POLL - JOS IN OR OUT?

POLL - JOS IN OR OUT?  

786 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the club to stick with Jos or is it time for a change?

• JOS IN - He's the right man for the job.
    • JOS OUT - We need a new manager.

19 minutes ago, onefurlongout said:

I wonder if there wil be a second vote for those that didn’t like the outcome of the first 

Then best of five if the losers don't get their way.

That's the peoples vote.  Everybody gets a vote, nobody gets a result.

50 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ya know this poll thing that goes on,on here every few weeks,with regards to Luhakey's position,means diddly,nowt,bugger all because yet again THIS PLACE reckons its the voice of the WHOLE fan base,it isn't nor ever will be..................................show it to the club......................reyt laugh.

600 fans have voted for him to go, which is a small section of the fanbase, but is as accurate a guideline as you're going to get unless you're ignorant enough to  genuinely believe that every Wednesday fan who goes to games (or has stopped going because of the boredom) but hasn't voted is satisfied with Jos.

The official TV viewing figures are based on the viewing habits of a similarly small percentage of the public but are regarded as definitive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

600 fans have voted for him to go, which is a small section of the fanbase, but is as accurate a guideline as you're going to get unless you're ignorant enough to  genuinely believe that every Wednesday fan who goes to games (or has stopped going because of the boredom) but hasn't voted is satisfied with Jos.

The official TV viewing figures are based on the viewing habits of a similarly small percentage of the public but are regarded as definitive.

I don't care how many fans on here have voted,means diddly,the only way to get a true reflection is to ballot the attendees at every home game,then and only then do we get a true answer,same question on here is more often than not answered by the same people as previous polls.

6 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I don't care how many fans on here have voted,means diddly,the only way to get a true reflection is to ballot the attendees at every home game,then and only then do we get a true answer,same question on here is more often than not answered by the same people as previous polls.

So by that rationale, every general election is void because millions of people don't bother to vote.

If you're so desperate for an accurate ballot of all attendees I suggest that you hold one on Saturday. In fact to make it easier just see if you can find anybody (in the home end) who is genuinely happy with the job Jos is doing.

Just now, alanharper said:

So by that rationale, every general election is void because millions of people don't bother to vote.

If you're so desperate for an accurate ballot of all attendees I suggest that you hold one on Saturday. In fact to make it easier just see if you can find anybody (in the home end) who is genuinely happy with the job Jos is doing.

I aint the one running the god damned poll am i,find some other bugger to do your pollinng for ya.

It's the squad that are the issue, not the man at the helm, Jose couldn't work with these lot, oh wait...

My mistake, Pep couldn't work with these lot. Jose's throw int he.

Seriously though, years of misdirected investment and only just starting to bring the promising youth through are at the root of it all, a quick fire managerial change ain't gonna stop the rot alone, this could take years to undo.

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely anyone that voted for him to stay doesn’t actually want the best for the club.

There'll always be an argument in favour of giving a new boss enough time to turn things around

Take Norwich as an example ...

Following relegation from the PL, missing out on the play-offs cost Alex Neil his job (sacked in 8th position)

They brought in Daniel Farke and played last season out in mid table

In fact, this time last year they were on a run of seven home games without a win (until we rolled up at their place)

Another slow start this season saw them in 16th place by mid September (when we were in 9th)

You'd think there'd be rumblings among their fan base by then

But then they go on a cracking run and currently sit top - now he's probably the best thing down there since sliced turkey

I'm not trying to defend Jos' current record, or our recent performances

But we could go on a similar run to theirs - highly unlikely perhaps, but not impossible

Then those who have opted for Jos to stay would feel totally vindicated

• Like 1

On 01/12/2018 at 17:38, robswfc said:

Please sack him now Mr. Chansiri and get someone in who knows how to organise a defence. Please, for the love of Jesus

Holloway thinks he is a defensive coach too, according to what he said on Quest on Saturday. Defensive coach who cant organise a defence... interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Holloway thinks he is a defensive coach too, according to what he said on Quest on Saturday. Defensive coach who cant organise a defence... interesting. 

Only Wednesday could manage that lol

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

There'll always be an argument in favour of giving a new boss enough time to turn things around

Take Norwich as an example ...

Following relegation from the PL, missing out on the play-offs cost Alex Neil his job (sacked in 8th position)

They brought in Daniel Farke and played last season out in mid table

In fact, this time last year they were on a run of seven home games without a win (until we rolled up at their place)

Another slow start this season saw them in 16th place by mid September (when we were in 9th)

You'd think there'd be rumblings among their fan base by then

But then they go on a cracking run and currently sit top - now he's probably the best thing down there since sliced turkey

I'm not trying to defend Jos' current record, or our recent performances

But we could go on a similar run to theirs - highly unlikely perhaps, but not impossible

Then those who have opted for Jos to stay would feel totally vindicated

It’s a nice theory but imo the players just aren’t playing for Jos and normally when that happens there is only one outcome. I’m worried about us this season. DC said before the season started that if we don’t go up this season we will be in serious trouble. How much trouble will we be in if we go down!?! Performing and getting results like we are that is a real possibility. 

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s a nice theory but imo the players just aren’t playing for Jos and normally when that happens there is only one outcome. I’m worried about us this season. DC said before the season started that if we don’t go up this season we will be in serious trouble. How much trouble will we be in if we go down!?! Performing and getting results like we are that is a real possibility. 

I agree

But there's also a real possibility that DC has no intention of giving Jos the boot

And if that were true then isn't it in all our best interests for fans to continue their support of the current manager and the players he selects?

6 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Rubbish. Whenever anybody holds a poll about anything you never ever get a 100% response. A 50% response is considered exceptionally good. Owlstalk is a good yardstick as it has a cross section of our support. When you consider only 4% have voted to back Jos that says it all and even then of the 4% I can guarantee there are a number of pigs and an obvious Arsehole fan voting for him.

37 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Rubbish. Whenever anybody holds a poll about anything you never ever get a 100% response. A 50% response is considered exceptionally good. Owlstalk is a good yardstick as it has a cross section of our support. When you consider only 4% have voted to back Jos that says it all and even then of the 4% I can guarantee there are a number of pigs and an obvious Arsehole fan voting for him.

If 50% of this place equated to 50% of actual support, i'd give it more credence, it doesn't, never has, never will, i and I'm sure you do, know wednesday fans that take no notice of this place, its a place often used as a reference by other teams fans as a yardstick for how the whole wednesday support feel and or think, ya know that patronising belittling thing that goes on. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL

42 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Woo hoo, 643 fans, that'll show him  :tango:

3,500 fans at Blackburn, many could be clearly heard singing jos out...no idea of actual number, but more than half. Then of course just because you don't sing Jos out, doesn't mean he has their support.

95%...nope.

Doubt 95%....yet.

Lose on Saturday will be 95% though, no doubt at all.

The fans I personally know, none are backing jos