January Transfer Window

Mus

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Haven't we said Forestieri will be sold every transfer window and never is. 

I just got a feeling what we are going to command for a lot of our players is going to be a lot more than clubs will be willing to pay.

THIS PLACE  has determined Forestieri will be sold every transfer window since he signed and he's still here yes. 

Start high (price wise) negotiate from there. 

53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It does when in the summer he was costing £5m, Celtic tried to sign him for £5m

I must have missed that particular "transfer story",but reading about him,it would seem that there are far better clubs in for him as things stand Celtic,Villa and Leeds,now put ya self in Powell's shoes,would you choose a struggling side ?

12 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I must have missed that particular "transfer story",but reading about him,it would seem that there are far better clubs in for him as things stand Celtic,Villa and Leeds,now put ya self in Powell's shoes,would you choose a struggling side ?

Lets hope Jos is gone soon and over the Christmas period we are a better team get up the table and look a much more attractive option.

If we wanted him we should strike early before the other teams and make the club attractive, who would have though players like Bannan, Westwood, Forestieri would come here when they will have had options elsewhere.

He is the sort of quality if we lost Bannan we should be looking for and with only 6 months left on his contract we could get him for a good price.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Lets hope Jos is gone soon and over the Christmas period we are a better team get up the table and look a much more attractive option.

If we wanted him we should strike early before the other teams and make the club attractive, who would have though players like Bannan, Westwood, Forestieri would come here when they will have had options elsewhere.

He is the sort of quality if we lost Bannan we should be looking for and with only 6 months left on his contract we could get him for a good price.

I'll ask ya again,would you (powell),bearing in mind the calibre of team chasing ya,sign for a struggling championship club ?

What would you say needs to happen for January to be classed as a successful transfer window.

No players going, hanging onto Reach, Bannan, Fessi.

Or getting £20m in through maybe the Reach, Bannan, managing to loan or sell Westwood, Boyd, Abdi, Jones and maybe bring in a few loans and players in the last 6 months of contracts that we can improve and develop into better players but help us in areas of weakness such as the full back and central midfield.

January could be the catalyst for the next 18 months of improvement and pushing the club forward, or it could be as bad a transfer window as the last 3 and the club slide further down the wrong way.

For me we need to be positive, if a few assets have to be sold to balance the books I won't be happy but I will understand, I will not understand if nothing happens and the outcast players are still here getting their huge wages to sit in the stands and the club in the summer is placed in another embargo when we had the chance in January to improve the finances.

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

I'll ask ya again,would you (powell),bearing in mind the calibre of team chasing ya,sign for a struggling championship club ?

Yes I as Powell want to play week in week out, to improve myself do i think going to Celtic will improve me playing against league 1 or 2 standard players every week no, Villa won't be interest as the want Bannan and I would rather quit playing that play for Leeds lol

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Yes I as Powell want to play week in week out, to improve myself do i think going to Celtic will improve me playing against league 1 or 2 standard players every week no, Villa won't be interest as the want Bannan and I would rather quit playing that play for Leeds lol

Makes ya wonder why anyone signs for Celtic then eh.

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Makes ya wonder why anyone signs for Celtic then eh.

They like it easy in the last 4 or 5 years they haven't signed any great players. 

They sign a lot of eastern European players or players looking to get a foot hold in British football before getting themselves a move to England or in some cases to get a work permit. They also sign a few players looking for the last big pay day like you get with the MSL.

There signing this season  Bain - Dundee free, Edouard PSG Undisclosed, Izaguuire free agent, Arzani Man City loan, Mulumbu Free agent, Benkovic Leicester City Loan.

Not exactly world beaters - I have heard of Mulumbu as he left WBA because he was past it.

Rebuild time.

Sell anyone if we get a very good price.

Then look to invest in younger up and coming players.

It's a business model most clubs follow but our chairman is too stubborn to follow it.

Of course he has backed himself into a corner with the ticket prices. 

Some will demand a reduction in price if we sell our best players and rightly so.

22 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Apologies oh knowledgeable one. 

1) If there are several clubs found breaking FFP rules whilst PL clubs spend more and more do you think all clubs will accept an embargo??? 2) Do you think clubs will accept this 39M limit whilst costs increase?? I dont think so and you would be 'naive' to think they will take this rolling over.

3) We did not accept the embargo last Summer and fought it off with what we could and got out of it. 4) We also kept our best players whilst under that embargo which highlights what may or may not happen in January.

1) the clubs will accept what the league 'decides', (there will be grumblings, but) they will obey the competitions rules.

2) they could get some 'movement' from the league, but it would likely be for future seasons and not 'retrospective'.

3) 'fought off' my arse, WE COMPLIED WITH THE RULES, WE HAD TO.

4) gave yourself a chance there, backed both horses in a two horse race 'may or may not happen in january', you should be safe with that one.

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

1) the clubs will accept what the league 'decides', (there will be grumblings, but) they will obey the competitions rules.

2) they could get some 'movement' from the league, but it would likely be for future seasons and not 'retrospective'.

3) 'fought off' my arse, WE COMPLIED WITH THE RULES, WE HAD TO.

4) gave yourself a chance there, backed both horses in a two horse race 'may or may not happen in january', you should be safe with that one.

1) So a club has never appealed a league decision? We have not had this situation before where several clubs could fall to FFP so what makes you think you know all clubs will roll over?

2) As FFP includes 3 years budget; if the budget increases, we would then be further away from FFP should there be an increase. Or at least need less to comply

3) We were under an embargo and come out of it - - so yeah we fought it off within one transfer window. 

4) Im saying from past experiences and transfer windows we have kept his best players-- using this as evidence what makes you suggest a firesale in January?? You have zero evidence but guesswork based on FFP. 

I think we will only sell at right price. You dont. But your evidence to back up your claim to this is nothing. I have 5 other transfer windows backing my point that I dont think any sort of 'firesale' will happen at cut throat pricing. 

Got to focus on trying to get some £££ for the out of contract players in the summer (if possible) - working on the basis there are 3 worse teams than us in the division we’ve really got to clear the decks in January / summer. 

Really struggling to see many players I think have a long term future at the club from the current crop...

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Mass overhaul please. Personally, I don't care who goes so long as we get good fees & reinvestment - but that'll be difficult. 

To be honest, for me we have only three players , plus Hector , who are good enough to play in a wednesday team challenging for promotion. Apart from Bannan , Reach and Fessi , the rest are bang average for me .