Treatment of Penney

Just now, Owlbert Einstein said:

Completely agree. Minimum you require from a player as a fan or I guess as a manager is to give 100%, he couldnt give less of a f*ck last night. 

He lost out on winning a ball that was 80/20 in his favour

He looked like he was about to cry because there was something up with his finger!!! (why the hell did it take 2 physios to attend to that!!)

He showed no desire whatsoever during the 45 minutes he was out there 

It was shameful 

Just now, Hack-Abusi said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

some (probably same people) would be moaning about Jos not bringing off Penney earlier because he was having a stinker!!

Although like a few i agree that his best position is LB ... this experiment of him in the middle of the park isn't working out well

He can't defend though 

The position he started Penney in last night is a difficult position to play. We played 4231 first half.

Penney on the left hand of the 3 but being asked to play quite narrow. It is big ask for a young lad.

He played the same position at Bristol City and was equally lost.

His best  position is left wing back or left back if we are chasing a game.

At full back you are facing the play and have the security of the touch line on one side. To then have to play more in the middle of the pitch with stuff happening all around you is a massive difference and why he looks slow on the ball. You just don’t have as much time.

Penney starting before Fernando is a travesty.  

Penney like every other young player we have just ain'tgood enough

Dawson 

Wildsmith

Baker 

Penney 

Kirby 

Preston 

All pretty dreadful. But he's playing the youngsters blah blah blah 

I didn't buy one of the most expensive season tickets not only in the league but in the country to watch Connor flipping Kirby and Matt poopydoo penney

I want to see the senior pros we pay a lot of money to playing 

15 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Play a young lad out of position for 45 minutes. Pull him of at half time. Superb man management toward a young player that Jos. 

He was an utter embarrassment for a professional footballer. If you can defend that display then every word out of your mouth ought to flushed down the toilet. Hes been crap for the last 4 or 5 appearances, struts about like Im billy big rounduns and no different in attitude to the two who wee wee*d off. Young Penny, take a leaf out of the other two young lads books for committment and determination. Bet his parents are reight proud of him.  He slowly becoming a Leon Clark. 

12 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

He was an utter embarrassment for a professional footballer. If you can defend that display then every word out of your mouth ought to flushed down the toilet. Hes been crap for the last 4 or 5 appearances, struts about like Im billy big rounduns and no different in attitude to the two who wee wee*d off. Young Penny, take a leaf out of the other two young lads books for committment and determination. Bet his parents are reight proud of him.  He slowly becoming a Leon Clark. 

Get a grip

23 hours ago, oldishowl said:

The position he started Penney in last night is a difficult position to play. We played 4231 first half.

Penney on the left hand of the 3 but being asked to play quite narrow. It is big ask for a young lad.

He played the same position at Bristol City and was equally lost.

His best  position is left wing back or left back if we are chasing a game.

At full back you are facing the play and have the security of the touch line on one side. To then have to play more in the middle of the pitch with stuff happening all around you is a massive difference and why he looks slow on the ball. You just don’t have as much time.

This. Terrible position to play a young lad who isn’t familiar with it. Will destroy his confidence. 

This thread is embarrassing. It was clear why Penney was struggling. Adam Reach gave the ball away with his back to goal numerous times Tuesday night and I don’t see anyone picking on him. And he’s a senior player. 

Wednesday fans are pathetic at times.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah it’s embarrassing that we’re not criticising Adam Reach for lethargically wondering whether he should stick his leg out for a ball one metre away then deciding not to bother.

So we’re going to ignore Reach bottling that 50/50 in the first half? 

People see what they want to see. Penney wasn’t playing well, but no one was. 

I don’t think it was lack of effort. He just looked lost because he was playing out of position in a side struggling. We need to stop messing about with him, let him learn one position and stick with it. 

• Haha 1

On 28/11/2018 at 09:18, torres said:

He's had one decent game - his debut  - after that you can see why he got shunned at his previous loan clubs 

Don't talk b0llox, he was great first two months of the season, his form had dipped along with the teams and the poisonous fans. Clearly weren't at Villa.

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think it was lack of effort. He just looked lost because he was playing out of position in a side struggling. We need to stop messing about with him, let him learn one position and stick with it. 

I do think there is a lack of effort. Happy for you to disagree but will continue to state it (even if that makes me embarrassing, disgraceful and responsible for all manner of the clubs ills).

Edited by Sonny

4 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Don't talk b0llox, he was great first two months of the season, his form had dipped along with the teams and the poisonous fans. Clearly weren't at Villa.

I was at Villa

He had a very good first half on his debut

And a solid second half

He did one run against Stoke - so the thicko's thought he'd had a storming game, when in fact he was poor in the first half and ok in the second

He was adequate at Villa - no more

He did nothing against Bristol City

He was poor against WBA

He was shocking against Boro

And Tuesday night he might as well have been sat at home 

The fact that he played so well on his debut has blinded most peoples views it seems 

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It was a total lack of effort and desire.

I can stomach bad games but his attitude was way off mark Tuesday night. 

5 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

His debut mate was at Sunderland

Adequate at Villa - ok so that's why other clubs then expressed interest in him cos he was adequate. That also being why he unanimously got voted September POTM

Yes he was poor against Boro as they all were and since Villa has been played in 4/5 different positions.

I apologise i meant Millwall for his home Debut 

And clubs expressed interest after Villa ha ha ha ha ha says who??? Twitter???