West stand ....

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

MEDICAL CAUTION / WARNING

please only watch the shortened highlights, long term side effects are common when watching extended highlights.

DISCLAIMER

SWFC are not responsible for irresponsible viewing.

Summed up quickly . Two neat finishes from joao mixed im with defending and general play similar to what I’d expect from my local non league side . Only difference is they charge a fiver and you can have a pint whilst watching the game ! 

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Summed up quickly . Two neat finishes from joao mixed im with defending and general play similar to what I’d expect from my local non league side . Only difference is they charge a fiver and you can have a pint whilst watching the game ! 

Terrible init.

11 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Terrible init.

The reason it’s so annoying is anybody with an iota of intelligence could see it a mile off . When we paid 2 million quid for Jones it was like really ? Signing George boyd, again why ? Giving a player with chronic knee injuries like Hutchinson a three year deal and a 30 year old fletcher a 4 year deal , all crazy stuff . 

I could accept being a laughing stock before when we were signing players like mcphail and sidibie because that’s all we could afford . The funny thing is we were actually better then , we certainly conceded less ! 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

The reason it’s so annoying is anybody with an iota of intelligence could see it a mile off . When we paid 2 million quid for Jones it was like really ? Signing George boyd, again why ? Giving a player with chronic knee injuries like Hutchinson a three year deal and a 30 year old fletcher a 4 year deal , all crazy stuff . 

I could accept being a laughing stock before when we were signing players like mcphail and sidibie because that’s all we could afford . The funny thing is we were actually better then , we certainly conceded less ! 

Spot on mate, just a shame that we dont seem to learn.

28 minutes ago, dnhc said:

dc came here knowing little about football, he knows more now, but boy has it cost him.

as for jos, i honestly think some in the crowd could send the side out with more idea, i just fail to understand him, or most of the things he's doing, or allowing.

I know this thread is about the ground but I'm highlighting this. It is what is so strange about Jos and others have said it, but it's like he's trying to get the sack.

So peculiar some of the things he's doing that there must be a reason, there has to be. Jos has a good record at other clubs he has been at and most of the things he is doing are very uncharacteristic of him. To me he feels like the fall guy for something far more sinister going on behind the scenes.

30 minutes ago, daleblue said:

MEDICAL CAUTION / WARNING

please only watch the shortened highlights, long term side effects are common when watching extended highlights.

DISCLAIMER

SWFC are not responsible for irresponsible viewing.

But they are responsible for the quality of their product, who on earth is in charge of quality control?

Can't see much point extending the West stand if it's only used by away fans.  Even in the Prem, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace, Cardiff, Fulham etc wouldn't fill it.  The police wouldn't let us share that end, I'm sure.

I'd leave it.  Just reprofile the bottom tier so it joins seamlessly with the top tier.  Take the roof off and stick a new 'goal post' roof on like the South stand roof so the only two pillars are near the corner flag.

Extend the back maybe to incorporate turnstiles at the bottom and extra concourse space at the top.

Done properly it would look like a new stand.

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Get feeling if Wednesday go up not much will be spent in the ground. Plan will be to move stadium.

Be 'The Chansiri Stadium' with his face in the seats. 

Chansiri betting facilities

Chansiri beer 

Chansiri pie 

Chansiri boveril

Chansiri chips. 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

I’m just about to watch our........'highlights' the sad thing is I may still go against Preston ... no idea why I put myself through this pain ! 

I just feel sorry for the poor bugger who spent all last night trying to compile 10 minutes of 'highlights' from the 90 minutes of shyte we witnessed yesterday.:picnic:

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Can't see much point extending the West stand if it's only used by away fans.  Even in the Prem, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace, Cardiff, Fulham etc wouldn't fill it.  The police wouldn't let us share that end, I'm sure.

I'd leave it.  Just reprofile the bottom tier so it joins seamlessly with the top tier.  Take the roof off and stick a new 'goal post' roof on like the South stand roof so the only two pillars are near the corner flag.

Extend the back maybe to incorporate turnstiles at the bottom and extra concourse space at the top.

Done properly it would look like a new stand.

To be honest, with that much work it would probably be easier and cheaper to flatten the stand and start again. 

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

To be honest, with that much work it would probably be easier and cheaper to flatten the stand and start again. 

Well, we didn't flatten the South Stand and it looks good.  If you were new to Hillsboro you wouldn't think there was a 1914 stand buried inside it.