January Transfer Window

Mus

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

chansiri's wealth is of no use, are we not up against the ffp limit and about to fall over the edge, points deduction pending?

we need to raise what we can get, and get some off the wage bill for dc to launch some sort of 'promotion 2' attempt, or sell us on.

And this shows that FFP/P&S is indeed a load of b******s and stopping a lot of teams with rich owners or not from being able to compete consistently in the Championship?

41 minutes ago, dnhc said:

what are 'funds to see us through an embargo'?

one or two 'ifs and buts' in the rest, i wondering if the laws of the game might well be a tad less 'fluid' than you think.

I know nothing apart from if's and but's its just speculation and rumours - - - but so is exactly what your saying. 

In fact I have come up with reasoning as to my thoughts but what is your factual evidence we are approaching a 'firesale'? Can you see into future?? Didnt think so --- therefore my ifs/buts are just as valid as yours. Instead of trying to be clever and coming across as a know it all but tell no one - - try piecing together some better reasoning. 

Do you know anything about the 15 clubs/ breakaway league/ petitioning against FFP?? No I didnt think so.

Chansiri is not poor and has repeatedly kept hold of our best players. That is fact.  

Edited by SouthernOwl24

I expect FF to leave for a fee in January, as well as the club actively trying to find takers for Westwood, Hutchinson, Boyd and Jones. Not sure what else we can do with Abdi but negotiate some kind of mutual contract termination.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold one of Bannan or Reach, but I think it would be a huge gamble to sell both.

While many chose to berate Jos for "freezing" out players, I can see entirely why these choices have been made. We may as well blood the youngsters this year as come next season they may be all we have.

The most frustrating thing for me is that the squad restructuring could have begun in the summer. Instead Chansiri held on to his forlorn hope that we could of got promoted this year. It's given people false hope that we may be competitive this season, while Jos has tried to start the essential rebuilding process midseason, while getting it in the neck from the fanbase.

It's all a bit of a mess really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

I know nothing apart from if's and but's its just speculation and rumours - - - but so is exactly what your saying. 

In fact I have come up with reasoning as to my thoughts but what is your factual evidence we are approaching a 'firesale'? Can you see into future?? Didnt think so --- therefore my ifs/buts are just as valid as yours. Instead of trying to be clever and coming across as a know it all but tell no one - - try piecing together some better reasoning. 

Do you know anything about the 15 clubs/ breakaway league/ petitioning against FFP?? No I didnt think so.

Chansiri is not poor and has repeatedly kept hold of our best players. That is fact.  

I have to ask  two of your points.

Chansiri is not poor, does anyone know what he actually did before being our chairman, I can see what his dad does and his uncle but DC nothing to suggest he is a very wealthy man or a great business man. Some people mentioned he was in property but this cannot be true either as the farce of the making the shirts ourselves told me he was not in property. The first thing you have when in property (and I know as i have dealt with a lot of people who own a lot of property) is an excellent legal team, but DC was able to have the wool pulled over his eyes on more than one occasion.

The other think keeping hold of our best players, that the majority of will be out of contract this season and currently most of them have not played at all this season. Is this a good thing I personally think not. 

If you had said he is stubborn man who cannot admit that he continues to have no idea what he is doing, he has surrounding himself with yes people who don't have a clue how to run a football team and continue to make gaff after gaff and expect the fans to continue funding the errors made. Fans are chargd excessive prices to watch a team full of kids and players not good enough for championship level football, playing a standard of football worse than we ever saw under Stuart Gray who had to play his games on what can only be described as a sand pit of a stadium then I would agree with you but we hold this man to a standard but everything he has done in 4 years suggest he simply is not this person.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I have to ask  two of your points.

Chansiri is not poor, does anyone know what he actually did before being our chairman, I can see what his dad does and his uncle but DC nothing to suggest he is a very wealthy man or a great business man. Some people mentioned he was in property but this cannot be true either as the farce of the making the shirts ourselves told me he was not in property. The first thing you have when in property (and I know as i have dealt with a lot of people who own a lot of property) is an excellent legal team, but DC was able to have the wool pulled over his eyes on more than one occasion.

The other think keeping hold of our best players, that the majority of will be out of contract this season and currently most of them have not played at all this season. Is this a good thing I personally think not. 

If you had said he is stubborn man who cannot admit that he continues to have no idea what he is doing, he has surrounding himself with yes people who don't have a clue how to run a football team and continue to make gaff after gaff and expect the fans to continue funding the errors made. Fans are chargd excessive prices to watch a team full of kids and players not good enough for championship level football, playing a standard of football worse than we ever saw under Stuart Gray who had to play his games on what can only be described as a sand pit of a stadium then I would agree with you but we hold this man to a standard but everything he has done in 4 years suggest he simply is not this person.

100% agree with you on last paragraph -- I was making a point that he has not sold best players which he hasn't. I didn't say I liked him as I think he has pulled wool over our eyes and lied to us since it has gone wrong. I think he was happy to take plaudits when it was going right and I agreed with the gamble he took. 

His personality and actions now it has gone wrong is where fans trust or dont trust him to do the right thing. I do not trust him to lead us out of this. 

Also he put in tens of millions into us - - i do not know what he did before but he is either wealthy himself or through his connections. With the amount put in - he is not poor.

2 hours ago, torres said:

Don't get me wrong - i agree i think he's average - but in todays market even US could get £10-£15m for him at this point in time.

English players command a premium - could see us accepting £10M for him.

we are completely up the creek fiscally and have virtually no bargaining power .

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

100% agree with you on last paragraph -- I was making a point that he has not sold best players which he hasn't. I didn't say I liked him as I think he has pulled wool over our eyes and lied to us since it has gone wrong. I think he was happy to take plaudits when it was going right and I agreed with the gamble he took. 

His personality and actions now it has gone wrong is where fans trust or dont trust him to do the right thing. I do not trust him to lead us out of this. 

Also he put in tens of millions into us - - i do not know what he did before but he is either wealthy himself or through his connections. With the amount put in - he is not poor.

He hasn't put in 10's of millions though.

The financial statements show the money he has put in as a directors loan, other club loan this money from a bank it is like DC is our bank but as its recorded as a loan he is expecting the money back.

If the financial statements had 10's million in equity or share that would be him putting money into the club, DC can put in more each season but choose not to then uses FFP as an excuse. the last filed account for 2016/17 season (May 2017) DC put in £1.2m he can by football league rules put in £5m he choose not to. Huddersfield went up 2 season ago and got £1.5m from their shirt deal allow and DC has his name every where, the stadium, the seats, the adverting board the shirts. He can put in more but he doesn't is this the actions of a champion who is very rich

Compare him the Coates at Stoke this season their company Bet 365 have sponsored both their shirts and stadium for £8m+

The three teams that went up last season this season shirts sponsorship alone Wolves £5m, Fulham £3m and Cardiff £3m.

DC is putting in the bare minimum he can get away with which again tells me he doesn't have the funds to do it. If we did get to the Premier league and got £100m for finishing last who would get this money DC or the fans, so why should he not pay to get the club promoted.

Edited by room0035

41 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

And this shows that FFP/P&S is indeed a load of b******s and stopping a lot of teams with rich owners or not from being able to compete consistently in the Championship?

Rules were brought in by the FA after HMRC told them they were tired of clubs running up big debts going into administration and not paying large tax bills.

Think Leeds and Portsmouth did this.

I can see point of view that it restricts what a mega rich owner can spend though. But rules have been there a while and whether you agree with them or not Wednesday only themselves to blame for getting am embargo.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Didn't realise all that was in your post so thanks. He still has to have the money to loan in the first place but I get your point that he is putting in bare minimum. 

I think things have gone completely wrong as said above but in relation to my initial post - I cannot see a firesale for low prices of our three best assets in Bannan, FF and Reach. I think FF will go but at a fair 8M. 

The frozen out will be released/ sold etc. 

I also think that there is something in the story of 'x amount of clubs petitioning against FFP'. I think FFP will be looked into in the close season as its not competitive with Championship clubs anymore. 

Don’t we need £6m for Rhodes just balance the accounting value of his initial transfer fee?

Id listen to offers for all the squad, if we need around £12-£15M this window our books will show we need same again next January. Rip the plaster off now and raise as much as humanly possible and try to start again in the summer. Aim to finish 21st or higher and it’ll be job one.

Sam Clucas went to Swansea when in PL for £17M and Reach is much better as a pricing guide 

1 minute ago, Themagiccap said:

Don’t we need £6m for Rhodes just balance the accounting value of his initial transfer fee?

Id listen to offers for all the squad, if we need around £12-£15M this window our books will show we need same again next January. Rip the plaster off now and raise as much as humanly possible and try to start again in the summer. Aim to finish 21st or higher and it’ll be job one.

Sam Clucas went to Swansea when in PL for £17M and Reach is much better as a pricing guide 

Think Norwich have been paying a good amount if not all of his wages so that should help.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The financial statements show the money he has put in as a directors loan, other club loan this money from a bank it is like DC is our bank but as its recorded as a loan he is expecting the money back.

If the financial statements had 10's million in equity or share that would be him putting money into the club, DC can put in more each season but choose not to then uses FFP as an excuse. the last filed account for 2016/17 season (May 2017) DC put in £1.2m he can by football league rules put in £5m he choose not to. Huddersfield went up 2 season ago and got £1.5m from their shirt deal allow and DC has his name every where, the stadium, the seats, the adverting board the shirts. He can put in more but he doesn't is this the actions of a champion who is very rich

Compare him the Coates at Stoke this season their company Bet 365 have sponsored both their shirts and stadium for £8m+

The three teams that went up last season this season shirts sponsorship alone Wolves £5m, Fulham £3m and Cardiff £3m.

DC is putting in the bare minimum he can get away with which again tells me he doesn't have the funds to do it. If we did get to the Premier league and got £100m for finishing last who would get this money DC or the fans, so why should he not pay to get the club promoted.

Whether he gifts money to the club or puts it in as a loan the club still receives the money and it still counts against P&S.

The accounts you quote show loans from the chairman increased as well as the £1.2M invested.

8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Whether he gifts money to the club or puts it in as a loan the club still receives the money and it still counts against P&S.

The accounts you quote show loans from the chairman increased as well as the £1.2M invested.

Yes but the definition of a loan is 

'a thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back with interest'.

So if it a loan he isn't giving anything he is financing.  He could do a lot more on the finance side if DC had put in the £5m a season he could we would be no where near with the FFP and probably would be in a lot better position in the league and the likes of Westwood not frozen out of the first team picture. But we all already know that DC could not run a bath without first getting an adviser in to help.WTF:

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Yes but the definition of a loan is 

'a thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back with interest'.

So if it a loan he isn't giving anything he is financing.  He could do a lot more on the finance side if DC had put in the £5m a season he could we would be no where near with the FFP and probably would be in a lot better position in the league and the likes of Westwood not frozen out of the first team picture. But we all already know that DC could not run a bath without first getting an adviser in to help.WTF:

If he had put in the £5M as you suggest then due to P&S /FFP he would not have been able to loan any money therefore the situation would still be the same.