Treatment of Penney

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Play a young lad out of position for 45 minutes. Pull him of at half time. Superb man management toward a young player that Jos. 

He was an absolute embarrassment last night. 

Baker is poor but you can’t accuse him of not putting his all in, Penny swanned about like a kid with a smacked backside and was lucky to make it to half time!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, torres said:

He was an absolute embarrassment last night. 

Baker is poor but you can’t accuse him of not putting his all in, Penny swanned about like a kid with a smacked backside and was lucky to make it to half time!!

I'd have took him off as r time as Fletcher came off but no point wasting subs that early.

• Like 1

I hope we aint paying penney too much in his new contract he looks lost and out of his depth ,Im not sure what his position is maybe he don't either with jos moving him about . there is still time for him though he could still be a good player for us going forward. as for baker though is he the worst right back to play for us? totally dire every game cant defend,not strong enough don't get forward ,cant cross ,no positional sense and he makes palmer look like the worlds best right back. 

• Like 1

Christ, can we stop obsessing about Penny.

He’s got a bit of promise but that’s about it.

Early in the first half the ball came to him forty yards out, there were three players waiting for the cross, he had bags of time and nobody near him...what did he do.... shoot !

Embarrassing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Christ, can we stop obsessing about Penny.

He’s got a bit of promise but that’s about it.

Early in the first half the ball came to him forty yards out, there were three players waiting for the cross, he had bags of time and nobody near him...what did he do.... shoot !

Embarrassing.

He's had one decent game - his debut  - after that you can see why he got shunned at his previous loan clubs 

The vitriol to Penney in this thread is disgraceful. No wonder we ruin young players.

Not one player played well in that first half. Senior pros showed no effort. Yet people are singling out a young kid playing out of position in a toxic environment. Terrible man management by Jos.

Forestieri swanned about for 45 minutes with no interest, getting forward and back when it suited him. But we’d rather slag off an academy product.

14 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Start a thread about Forestieri then and I’m sure everyone will weigh in there too like they have in this one that you started. Fact is Penney put in another disinterested display. That’s his fault not ours.

He wasn’t disinterested against the Blades. Again playing in centre midfield.

He came on against Derby and did more in 10 minutes then Fox did in 80.

Starts tonight again playing out of position in a bizarre and yet another formation change. Struggles but so does everyone around him.

And people start threads on here moaning we don’t produce anyone decent and we ruin players. Wonder why when we scapegoat young lads early doors and ruin their confidence. 

Best decision the likes of Clare and Hirst made to get out of playing for Wednesday.

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Play a young lad out of position for 45 minutes. Pull him of at half time. Superb man management toward a young player that Jos. 

Pulled him off because he was walking about after losing the ball. First time I saw Jos get up first half but when he did he looked like he was gonna string Penney up. I hardly think LB to LW for an attacking fullback is a big change, regardless his attitude and effort first half was appalling. Deserved to be dragged off, hopefully learns from it

As a promising young player Penney needed to be introduced gradually into a winning team to get the best out of him.

Many youngsters have inconsistent form at first and that is just what we are seeing with the lad.

The team is struggling and so is he. I wasn’t surprised to see him hooked last night.

He looked slow and uncertain and got caught in possession a few times.

Problem was there was no movement ahead of him, no forward pass option and he didn’t have the confidence to carry the ball upfield. 

In short he doesn’t look ready for a regular place in the team yet, but it’s not his fault more senior players arn’t helping him through this.

Sad to say about the rest of em that young Thornily looked our best player last night. 

43 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He wasn’t disinterested against the Blades. Again playing in centre midfield.

He came on against Derby and did more in 10 minutes then Fox did in 80.

Starts tonight again playing out of position in a bizarre and yet another formation change. Struggles but so does everyone around him.

And people start threads on here moaning we don’t produce anyone decent and we ruin players. Wonder why when we scapegoat young lads early doors and ruin their confidence. 

Best decision the likes of Clare and Hirst made to get out of playing for Wednesday.

If a player (playing for a team in a relegation fight) can’t muster the effort to chase for a second ball then I think people are within their rights to point out that it’s not really good enough. The manager appeared to agree too. That’s neither toxic nor disgraceful.

What do you suggest people do instead? Congratulate him for his lack of application because he’s young?

Worked out great for Hirst and Clare so far hasn’t it. Then you’ve got Thorniley and Baker looking like they’d run through a brick wall.

The lad needs to shape up. He’s a professional now on a professional contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If a player (playing for a team in a relegation fight) can’t muster the effort to chase for a second ball then I think people are within their rights to point out that it’s not really good enough. The manager appeared to agree too. That’s neither toxic nor disgraceful.

What do you suggest people do instead? Congratulate him for his lack of application because he’s young?

Worked out great for Hirst and Clare so far hasn’t it. Then you’ve got Thorniley and Baker looking like they’d run through a brick wall.

The lad needs to shape up. He’s a professional now on a professional contract.

Very well said 

49 minutes ago, Owlbert Einstein said:

Pulled him off because he was walking about after losing the ball. First time I saw Jos get up first half but when he did he looked like he was gonna string Penney up. I hardly think LB to LW for an attacking fullback is a big change, regardless his attitude and effort first half was appalling. Deserved to be dragged off, hopefully learns from it

If i was the manager i would have knocked him out at half time

Terrible in every sense of the word and not for the first time

A young lad given this opportunity WITH talent and he has an awful attitude at times.

Shouldn't be near the first team for a while 

11 minutes ago, torres said:

If i was the manager i would have knocked him out at half time

Terrible in every sense of the word and not for the first time

A young lad given this opportunity WITH talent and he has an awful attitude at times.

Shouldn't be near the first team for a while 

Completely agree. Minimum you require from a player as a fan or I guess as a manager is to give 100%, he couldnt give less of a f*ck last night. 

• Like 1

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

some (probably same people) would be moaning about Jos not bringing off Penney earlier because he was having a stinker!!

Although like a few i agree that his best position is LB ... this experiment of him in the middle of the park isn't working out well