Serious question to the "Jos in" brigade

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

How do you know they are dictating to him.

He’s leaving them out for fun ? 

Its clear they don’t fit his model. These senior pro’s had a nice comfortable existence under Carlos. Jos isn’t having that. 

You don’t think senior players have a significant influence at any football club? 

Its obvious that that he is stamping his authority. Been plenty of rumours about fallouts. Maybe they are all made up. 

The sooner fans fans can look beyond the end of their noses the better. 

Jos has a collection of ageing crocks and is looking beyond the next game or month. 

It’s one hell of a rebuilding job which is going to take time.

Hutch, Westwood, Jones, Boyd and Co are part of our past not our future. The sooner fans recognise that the better. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Close.

Instructed to do so, and as DC's puppet, he's happy to do so.

He was unemployed before remember.

Just my uninformed opinion of course.

Yep. Just like your uninformed, negative opinion about appearance bonuses last season.

Stay true to yourself though, because one day the manager will get the sack & you will be right. Congratulations.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

He's had more than enough chance to get the players at his disposal working as a proper team with a settled side and tactics which make us potent up front. As it stands now we are fire fighting every game, last night was on the boundaries of panic. 

He has to go.

What happens when we realise we just haven't got the quality or experience in 2 loanees, several youth prospects, injury prone stars and peculiar Carlos signings to select from? 

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Agree about Boyd and Jones.

Westwood is in his prime years for a keeper 

Hutch always looked steady at cb and not booked or injured as much 

Boyd was a decent player before he came here though And daft as it were so was Abdi by all accounts so where did it go wrong

Edited by trevdi9

3 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

What happens when we realise we just haven't got the quality or experience in 2 loanees, several youth prospects, injury prone stars and peculiar Carlos signings to select from? 

The quality of our squad is no less than what they have at the Lane. However as much as I hate admitting it they have a manager who gets the best out of a mediocre squad of players.

30 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Ye but look at the league table......he excludes them and we are 4 points from the drop. 

And 5 games ago we were in the play offs. 

It’s just short term thinking.

We will probably finish 12-16th. 

Its going to take a season or two to rebuild no matter who the manager is. 

39 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

If the rumours are true that that Jos is not choosing many senior players because he has fallen out with many of them.......and going by the previous fixtures and looking at the match days squads. This rumour stand up. Many of us can bare witness to seeing Fessi on the bench not being chosen in the starting 11 before he was injured. 

Question:

Would you trust a manager to bring in his own players with such a poor record of upsetting players? Heck, if Jos did bring in his own players and fell out with them.....they would be picking up a free pay cheque for 3 years (or at least until Jos left).

Why can't you be told anything? 

4 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

The quality of our squad is no less than what they have at the Lane. However as much as I hate admitting it they have a manager who gets the best out of a mediocre squad of players.

I disagree, their midfield is far superior to ours, our forwards (who are available) and defence are similar.

Our strength there or lack thereof it is the main reason we haven't gone up. Now there is only Bannan that is good enough in that position we will lose more battles there than we win. 

25 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Why do we always have to have "brigades" and "agendas"?

That's the kind of post I'd expect from someone with an agenda.

I expect the rest of your brigade will be along soon to back you up.

:duntmatter:

For me, they rank alongside 'bed wetters' and 'happy 'clappers' as the most inane clichés spouted on this forum.

30 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Close.

Instructed to do so, and as DC's puppet, he's happy to do so.

He was unemployed before remember.

Just my uninformed opinion of course.

So basically, you can type any old cobblers, put just my uninformed opinion of course at the end of it.

Does it give you a nice warm feeling?

40 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

If the rumours are true that that Jos is not choosing many senior players because he has fallen out with many of them.......and going by the previous fixtures and looking at the match days squads. This rumour stand up. Many of us can bare witness to seeing Fessi on the bench not being chosen in the starting 11 before he was injured. 

Question:

Would you trust a manager to bring in his own players with such a poor record of upsetting players? Heck, if Jos did bring in his own players and fell out with them.....they would be picking up a free pay cheque for 3 years (or at least until Jos left).

Firstly it's only a rumor.

Secondly, Hector isn't a bad choice of a player.

Thirdly, it's a rumor, not a fact. The other rumor is it's contracts. Who's to say he's upset them, and if he has they should grow some. Maybe he's not happy with how they conduct themselves, and what they failed to achieve?

Finally, we could speculate forever and nothing will be solved. He has more information than we do, and there are some things we're not entitled to know. Medical conditions, family issues, contract issues etc.

What I'm sure of, Jos thinks the players who are getting a start are going to dig us out of this financial mess, and they others aren't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CF83OWL said:

Question:

They are not playing because they are injured or not good enough. A serious question to you how did Hutchinson, Abdi, Westwood, Boyd and Jones play in their last games for us? 

They were poor and attracted lots of negative comments for performances. We know that several players have persistent injuries if they train one day and say next sorry can not play because of aches and pains in back shoulders knees what would you do? 

The big question is do we have scouting in place identifying appropriate players and will the advisor be poking his nose in as he ahs resulted in a lot of the tripe we currently have along with CC.

JL player judgement is difficult to assess as not had much chance to show us. I was surprised he did not raid German market. With him choosing Dutch assistants and a player from Dutch league it indicates to me he is more in touch with Dutch football contacts than German. If this is the situation it shows his period out of game mean he lost touch with German football. As Dutch league is poor it suggests he will be trying to bring in GB based players, He does notice players this can be seen in his summaries often mentions opponents players by name.

Real problem is how much money will be available to strengthen team I suspect not a great deal so anyone would have difficulty recruiting players.