for it...

Definitely the right man for the job, if he can cut out all the club’s nonsense and pick his best formation and line up, that’s half the battle won - we should be a midtable side. Then it’s down to what players he’s able to bring in, but he’s one of those Big Sam types who seems to find decent players out in the world. 

Hopefully with the last few months at Villa and the time off he is wanting to come back into football with a bang and take his experiences and shake us into a decent team again 

Edited by Southie_Owl

14 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

The star gets 99% of its stories now from Twitter- which happens to be populated almost entirely by fuckwits. 

16 hours ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Bruce :ohmy: F#cked up at Villa, so why not give him another chance here eh ?

If he falls off the managerial merry-go-round and ends up at Hillsbrough it may work but he'll have sod all to spend.

Lee Bullen deserves more time doesn't he ?

If Bruce had done well at Villa then why would he be coming here, why would any manager come here if they were doing well with their prospective clubs? We were only going to attract somebody out of work or another foreign manager we have never heard of. Bruce is about the best option of managers available, as for Bullen, lovely chap but management material? nah

Its probably been mentioned previously but if Chansiri is finally going to drop Doyen and is prepared to appoint a manager to oversee ALL team affairs then Bruce is the best man for the job. And the £2M salary hes offering Bruce is probably the annual fee hes being paying Doyen to get ripped off. So he gets a top flight English manager for free! Win win situation!!!! 

Guest wilyfox

You never know how it'll pan out, but I believe it could work so long as DC can give Bruce room to manoeuvre in the market. Unlikely Bruce would accept without assurances. Let's hope that's the case. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

He took then from relegation candidates to the play off final.

Yep, the main issue this season seems to be they didn’t replace Terry at the back. Hence Bruce was using Jedinak as a centre back for a few games. I’m not sure if that is Bruce’s fault or the owners. 

Smith’s team is still getting defeats even if their playing style has become more possession based. 

8 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd be more than happy.

The best two candidates are Bruce and Jovankovic, but I'm not sure Jovankovic he'd come and as an attacking manager would he sort the defence out.

It also shows the chairmen moving in a different direction. Not sure his 'advisors' would have recommended Bruce as he's not one of their clients!

On the last bit, I don’t think they are restricted to their own clients. 

5 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

It'll be an interesting test of his wheeler dealer skills to bolster the squad with limited funds.

We know he's a Bannan fan, but if Celtic do come in with reported offer for him, would we take it? If they offered 12m at start of window and we had 6m then to fund loans to bolster full back and midfield I'd probably go for it...

Id take that. But 6m on loans would be a huge waste. That money would need to fund full transfers that could make us more money again.