Westwood Starts

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

Makes me so angry to be honest, Westwood should have been starting all season 

Watch us win today and keep a clean sheet

Its not an issue if we don’t, we’d have picked up more points over the season with him between the sticks.

12 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Great news!

One thing that DC was getting blamed for which he probably didn’t deserve! 

Obviously delighted that Westwood is back in the fold, however if I was the Chairman of this football club after investing circa £80m, Id want to know why 5 senior players who’s wages are around £6m per year have been frozen out? It is quite frankly unbelievable to think this has been going on all season. Incredibly weak from Chansiri - this should’ve been sorted months ago. 

The leadership/management of this club from chairman to club manager and team captain has been truly pathetic this season. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Obviously delighted that Westwood is back in the fold, however if I was the Chairman of this football club after investing circa £80m, Id want to know why 5 senior players who’s wages are around £6m per year have been frozen out? It is quite frankly unbelievable to think this has been going on all season. Incredibly weak from Chansiri - this should’ve been sorted months ago. 

The leadership/management of this club from chairman to club manager and team captain has been truly pathetic this season. 

agree sept i would see your 'pathetic' and raise it to completely absent 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

To be fair would you want the chairman picking the team?. 

He has to let the gaffer do it. He has and sadly he failed. 

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Although the other side of the coin is that he was giving a manager full control of the team, which is the way it should be!

Jos should have just gone a long time ago. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How mad would it be if we shipped ten goals in now

lol

Just said to my dad it’s the Wednesday way for him to drop a clanger 

2 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Although the other side of the coin is that he was giving a manager full control of the team, which is the way it should be!

Jos should have just gone a long time ago. 

There is that but nevertheless have you ever come across a similar situation at another club? Westwood and Hutchinson are elite players in this league and we have pissed on our own chips by some ridiculous decision making. At least he is gone now but we are now half way through the season and the damage has been done.

19 minutes ago, steelowl said:

as should whomsoever allowed someone to decide that he'd ostracise some experienced players who are draining the funds without being considered 

Yep. There's absolutely no getting around this. The quality of the players that Luhukay just left in the cold was far too great for him to just be able to do it without there being anyone at the club who was in a position to take him to task on it and find a better solution. But Carvalhal was able to do the same though.

We're still crying out for a better managerial structure at the club. Someone between the manager and Chansiri who actually knows football. A director of football or similar, but someone who has a permanent position rather than this 'advisor' nonsense.

16 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Let us see how Westwood does. He was clearly on the decline and agility fading. Experience is useful but we'll see how he gets on.

Yes, definitely, lets hope we're still feeling positive about his return come 5 pm later today