January Transfer Window

Mus

On 01/12/2018 at 11:49, dnhc said:

it's called intelligence mate, it's what some people use as guidelines to running life in a successful manner, as opposed to wildest dreams, as they generally crash.

Exactly my point - - little facts -- just arrogance. 

No speculation, no argument, no facts to back up what you say, just criticism of posters as they disagree with you. It you cannot construct a post to argue my point or convey a different message maybe your the one who lacks intelligence.  Its what people use to create successful debates in a polite manner. 

On 30/11/2018 at 11:01, torres said:

If we get rid of Reach for £15m+ i'd be happy.

Hopefully get rid of the outcasts too.

Should put us back to Division 1 and able to build for next season 

Sorted. 

On 30/11/2018 at 13:08, SouthernOwl24 said:

I know nothing apart from if's and but's its just speculation and rumours - - - but so is exactly what your saying. 

In fact I have come up with reasoning as to my thoughts but what is your factual evidence we are approaching a 'firesale'? Can you see into future?? Didnt think so --- therefore my ifs/buts are just as valid as yours. Instead of trying to be clever and coming across as a know it all but tell no one - - try piecing together some better reasoning. 

Do you know anything about the 15 clubs/ breakaway league/ petitioning against FFP?? No I didnt think so.

Chansiri is not poor and has repeatedly kept hold of our best players. That is fact.  

6 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Exactly my point - - little facts -- just arrogance. 

No speculation, no argument, no facts to back up what you say, just criticism of posters as they disagree with you. It you cannot construct a post to argue my point or convey a different message maybe your the one who lacks intelligence.  Its what people use to create successful debates in a polite manner. 

i don't (to my knowledge) 'criticise posters' in general, i did with you as i thought your posting was 'wildly nieve'.

for anyone to think that sheffield wednesday football club are in a position of strength when it comes to selling players in the next two windows is quite staggering, we are against a rock and a hard place, and just about everybody in football knows more about it than our support.

as for the 15 clubs/breakaway league/petitioning against ffp, i thought it was so far removed from reality, in expecting something as wild as that to come to in any way our rescue that i deemed it not to be worthy of an answer.

20 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i don't (to my knowledge) 'criticise posters' in general, i did with you as i thought your posting was 'wildly nieve'.

for anyone to think that sheffield wednesday football club are in a position of strength when it comes to selling players in the next two windows is quite staggering, we are against a rock and a hard place, and just about everybody in football knows more about it than our support.

as for the 15 clubs/breakaway league/petitioning against ffp, i thought it was so far removed from reality, in expecting something as wild as that to come to in any way our rescue that i deemed it not to be worthy of an answer.

Apologies oh knowledgeable one. 

If there are several clubs found breaking FFP rules whilst PL clubs spend more and more do you think all clubs will accept an embargo??? Do you think clubs will accept this 39M limit whilst costs increase?? I dont think so and you would be 'naive' to think they will take this rolling over.

We did not accept the embargo last Summer and fought it off with what we could and got out of it. We also kept our best players whilst under that embargo which highlights what may or may not happen in January.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I understand what you are saying 

But come January lets say we accept Villa bid of £8m for Bannan, then take £2m and buy Nick Powell from Wigan (last 6 months of his contract), a player who creates but also scores goals and a net £6m banked to help FFP or P&S would you not say this would be smart business.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I understand what you are saying 

But come January lets say we accept Villa bid of £8m for Bannan, then take £2m and buy Nick Powell from Wigan (last 6 months of his contract), a player who creates but also scores goals and a net £6m banked to help FFP or P&S would you not say this would be smart business.

Paying £2 million for a player who has 6 months left on a contract, doesn't strike me as being very smart !!! 

Think if we had to sell players in January in order to meet any FFP requirements then we would still be under an embargo surely. 

Think we will only sell the big name players if we get good enough offers for them. 

Be no giving the players away on the cheap. 

But then again saying that. Take Tom Lees. his form this season means something like 3 million would probably be fair. 

It's more probably us asking the likes of 2 million for Abdi and Jones that worries me not the us accepting derisory offers for our players.

Edited by pazowl55

Can see a few outs and zero ins to be honest. Maybe another loan. We just aren't attractive enough for most decent players at the moment. Clubs going down the crapper and most agents know that and will tell their clients not to touch us with a bobbar stick.