Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence to be caretaker managers until Steve Bruce is ready

13 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Doesn’t the previous link to the blades both anybody? There was uproar when MM was thinking of bringing Warnock in

just wondering, we have never took their cast offs they always take ours 

His performance whilst there is an issue but he has changed as a manager since then

I don't have a problem that he managed them though - it's not like he was a former player of ours who then managed them after he failed at managing us.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Doesn’t the previous link to the blades both anybody? There was uproar when MM was thinking of bringing Warnock in

He's not their 'cast off': he resigned.

Not that what he was doing almost two decades ago should really influence things too much right now anyway.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

It worrys me slightly. However hes done both the birmingham and villa jobs. So he will be used to the jibes that come with it. 

• Thanks 1

Just a thought, talks on going with Bruce and looking good so Mr C calls the forum, talks stall so the forums called off, starts looking good again, forum back on but deal not done in time, but still positive. 

So so wednesday night he has no choice but publicly back Jo’s. The deal then gets done and Jo’s is gone.

expecting an anno7ncement early next week now. 

Im happy if it’s bruce. Knows this league and has a good record.

3 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Didn't know he'd lost both parents. I lost my mum in May and still think about her every day 

Tink, I lost my mum in April 2010 and still think about her every day.

And I'll be saying the same thing in another 8 years 

• Like 4

Biggs reckons Bruce is a done deal. If you’ve read Biggs book, it’s clear him and Bruce got on when he was at United. 

Its a done deal, and it’s clear now that DC was just hanging on to try and avoid giving Bullen the caretaker role. 

Edited by vulva

22 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I never realised Stephen Clemence was Ray Clemence son.

And he’s married to a Brookside actress. Nikki Chadwick?

Anyhow, my question is when are the coaches starting? As soon as they do, we know the Bruce deal is done and dusted.

It will be spot potential recruits in stand tomorrow. Somebody said Paul Hurst was around Hillsborough the other day 

Think Bruce been done deal since forum was called. Only snag was Bruce wanting a Christmas away from football. There was mention of Agnew earlier in week and think DC was trying to put interim team in first which is anything but the norm. This obviously led to leaks hence many rumours linking Bruce to club. 

This situation made JL job even more difficult and last few games you could see disconnect between him and players had grown. Hence he had to go  Think his meeting with players went worse than he expected and left him rattled for forum where he was quite emotional by all accounts.

DC had probably hoped he could hang in until he had interim team in place to take over.