January Transfer Window

Mus

3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

the thing with Reach is that if he does go in January it will be for top price

The January transfer window is over inflated due to lower premier teams panicking and top championship teams going for broke

could see us asking 12m-15m based on other goalscoring midfielders and quoted prices (Grealish 40m Dack 20m etc etc)

there are no 'top prices' in a fire sale.

IF more than one lot are interested, there's a chance, but 'football' knows wednesday's position. 

• Thanks 1

I think the next month may tell us something as it’ll be interesting if Mr C shows up at Hillsborough before Christmas having not been seen at S6 since the Norwich debacle? If he doesn’t then it may add fuel to the fire that he’s looking to get out?

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

there are no 'top prices' in a fire sale.

IF more than one lot are interested, there's a chance, but 'football' knows wednesday's position. 

I get that were in trouble but Chansiri is not poor/ bankrupt. We are in trouble because of a potential upcoming embargo meaning we do not need to sell for less than what he is worth.

All we need to do is wrap up a long term contract before the upcoming rubbish right?? 

This would surely mean we do not need to sell for less than the 15M that he is worth IMO. 

1 minute ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

I get that were in trouble but Chansiri is not poor/ bankrupt. We are in trouble because of a potential upcoming embargo meaning we do not need to sell for less than what he is worth.

All we need to do is wrap up a long term contract before the upcoming rubbish right?? 

This would surely mean we do not need to sell for less than the 15M that he is worth IMO. 

chansiri's wealth is of no use, are we not up against the ffp limit and about to fall over the edge, points deduction pending?

we need to raise what we can get, and get some off the wage bill for dc to launch some sort of 'promotion 2' attempt, or sell us on.

As a few have said already, we need to pick up as many points as possible between now - until the end of January to

give us a bit of breathing space 

I’d be happy for Reach to go for 15mill as people have quoted whether we get that is another question 

then summer id get rid of the lot including BB & FF and just start again, this group of players have had their day, it’s time for a rebuild 

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

chansiri's wealth is of no use, are we not up against the ffp limit and about to fall over the edge, points deduction pending?

we need to raise what we can get, and get some off the wage bill for dc to launch some sort of 'promotion 2' attempt, or sell us on.

Agree with this to an extent. But we wont be held to ransom over our 'best' player either as we have the funds to see through the embargo and keep him. 

If we got rid of frozen out players there is a huge saving on wages there already without letting Reach go at a 50% discount? 

I would still actively look and offload the player to help get us out of the hole but only at right price. 

Im still confident that FFP will be reviewed at end of season/ shortly with so many clubs failing the rules or ignoring them. With rising costs for players and wages they will be nudged to up the FFP limit to meet the current climate meaning we may have more room to manoeuvre.  

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

From a decent source with links to the the training ground, I've heard Reach to Wolves and FF to Leeds. Take the information as you find it. 

Lets see how stuck in Forestieri gets in the next few games then 

If he ambles around the pitch like he did in the last game, probably starts to make sense 

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Lets see how stuck in Forestieri gets in the next few games then 

If he ambles around the pitch like he did in the last game, probably starts to make sense 

I recognise FF's talent but sometimes you do wonder if his head is in the right place.  He is a frustrating 

player indeed.

9 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Agree with this to an extent. But we wont be held to ransom over our 'best' player either as we have the funds to see through the embargo and keep him. 

If we got rid of frozen out players there is a huge saving on wages there already without letting Reach go at a 50% discount? 

I would still actively look and offload the player to help get us out of the hole but only at right price. 

Im still confident that FFP will be reviewed at end of season/ shortly with so many clubs failing the rules or ignoring them. With rising costs for players and wages they will be nudged to up the FFP limit to meet the current climate meaning we may have more room to manoeuvre.  

what are 'funds to see us through an embargo'?

one or two 'ifs and buts' in the rest, i wondering if the laws of the game might well be a tad less 'fluid' than you think.

1 minute ago, Mus said:

I recognise FF's talent but sometimes you do wonder if his head is in the right place.  He is a frustrating 

player indeed.

Conspiring here - but leaving him out the side for so long to recover and seeing him amble around makes me think he's being protected and doesn't want to get injured for January incase someone comes in. 

52 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Without knowing for certain how much we have to recoup/trim/recover in pounds and pence to satisfy P&S, it's impossible to know who will have to be sold/released.

Without knowing who has to be sold/released and for how much, its impossible to know our predicament and whether we are likely candidates for the drop. So stop the droopy b**locks moping and support the players.

Personally, if £15m is the required amount which seems to have been bandied around previously I'd be looking at FF and Rhodes, plus one of Nuhiu, Joao, Winnall or Fletcher in addition to the deadwood(Boyd, Abdi, Jones etc) being released.

I'd consider bids for Penney, with add ons, because unless he realises his potential, he is just that.

I honestly believe Dawson, Hector, Lees, Thorniley, Bannan, Reach, Winnall and the rest are good enough to keep us up. I'm not saying it'll be fun, but there is enough there if we can get some loans in.

If somebody can tell me what we need to save, I'd feel a lot better because the position becomes clearer. However we all know that won't happen because that tips off other clubs. So for me, we need to accumulate as much as possible points wise between now and end of the transfer window. Withe February, March and April to go, we'll have a much clearer picture of where we are at and what we need.

Based on the fact from 13 players out of contract the end of this season only Bannan and Joao have been offer long deals and Penney has been offer another year.

I would take from the fact 10 players have not been offered deals and these included current first team players - I read from this we are royally in the financial poo

I love you optimism but i do not expect to see any of the players not currently in the team Winnall, Jones, Abdi, Boyd, Westwood play for us again. Winnall when or if fit will be sold for a few million to probably Derby/Sheff Utd or similar placed team, the rest won't play again this season. 

54 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

For me the following can all go

DCs advisors, Jos and his coaching staff, Abdi, Boyd, Pelupessy, Onomah, Fox and the kop band.

Onomah played 30+ games last season for a team that got to the play offs.

Venancio this time last year was a wasted loan then when Carlos left and he got a chance to play he was one of our best players last season.

Don't write him off, once Jos loses the next few games and we continue to slip into more trouble, the new manager hopefully will give him a try and I think he will offer a lot more than some currently ahead of him.

38 minutes ago, dnhc said:

Chansiri can put into the club £5m at least a season other chairman sponsor their club and pay a lot more than him but he does not using FFP as an excuse. The promoted team last season and the season before had shirt deals of £1.5m and stadium naming rights DC has his name everywhere the seats, the stands the shirts and puts in just £1.2m. Stokes chairman in comparison this season has put in £8m+.

He has ideas that make chump change like the 1867 club joke, which tells me he does not have the funds everyone think he has. 

He is not putting in equity i.e giving money to the club, he is recording everything spent as a directors loan which means he expects to get every penny he has put in back, including his investment to buy us. This will simple not happen without promotion to the top flight or selling all of our assets.

If he continues to bury his head in the sand and hope for promotion relegation is only a matter of time, this season or next or the one after. Look how quickly Chessy went from championship hopefully to none league strugglers with the wrong man in charge. Why should anyone think with the continues years of errors from DC, he is backed into a corner and instead of coming out fighting he is hiding away.