Let's assume it's Steve Bruce, happy with that?

9 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

If Bruce comes in I’d be absolutely delighted. Anyone who wouldn’t be needs to give their head a bit of a wobble.

He did Carlos in the play off final and has a huge amount of respect for the club and the fans. 

Mostly agree but, Carlos did Carlos in the final. Totally bottled the tactics that served us well all season.

36 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d seriously question anyone’s intelligence who’d be unhappy with this 

Yes and we live in a world where our Owner/advisors/CEO have been involved in hiring Carvalhal, Luhukay, Luzon, Peeters, Riga. If their next appointment is someone called Bruce we will have been very lucky indeed 

judging by how much they take notice of things said on social media, I don’t like seeing fans saying that Bruce would be a bad appointment 

Edited by Owls-Fan

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t envisage the football being up to much, but he has other redeeming attributes I suppose

Bruce is by no means a long ball merchant, not really sure why he’s got this rep on here 

He set villa up not to lose when he first came in because they were in dire straits, 5 wins in 18 months or something 

Edited by FreshOwl

35 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Bruce is by no means a long ball merchant, not really sure why he’s got this rep on here

Can't remember any of his teams playing long ball even when they were underdogs like his Birmingham/Wigan teams.

1 minute ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Can't remember any of his teams playing long ball even when they were underdogs like his Birmingham/Wigan teams.

I've actually nothing against long ball tactics. Seem to remember it working quite well for Wilkinson. Surely the end product ie the result is the main thing. It is after all a results business.

2 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

I've actually nothing against long ball tactics. Seem to remember it working quite well for Wilkinson. Surely the end product ie the result is the main thing. It is after all a results business.

Surely we, football’s moved on since then

I think there’s an obsession with playing it out from the back but our side can’t really do it. Nothing wrong with passing forward quickly into some target men types and playing your football in the final third. 

If you can get marauding centre halves playing out from the back and joining midfield it’s great and works a lot better but if they aren’t comfortable doing it then there’s no point.

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think there’s an obsession with playing it out from the back but our side can’t really do it. Nothing wrong with passing forward quickly into some target men types and playing your football in the final third. 

If you can get marauding centre halves playing out from the back and joining midfield it’s great and works a lot better but if they aren’t comfortable doing it then there’s no point.

I agree I think we looked more direct Vs Preston,  I don't mean longball, I mean less passes sideways and backwards.  Westwood also kicked it out long more towards midfield rather than to one of the back four. 

It made for more attacking and interesting football. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rev Owl said:

I agree I think we looked more direct Vs Preston,  I don't mean longball, I mean less passes sideways and backwards.  Westwood also kicked it out long more towards midfield rather than to one of the back four. 

It made for more attacking and interesting football. 

Obviously Westwood is a bit “ring rusty” but quite a few of his kicks went into the stands. Westwood is the best keeper in the club but Dawson has better distribution IMHO. 

2 hours ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

You make me laugh.

Screenshot_20181226-000717_Chrome.jpg

In my defence, I'm trying to get my head around the shitstorm too.

I posted the quoted message at 9.30pm on Friday when I still thought nothing would change. Since then we seem to have got more of a squad available and it looks like it's poo or bust. 

Best of luck to the boys and Bruce if he's employed too. 

Happy New Year - WAWAW