January Transfer Window

Mus

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

To be honest, for me we have only three players , plus Hector , who are good enough to play in a wednesday team challenging for promotion. Apart from Bannan , Reach and Fessi , the rest are bang average for me .

I rate Joao too, but we need a manager who can motivate & get some consistency out of him. Carlos couldn't. Jos can't either. Kept FF longer than we should have. Reach should be sold for top dollar. Has become our most saleable asset. Bannan turning 29; a sizeable offer should be considered. Plus any crap we can shift from rest of team/squad. 

On 03/12/2018 at 17:30, room0035 said:

I understand what you are saying 

But come January lets say we accept Villa bid of £8m for Bannan, then take £2m and buy Nick Powell from Wigan (last 6 months of his contract), a player who creates but also scores goals and a net £6m banked to help FFP or P&S would you not say this would be smart business.

It would be. Only fly in the ointment is other clubs who may want powell too...

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

What would you say needs to happen for January to be classed as a successful transfer window.

No players going, hanging onto Reach, Bannan, Fessi.

Or getting £20m in through maybe the Reach, Bannan, managing to loan or sell Westwood, Boyd, Abdi, Jones and maybe bring in a few loans and players in the last 6 months of contracts that we can improve and develop into better players but help us in areas of weakness such as the full back and central midfield.

January could be the catalyst for the next 18 months of improvement and pushing the club forward, or it could be as bad a transfer window as the last 3 and the club slide further down the wrong way.

For me we need to be positive, if a few assets have to be sold to balance the books I won't be happy but I will understand, I will not understand if nothing happens and the outcast players are still here getting their huge wages to sit in the stands and the club in the summer is placed in another embargo when we had the chance in January to improve the finances.

We will probably do nothing, head in sand and wait for the car crash

4 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

1) So a club has never appealed a league decision? We have not had this situation before where several clubs could fall to FFP so what makes you think you know all clubs will roll over?

2) As FFP includes 3 years budget; if the budget increases, we would then be further away from FFP should there be an increase. Or at least need less to comply

3) We were under an embargo and come out of it - - so yeah we fought it off within one transfer window. 

4) Im saying from past experiences and transfer windows we have kept his best players-- using this as evidence what makes you suggest a firesale in January?? You have zero evidence but guesswork based on FFP. 

I think we will only sell at right price. You dont. But your evidence to back up your claim to this is nothing. I have 5 other transfer windows backing my point that I dont think any sort of 'firesale' will happen at cut throat pricing. 

1) Let's say for instance that 6/7/8 clubs fall foul of FFP limits this season and remain in this division. If a points reduction was deemed necessary for them all we could be starting next season with said number of clubs in a negative points situation kicking off the season. How could that in any way be considered as FAIR?

2) If said 6/7/8 clubs are all fined for breaking FFP limits ; do these fines then stand against FFP limits for that season?

Yes, I do know that it is now called Profit and Sustainability, but that was only to get rid of the word FAIR in FFP, imo. Just the governing bodies in football covering their a$$e$.

FFP
P'n'S

FFS

Guest Kagoshimaowl

We desperately need a right back, left back central midfielder and quick forward. My suggestion is sell Reach for as much as possible and try to offload Westwood and Hutch for fees if possible. Use the money to fill the four positions with either loans or hungry players from lower leagues. Must keep Bannan and Nando.

Let say in the summer the club manage not to be under an embargo be it selling players in January or the situation on the finances side is not as bad as it seems.

As you can sign players up with 6 months left on their contract or put deals in place to come into force on the 1st July. What good players are there out that that if we have to build a team of free agents and loans who could we get in.

I know of Nick Powell being out of contract in the summer and noted earlier in the week if we sold Bannan, we could replace him with Powell, but who else is there, we will be needed two full back, a center back, central midfielders, wide players and depending who leaves maybe a forward or two my opinion based on where we are weak and who we will lose in the summer

The knowledge of Owlstalk must know a few lower league gems or experience championship pro (experience not old) who could help to stablise our team and maybe be an improvement of what we currently have.

Edited by room0035

12 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

1) Let's say for instance that 6/7/8 clubs fall foul of FFP limits this season and remain in this division. If a points reduction was deemed necessary for them all we could be starting next season with said number of clubs in a negative points situation kicking off the season. How could that in any way be considered as FAIR?

2) If said 6/7/8 clubs are all fined for breaking FFP limits ; do these fines then stand against FFP limits for that season?

Yes, I do know that it is now called Profit and Sustainability, but that was only to get rid of the word FAIR in FFP, imo. Just the governing bodies in football covering their a$$e$.

FFP
P'n'S

FFS

All fines and potential points deductions happen in the current season.

As far as I understand it you don’t carry anything over to the following season other than a embargo on players.

Think we have to give our 19/20 season projection in March 2019 therefore if we are still over the rolling 39million we face further sanctions :sad:

Thats why we will see player sales in Jan, regardless of contract expiry in the summer we need a cash injection from player sales of around 12 million to stop a fine and points deduction.

Probably why DC has set up the fans forum this month to pave the way for a fire sale

Edited by Box_Man

On 01/12/2018 at 11:58, shezzas left peg said:

Makes me wish we had gray back in charge in times like this because if we do have a fire sale and all those who are integral to help keep us up go we're in trouble. 

Under gray we'd probably bring in a couple of loovens type of players either loaned or on the cheap, not fantastic talented players, but solid, gritty, determined characters with leadership and the ability to galvanise those around them, under jos I'm not to sure?? 

Loovens was signed by Dave Jones not Gray.

Jones was then sacked 2 days later.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Let say in the summer the club manage not to be under an embargo be it selling players in January or the situation on the finances side is not as bad as it seems.

As you can sign players up with 6 months left on their contract or put deals in place to come into force on the 1st July. What good players are there out that that if we have to build a team of free agents and loans who could we get in.

I know of Nick Powell being out of contract in the summer and noted earlier in the week if we sold Bannan, we could replace him with Powell, but who else is there, we will be needed two full back, a center back, central midfielders, wide players and depending who leaves maybe a forward or two my opinion based on where we are weak and who we will lose in the summer

The knowledge of Owlstalk must know a few lower league gems or experience championship pro (experience not old) who could help to stablise our team and maybe be an improvement of what we currently have.

You've been told this countless times.

YOU CANNOT SIGN PLAYERS WITH 6 MONTHS LEFT ON THEIR DEAL!! Only if they play abroad or a foreign club wants to sign them. We can't sign English based players on pre contracts.

Players cannot sign ore contracts between English clubs until 30 days remain on the contract.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You've been told this countless times.

YOU CANNOT SIGN PLAYERS WITH 6 MONTHS LEFT ON THEIR DEAL!! Only if they play abroad or a foreign club wants to sign them. We can't sign English based players on pre contracts.

Players cannot sign ore contracts between English clubs until 30 days remain on the contract.

Read what I posted

As you can sign players up with 6 months left on their contract or put deals in place to come into force on the 1st July

Some players can be signed i.e. from abroad other we put deals in place in the UK or players looking to move clubs.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Loovens was signed by Dave Jones not Gray.

Jones was then sacked 2 days later.

Gary Megson also signed Antonio but just 3 days later and a derby victory he got the sack for Dave Jones, 

But if this had not had happened maybe we would not have got promoted who knows.

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Read what I posted

As you can sign players up with 6 months left on their contract or put deals in place to come into force on the 1st July

Some players can be signed i.e. from abroad other we put deals in place in the UK or players looking to move clubs.

You didn't read what I have told you countless times though have you.

You can't make deals for players with 6 months remaining! You aren't allowed to offer them anything until a month remains! How many more flipping times do we have to tell you. Why the fizz are you choosing not to remember this?!?

Edit: For English based players that is. We are allowed with players based elsewhere.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You didn't read what I have told you countless times though have you.

You can't make deals for players with 6 months remaining! You aren't allowed to offer them anything until a month remains! How many more flipping times do we have to tell you. Why the fizz are you choosing not to remember this?!?

Edit: For English based players that is. We are allowed with players based elsewhere.

Birley I don't want to upset you I just wanted people views on what players are out their that we could try to get, we likely will be looking in the free agent market in the summer to address areas of real concern within the squad, I see some lower league games and few of the foreign league, but I also know a lot on here have a lot more knowledge than me. 

There must be some gems or players that for one reason or another are going to be free agents in the summer that we could look to sign, I just wonder who they were.

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Birley I don't want to upset you I just wanted people views on what players are out their that we could try to get, we likely will be looking in the free agent market in the summer to address areas of real concern within the squad, I see some lower league games and few of the foreign league, but I also know a lot on here have a lot more knowledge than me. 

There must be some gems or players that for one reason or another are going to be free agents in the summer that we could look to sign, I just wonder who they were.

There are a few good ones, just depends right now as teams cab and probably will sign them up.

Stefan Johansen attacking CM from Fulham and Timm Klose CB from Norwich would be my options if they are allowed to leave for ftee in the summer.

On 04/12/2018 at 17:19, SouthernOwl24 said:

1) So a club has never appealed a league decision? We have not had this situation before where several clubs could fall to FFP so what makes you think you know all clubs will roll over?

2) As FFP includes 3 years budget; if the budget increases, we would then be further away from FFP should there be an increase. Or at least need less to comply

3) We were under an embargo and come out of it - - so yeah we fought it off within one transfer window. 

4) Im saying from past experiences and transfer windows we have kept his best players-- using this as evidence what makes you suggest a firesale in January?? You have zero evidence but guesswork based on FFP. 

**I think we will only sell at right price. You dont. But your evidence to back up your claim to this is nothing. I have 5 other transfer windows backing my point that I dont think any sort of 'firesale' will happen at cut throat pricing. 

1) it's THE RULES OF THE COMPETITION, what makes you think they 'll be a mass rebellion and the league will meekly back down?

2) we're in trouble now, over spent and the reckoning approaching.

3) WE 'FOUGHT' NOTHING OFF, WE 'COMPLIED' WITH THE 'RULES' OR ELSE.

4) hahahaha! it's the 'keeping of best players on best player wages' that has put us in the state we're in at present, very few have moved on, fees and wages massively increased.

we have to comply fully with the terms and conditions of the governing body of the league/division that we are playing in at the time.

I DO HOPE IF THE CLUB HAVE A PLAN IN MIND FOR FUTURE FINANCIAL DEALINGS, AND NOT BASED UPON PURE FANTASY AS YOURS ARE.

**  i think that the club is presently in a situation where we will fall foul of the competition rules should we not act, all clubs in our division will know this about us, thus why would one want to offer us top dollar, when they know we have to sell?

if more than one club is interested then in an auction situation prices may be better, if there is only limited interest, then they won't.