POLL - JOS IN OR OUT?

POLL - JOS IN OR OUT?  

786 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the club to stick with Jos or is it time for a change?

• JOS IN - He's the right man for the job.
    • JOS OUT - We need a new manager.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think he can turn this around now.

But whoever comes in will be contending with the same bull.

It's the hangers on and bad advisers I want gone.

Otherwise changing the manager is just pissng in the wind

That is so very very true. But lets see on here what the plan B is. All well and good getting the manager out, but, who would DC replace him with. Do folk on here really believe that the chairman would listen to the fans wants. I doubt it after the Rhodes fiasco. It doesnt bear thinking about who he would bring in. He might even make Bullen and Weaver joint caretaker managers. Whoopee do. There will be some slit wrists on here. I cant wait for the carnage to begin. 

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Funny how the only people voting "in" have never been actually seen on Owlstalk before...

I have. Because there  aint a plan B. So I do have the ball* to admit it. What next Einstein. 

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Sad thing is...The overwhelming majority are voting..Cos its ALL we have to go on...

No doubt there are more folk than Jos that have f.ooked up..but we can't actually "Vote" them out

Im sure the lemmings will win in the end. Oh wait a a minute. 

So I see a poll of jos in or out and post my opinion. But apparently I'm a blade or chansiri himself. Sorry that I don't have the same opinion as the rest of you. 97% in fact. So I realise I'm in the minority big style and it's rare that I'm defending the manager when so many people want him out but I feel he's been dealt a very bad hand and now I have to defend myself.

Is he doing a good job? Of course not! But it could be a lot worse. We have good players at the club but only a few and I actually think if you take away some of the players who are not playing jos is dealing with one of the lowest wage bills in the league. Once a lot of the players out of contract are off the wagebill in the summer and jos can finally bring his own players in, then I will judge him.

What happens if we sack him now and his replacement has no effect? It's just a waste of money. If things nosedive and we are threatening relegation around march time then maybe I will agree he has to go. Have a look at our fixtures in January and February. We should... should... pick up quite a few points so I think we just need to ride this season out. Sorry for not agreeing with everyone else.

I’m getting to the point where I’m almost past caring.

Chansiri hasn’t got a f***ing clue what he’s doing.

If he wants to keep Jos in a job and his happy watching the utter garbage that’s being served up then fair play too him, he owns the club and can do what he wants.

Whether fans will happily carry on paying the stupidly high ticket prices we currently charge to watch the weekly shovel of s**t on offer at Hillsborough however is another matter.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's a shame after he steadied the ship and got the best out of our threadbare squad in the second half of last season that Luhukay seems to have lost his way as badly as he has, but the signs of a terminal decline are all there now. 

I really can't see him turning this around.

This is my mentality. Defended him to the hilt during pre-season, quietly defended him early doors this season wanting to give it 15 games to properly assess... now there's just no excuse. Truthfully I think any manager is on a hiding to nothing with this squad and current ownership, but the tactical naivety displayed by the players over the 90 minutes is unforgivable. 

The whole place is poison at the minute but I think we've now got to twist... sticking with the hand we've currently been given just isn't going to be good enough

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

That is so very very true. But lets see on here what the plan B is. All well and good getting the manager out, but, who would DC replace him with. Do folk on here really believe that the chairman would listen to the fans wants. I doubt it after the Rhodes fiasco. It doesnt bear thinking about who he would bring in. He might even make Bullen and Weaver joint caretaker managers. Whoopee do. There will be some slit wrists on here. I cant wait for the carnage to begin. 

Fair points.

Jos needs to be given his marching orders, but replacing him won't be easy.

We're brown and smelly these days, and I don't see Joko or Brucie wanting to take us on.

They're associated with clubs with money/parachute clubs.

The man best qualified to deal with our particular predicament is now Ireland manager.

It'll be some unknown from the Turkish third division.

42 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Truthfully I think any manager is on a hiding to nothing with this squad and current ownership,

So what is the point of getting rid of jos then? We are fizzed financially right now and jos I'm sure would need a payoff. Then we would need another wage as manager for no benefit.

I see what you say about the questionable tactics and one thing that is mentioned a lot is his changing of formations but look at his record with Berlin on trabsfermarkt I think it is. He changes formations regularly for them and it worked. Hell it works for Leeds who switch formation between 3 and 4 at the back. Unfortunately we just don't have the players  

1 minute ago, RockieOwl said:

So what is the point of getting rid of jos then? We are fizzed financially right now and jos I'm sure would need a payoff. Then we would need another wage as manager for no benefit.

I see what you say about the questionable tactics and one thing that is mentioned a lot is his changing of formations but look at his record with Berlin on trabsfermarkt I think it is. He changes formations regularly for them and it worked. Hell it works for Leeds who switch formation between 3 and 4 at the back. Unfortunately we just don't have the players  

I would argue you've made the counter-argument to your own post for me! 

Like you say, we don't have the players for it. From playing staff to coaching staff to management staff, it's all about the right fit. If you've got a club focussed on youth development, you want a coach that will complement that. If you've got a coach that wants to rotate formations, you need players that complement that. It works for Leeds because that's the sort of coach Bielsa is, and Bielsa bought in the sort of players that can handle the changing of formations... and they also had some pre-existing players that could handle it too. 

Like you say, we don't have the players for it. We need a coach that is going to remain largely tactically consistent, or we need to bring in players to complement the style. As the latter isn't doable, that leaves us with the former. I'm sure if you look back to Luhukay's Hertha Berlin squad they would have had plenty of players who could alternate between those formations. Sheffield Wednesday don't. 

We don't have the players full stop. Not to do with the changing the formation. If we played 3-5-2 every game then I don't think we would do much better if at all.

To answer your question though, maybe Jos is figuring out who can play to his methods and who can't. He's hardly had chance to bring his own players in which is why I think he could be given more time

I’m not one for calling for managers to go and I sort of get the decision to go with the kids but this bloke isn’t the answer. No charisma, no passion, dreadful tactics and baffling team selections add up to disaster. As to who replaces him I have no idea but a megson type is called for maybe even megson himself 

He’s not the right man for the job, but if it cost a lot to get Joss in compared to Carlos, and we now don’t have any money, then I seriously fear our next apppintment could be worse than Joss. All speculative though. 

If you have a rubbish striker who sometimes turns up and scores but is rubbish the rest of the time, would you take the risk and swap that for someone, suggested by a dodgy agency (Doyen), that you’ve never seen/ heard of before?

I think you would stick with the striker and get a good coach in to help. When applied to SWFC, this could be an English director of football. 

All im saying is, all the scenarios and potential/ likely outcomes should be considered before making a decision.

• Like 1