Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence to be caretaker managers until Steve Bruce is ready

Owls may bizarrely bring in Bruce’s backroom team of Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence first.

They would be followed by the new manager after he takes a scheduled holiday break.

Bruce has been affected by the loss of both parents and wanted to spend Christmas and New Year with his family.

As per Alan Nixon in The Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8039727/sheffield-wednesday-to-hand-steve-bruce-2m-to-tempt-him-back-into-the-dugout/

1 minute ago, chrisd0407 said:

Whatever's been said it embarressing Chansiri backs him on Wed then sacks him on the Fri without a ball been kicked.

If he was in the middle of behind the scenes negotiations with Bruce, he was never going to tell the fans forum that Luhukay was on his way out, was he?

• Like 3

Actually, if this is true, I don't think it's that strange at all.

First thing- if DC wants Bruce then hes handling the situation superbly in letting him have the time he feels he needs. Bringing in a competent backroom team with a fresh pair of eyes (or two( is way better than just leaving it to Bullen and Nicky Weaver.

Secondly, the supposed sale. We're no more for sale now than we were before the forum. You don't just decide to sell up during a fans forum when you've invested £100m. Even DC is not that unconventional.

If this is true it's way above my expectations.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Actually, if this is true, I don't think it's that strange at all.

First thing- if DC wants Bruce then hes handling the situation superbly in letting him have the time he feels he needs. Bringing in a competent backroom team with a fresh pair of eyes (or two( is way better than just leaving it to Bullen and Nicky Weaver.

Secondly, the supposed sale. We're no more for sale now than we were before the forum. You don't just decide to sell up during a fans forum when you've invested £100m. Even DC is not that unconventional.

If this is true it's way above my expectations.

My thoughts exactly, some fans just seem to want to have a go for the sake of it without thinking.

If Bruce is his main target what else could he do?

Perhaps DC realised that it’s not just about whether he’s willing to back Jos? After the forum he would obviously have realised the lack of faith in Jos from supporters and perhaps he received similar feedback from some of the players?  I guess there comes a point as an owner where you realise a change is inevitable.