DeeJayOne

Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence to be caretaker managers until Steve Bruce is ready

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Still a bit loopy though

All I've had in my head since the forum. UTO.

Got to say Bullen was as cool as a cucumber in the conference this morning about him not being there.

• Agree 1

Perhaps DC realised that it’s not just about whether he’s willing to back Jos? After the forum he would obviously have realised the lack of faith in Jos from supporters and perhaps he received similar feedback from some of the players?  I guess there comes a point as an owner where you realise a change is inevitable.

• Agree 1

Bruce always wanted to sign Baz so he can give him a new contract instead (if this is all true of course)

I thought Calderwood was Bruce's second in command.

Just now, Quist said:

He's just got the Cambridge job

& he was only with him at Villa wasn't he? Been with Chris Hughton more I think

Edited by EcclesallOwl

1 minute ago, Quist said:

He's just gone to Cambridge.

2 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Perhaps DC realised that it’s not just about whether he’s willing to back Jos? After the forum he would obviously have realised the lack of faith in Jos from supporters and perhaps he received similar feedback from some of the players?  I guess there comes a point as an owner where you realise a change is inevitable.

Maybe Jos realised it was inevitable and decided he'd rather come to an agreement and spend Christmas with his family?

6 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

That's the main thing here for me, yeah. Nowhere else has covered this, but it's very clear in the wording that he has been sacked, past-tense. Have The Sun perhaps messed up by announcing something on behalf of the club? :/

Apparently the Dutch media have reported that he's been sacked. Just mentioned by Dom Howson on Twitter 

32 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Whatever's been said it embarressing Chansiri backs him on Wed then sacks him on the Fri without a ball been kicked.

Just cannot please some people.

• Agree 4

17 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

That's the main thing here for me, yeah. Nowhere else has covered this, but it's very clear in the wording that he has been sacked, past-tense. Have The Sun perhaps messed up by announcing something on behalf of the club? :/

Must be true if it's in the sun.

Karen will be appearing topless with a brexit banner too, even though she's Belgian. 

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If he was in the middle of behind the scenes negotiations with Bruce, he was never going to tell the fans forum that Luhukay was on his way out, was he?

Bang on and quite obvious. Why do so many people expect this not to have been the case? It was quite obvious from the forum that Chansiri wasn’t “backing” Jos as many have said, just said it would depend if we could get anyone better and he was hardly going to say “I’ll sack him if Bruce agrees to take the job”. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Numerous times a chairman has said they fully back the manager and sack them next day. 

Sort of means we are normal really.

It's abit like when players kiss the badge then ask for a transfer a month later. No loyalty in footy I'm afraid. 

• Agree 2

2 years too late.

Should have sacked Carlos as soon as Bruce left Hull City.

Said so at the time on here and at the ground.

Edited by adelphi1867
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Whatever's been said it embarressing Chansiri backs him on Wed then sacks him on the Fri without a ball been kicked.

What did you want him to say, "I'm going to sack him once I've got a replacement signed up".

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Maybe Jos realised it was inevitable and decided he'd rather come to an agreement and spend Christmas with his family?

Probably. He will probably have a nice Christmas now... 

Just now, mogbad said:

What did you want him to say, "I'm going to sack him once I've got a replacement signed up".

Hey, if your happy with what he said Wed, no problem.

• Confused 1