January Transfer Window

Mus

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

If he had put in the £5M as you suggest then due to P&S /FFP he would not have been able to loan any money therefore the situation would still be the same.

Look at other clubs in our league they bend the rules, we have teams getting parachute payments that have an unfair advantage so the other teams find ways around this.

Leeds have 17 games a season on sky so get £2m more tv money that most in the league other get shirt sponsorship deals or stadium naming rights. They also have a deal with their owns foreign tv rights

Some teams fill their stadium in both the stands and the corporate area by offer prices that people will pay. We as a club have not sold a single season ticket for the corporate boxes in 3 season. 

We do none of this we have no shirt sponsor, no advertising income, no stadium naming rights etc. But DC has his name everywhere the stands, the seats, the shirts but paid just £1.2m. He could argue that the going rate for shirt sponsorship in this league is £1.5m a season (see the 6 teams promoted the last 2 season what they get a season when promoted), the stadium naming rights should be worth anything from £500,000 to a few million, what ever you can get away with add to that all the free advertising, a 8ft by 2 ft board to advertising at Hillsborough last season was £11,000 for the season. DC could rightly argue if he paid £3-5m a season in as advertising and sponsorship income it to be correct but he choses not too.

If DC genuinely wants to put more money into the club he could, but he doesn't and the excuse is FFP so simple is it a case of he does not have the money to put in, or he does not want to. If we got promoted the £100m of millions would go to him not the fans not probably the club. So why should he not put more in, what ever form he uses to get around the rules who cares as long as we avoid an embargo. 

22 hours ago, room0035 said:

Chansiri can put into the club £5m at least a season other chairman sponsor their club and pay a lot more than him but he does not using FFP as an excuse. The promoted team last season and the season before had shirt deals of £1.5m and stadium naming rights DC has his name everywhere the seats, the stands the shirts and puts in just £1.2m. Stokes chairman in comparison this season has put in £8m+.

He has ideas that make chump change like the 1867 club joke, which tells me he does not have the funds everyone think he has. 

He is not putting in equity i.e giving money to the club, he is recording everything spent as a directors loan which means he expects to get every penny he has put in back, including his investment to buy us. This will simple not happen without promotion to the top flight or selling all of our assets.

If he continues to bury his head in the sand and hope for promotion relegation is only a matter of time, this season or next or the one after. Look how quickly Chessy went from championship hopefully to none league strugglers with the wrong man in charge. Why should anyone think with the continues years of errors from DC, he is backed into a corner and instead of coming out fighting he is hiding away.

the pig side have shown you don't need the massive spending we have put in to be seriously challenging for promotion, just good direction, and the right man in charge, have we got any of that?

22 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

And this shows that FFP/P&S is indeed a load of b******s and stopping a lot of teams with rich owners or not from being able to compete consistently in the Championship?

i agree 100%, i do think that it's beyond the time when sides should launch a legal challenge claiming that it is NOT an equal competition when the premier league can load the dice for the relegated sides, and IF it is FAIR where's our f*****g money from when we were relegated, the lack of very nearly destroying this club.

22 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

I know nothing apart from if's and but's its just speculation and rumours - - - but so is exactly what your saying. 

In fact I have come up with reasoning as to my thoughts but what is your factual evidence we are approaching a 'firesale'? Can you see into future?? Didnt think so --- therefore my ifs/buts are just as valid as yours. Instead of trying to be clever and coming across as a know it all but tell no one - - try piecing together some better reasoning. 

Do you know anything about the 15 clubs/ breakaway league/ petitioning against FFP?? No I didnt think so.

Chansiri is not poor and has repeatedly kept hold of our best players. That is fact.  

it's called intelligence mate, it's what some people use as guidelines to running life in a successful manner, as opposed to wildest dreams, as they generally crash.

On 30/11/2018 at 10:59, WhiteOwl91 said:

Exactly, FF isn't going to want to drop his wages, is he? 

Unless Leeds are just going for broke.

Well they brought in a bit of a crazy manager who's known for going for broke himself, so quite plausible. 

They've been up there last few years at Christmas and due to not strengthening have faded,so another reason there. 

Makes me wish we had gray back in charge in times like this because if we do have a fire sale and all those who are integral to help keep us up go we're in trouble. 

Under gray we'd probably bring in a couple of loovens type of players either loaned or on the cheap, not fantastic talented players, but solid, gritty, determined characters with leadership and the ability to galvanise those around them, under jos I'm not to sure?? 

On 30/11/2018 at 10:38, BRADDO said:

From a decent source with links to the the training ground, I've heard Reach to Wolves and FF to Leeds. Take the information as you find it. 

I can see that happening in both cases. 

Also Westwood to Leeds. 

Not sure Reach would fit in at wolves, can see him at Brighton or Huddersfield. 

The only players we are likely to sell this January window are Reach and Forestieri.

Bannan has just signed a new contract so unless he has put in a release clause (which is possible) he will probably stay.

If we sell both Reach and FF and don't sign anyone...I think we will go down.

Hopefully we can hang onto them until the summer but I think needs must and we will need to cash in.

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

if i was on the norwich board, i'd be saying we don't need to buy him, we can extend the loan, wednesday won't want him back as it increases their wage bill, so why buy him?

Because, if for the sake of argument a £4 million transfer was agreed before the loan deal and Rhodes suddenly finds the scoring form he had four or five years ago, they will have bought a £10 million plus asset for nowt in modern football terms. We get the loan fee and the £4 million and walk away relieved from the deal.

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

Look at other clubs in our league they bend the rules, we have teams getting parachute payments that have an unfair advantage so the other teams find ways around this.

Leeds have 17 games a season on sky so get £2m more tv money that most in the league other get shirt sponsorship deals or stadium naming rights. They also have a deal with their owns foreign tv rights

Some teams fill their stadium in both the stands and the corporate area by offer prices that people will pay. We as a club have not sold a single season ticket for the corporate boxes in 3 season. 

We do none of this we have no shirt sponsor, no advertising income, no stadium naming rights etc. But DC has his name everywhere the stands, the seats, the shirts but paid just £1.2m. He could argue that the going rate for shirt sponsorship in this league is £1.5m a season (see the 6 teams promoted the last 2 season what they get a season when promoted), the stadium naming rights should be worth anything from £500,000 to a few million, what ever you can get away with add to that all the free advertising, a 8ft by 2 ft board to advertising at Hillsborough last season was £11,000 for the season. DC could rightly argue if he paid £3-5m a season in as advertising and sponsorship income it to be correct but he choses not too.

If DC genuinely wants to put more money into the club he could, but he doesn't and the excuse is FFP so simple is it a case of he does not have the money to put in, or he does not want to.1) If we got promoted the £100m of millions would go to him not the fans not probably the club. 2) So why should he not put more in, what ever form he uses to get around the rules who cares as long as we avoid an embargo. 

be careful on the first highlighted part, as that would be almost impossible for you to prove should you have to.

as for the second, and ways around the rules, the fa and fl will have used teams of very highly paid lawyers to put together 'their product' not chucked something together with giant loopholes in it thought up for them by the bloke on the waltzer at the fairground.

2 minutes ago, trev said:

The only players we are likely to sell this January window are Reach and Forestieri.

Bannan has just signed a new contract so unless he has put in a release clause (which is possible) he will probably stay.

If we sell both Reach and FF and don't sign anyone...I think we will go down.

Hopefully we can hang onto them until the summer but I think needs must and we will need to cash in.

If we get rid of those all we have to.replave them with at the moment are U23s.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:21, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

You don't think the whole football world doesn't realise our predicament?

No way we are getting £15 million for a very average championship player

He just looks good because he's in a bad side

Same goes for Bannan and FF.

spot on

If we are to be selling any of our players it needs to happen in the first week of the window and not at the end!

I'd forget about buying any players in January and just get loan signings in. There are plenty of quality loan signings available from top clubs in Europe and they are generally happy to pay their wages. 

Steady the ship, tighten the purse strings, survive(hard I know) and go for it again next season with a new manager and new philosophy. 

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Because, if for the sake of argument a £4 million transfer was agreed before the loan deal and Rhodes suddenly finds the scoring form he had four or five years ago, they will have bought a £10 million plus asset for nowt in modern football terms. We get the loan fee and the £4 million and walk away relieved from the deal.

but 'for the sake of argument' a loan extension is agreed, and (the more likely scenario) rhodes NEVER finds his scoring form he had FOUR OR FIVE YEARS AGO, and at the end of the season is returned to us as no longer needed at norwich.

it looks more likely to me that we have a £1.5m  c/f on our hands that we paid dam near £10m for.

Just now, dnhc said:

but 'for the sake of argument' a loan extension is agreed, and (the more likely scenario) rhodes NEVER finds his scoring form he had FOUR OR FIVE YEARS AGO, and at the end of the season is returned to us as no longer needed at norwich.

it looks more likely to me that we have a £1.5m  c/f on our hands that we paid dam near £10m for.

But that is exactly how Norwich have come out of the deal with the better hand. They can wait and see then judge the merits from there. We have to take whatever is on the table and run.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

But that is exactly how Norwich have come out of the deal with the better hand. They can wait and see then judge the merits from there. We have to take whatever is on the table and run.

and WHAT YOU STATE may well be true of ALL our dealings in the upcoming window, we are up against a wall, i don't see anyone in football having the need to throw us a lifeline.

the only thing in our favour would be a 'feeding frenzy' of clubs causing an auction for individual players, but if the likes of bannan is only wanted by villa, then villa alone would set that price.

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

and WHAT YOU STATE may well be true of ALL our dealings in the upcoming window, we are up against a wall, i don't see anyone in football having the need to throw us a lifeline.

the only thing in our favour would be a 'feeding frenzy' of clubs causing an auction for individual players, but if the likes of bannan is only wanted by villa, then villa alone would set that price.

Aye, absolutely!

The result of a diabolical transfer policy that the club has embarked on in recent years.