January Transfer Window

Mus

9 minutes ago, torres said:

If we get rid of Reach for £15m+ i'd be happy.

Hopefully get rid of the outcasts too.

Should put us back to square 1 and able to build for next season 

I would sell Reach at £15m even if we didn't have financial issues.

Buying clubs will know Wednesday need the money so expect if we did sell Reach we would get about £8m.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Buying clubs will know Wednesday need the money so expect if we did sell Reach we would get about £8m.

If we sell Reach we will get top dollar for him.  15m will be the minimum we should be looking for.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

We are the worlds worst and getting anything for our players but i just get a feeling that we will get around that for him - goals from midfield in a struggling bottom half Prem team will be enticing 

I just hope they haven't scouted too much him beyond his goals and they are taking a punt!!! 

21 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I think the club has no other option but to accept decent offers for our few saleable assets. The problem with selling Reach, FF and Bazza is that we'd surely be relegated. Especially under this manager. 

It wouldn't look good.

Then again...who knows.  

Maybe someone else would step to the fore.

Unlikely perhaps but I have to cling to the hope. 

I remember some folks saying WBA would batter us without Bannan.

But in some ways that was one of our best performances.

Sometimes changes to a squad tickle it into a better whole than the individual players. 

Or something!

*grasping at straws!

• Like 1

Salable assets are Reach, Bannan, Fessi.

Hutch with 18 months left on his contract either needs to play or be loaned out.

Westwood won't play for us under this numpty of a manager so needs to be loaned out to save some of his salary if not all.

Jones/Abdi if fit need to be again loaned out, it does matter if we pay half their wages they are not playing any football for us and any saving is a saving.

Neilson/ Preston/ Kirkby/ Wildsmith all need loaning out to play regular football at league 1/2 or conference level. Send Neilson and Preston to Chessy would be a good shout and also helps chessy out. 

If there is anything generated for incoming Nick Powell from Wigan out of contract in the summer and in 12 months will be better for us than Bannan and has a good games to goals ratio too, we need experience in the full back for left back and right back. I like Chris Gunter or Dominic Iorfa for right back and a decent Left back.

Edited by room0035

1 minute ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

You don't think the whole football world doesn't realise our predicament?

No way we are getting £15 million for a very average championship player

He just looks good because he's in a bad side

Same goes for Bannan and FF.

Average championship players don't consistently score the goals Reach does.

He won't go in January because I honesty don't believe anyone will meet our asking price.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

You don't think the whole football world doesn't realise our predicament?

No way we are getting £15 million for a very average championship player

He just looks good because he's in a bad side

Same goes for Bannan and FF.

Don't get me wrong - i agree i think he's average - but in todays market even US could get £10-£15m for him at this point in time.

Without knowing for certain how much we have to recoup/trim/recover in pounds and pence to satisfy P&S, it's impossible to know who will have to be sold/released.

Without knowing who has to be sold/released and for how much, its impossible to know our predicament and whether we are likely candidates for the drop. So stop the droopy b**locks moping and support the players.

Personally, if £15m is the required amount which seems to have been bandied around previously I'd be looking at FF and Rhodes, plus one of Nuhiu, Joao, Winnall or Fletcher in addition to the deadwood(Boyd, Abdi, Jones etc) being released.

I'd consider bids for Penney, with add ons, because unless he realises his potential, he is just that.

I honestly believe Dawson, Hector, Lees, Thorniley, Bannan, Reach, Winnall and the rest are good enough to keep us up. I'm not saying it'll be fun, but there is enough there if we can get some loans in.

If somebody can tell me what we need to save, I'd feel a lot better because the position becomes clearer. However we all know that won't happen because that tips off other clubs. So for me, we need to accumulate as much as possible points wise between now and end of the transfer window. Withe February, March and April to go, we'll have a much clearer picture of where we are at and what we need.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

For me the following can all go Westwood, Hutch,Abdi,Jones,Boyd and Reach only if we can get £15 million and not a penny less....

looks like we are stuck with Hooper until his contract expires,

For me the following can all go

DCs advisors, Jos and his coaching staff, Abdi, Boyd, Pelupessy, Onomah, Fox and the kop band.

• Haha 2

the thing with Reach is that if he does go in January it will be for top price

The January transfer window is over inflated due to lower premier teams panicking and top championship teams going for broke

could see us asking 12m-15m based on other goalscoring midfielders and quoted prices (Grealish 40m Dack 20m etc etc)