The City Is Theirs

Guest Hillsborough Mole

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Yep - can't believe people are actually celebrating how far we've dropped behind them

I don't think I've seen celebrating - I've seen grateful relief   

I have finally jumped off the fence about Jos It's not working but I saw someone say they wanted to get beat last night to get rid of Jos that's treason in my book

I was dreading a complete humiliation  it didn't happen due to Dawson saving that penalty,  it gave inspiration to fight for pride.  I'm fairly certain if that goes in we would've collapsed. BUT they couldn't  put us away and for that I'm very pleased

Whilst I am pleased to have escaped  and praise should be given for that    Surely we and that includes even the most rabid club defenders have to realise that things have to change

There isn't a club anywhere that wouldn't have suffered with the amount of injuries and subsequent loss of talent we've had for 2 seasons now

but Jos' style of play is irritating and not suited to what we have available and it seems he has further limited what we have available

In short whilst I appreciate he's had an impossible job hampered by the ramifications of a bizarre transfer policy from above he doesn't fit with what I want as a manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

6 years in the wilderness while we were streets ahead, playing in Play Off semis and finals, signing players we had dreamed about

Now Jos has us going away to their place - with 13 league places separating us - playing 6 defenders and going for a 0-0 with just 25% possession

How we have fallen behind United.

Jos Luhukays and Dejphon Chansiris Sheffield Wednesday. Makes you proud

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol I have no words to answer the fred title except one. FECKIN NEVER !!!!!! lol lol 

FFP
FFS

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I have finally jumped off the fence about Jos It's not working but I saw someone say they wanted to get beat last night to get rid of Jos that's treason in my book

I was dreading a complete humiliation  it didn't happen due to Dawson saving that penalty,  it gave inspiration to fight for pride.  I'm fairly certain if that goes in we would've collapsed. BUT they couldn't  put us away and for that I'm very pleased

Whilst I am pleased to have escaped  and praise should be given for that    Surely we and that includes even the most rabid club defenders have to realise that things have to change

There isn't a club anywhere that wouldn't have suffered with the amount of injuries and subsequent loss of talent we've had for 2 seasons now

but Jos' style of play is irritating and not suited to what we have available and it seems he has further limited what we have available

In short whilst I appreciate he's had an impossible job hampered by the ramifications of a bizarre transfer policy from above he doesn't fit with what I want as a manager

This. 

Last night's efforts do not change my views on Jos and the club - things have to change. 

But, I'll take the point, and hope to Christ that something changes before too long. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat

The city will NEVER be theirs. Get a grip. They are a bit better than us that's all. Next season we will. E better than them. At the end of the day there were 2 poor teams out there last night. This city will always be more blue than red.

No it isnt and it never will be.

Remember they were only created so that Bramall Lane had regular usage after we moved to Olive Grove. They use our old ground, they use our old nickname. They are like the snotty nosed little brother that wears your tatty old hand me downs with a massive inferiority complex.

We have been in existence longer, won more trophies, get bigger support, played in Europe, have a bigger ground, have never been in the 4th Division. They are coming up to the 100th anniversary of not having put a single major prize in their trophy cabinet. How can this city be theirs?

Wilder is doing a cracking job at the moment with his collection of league 1 players and has pulled together a competitive championship team at a fraction of the cost of our collection of expensive crocks, so they are clearly in the ascendancy. However things can change round rapidly in football..........form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, billyblack said:

At this moment in time their club is better run than ours and deserves to be where it is. Simple as that.

Yes but they aren't as well run or as good as people on here seem to think. In the last 5 games we have only taken 1 point - they have only taken 5. And McCabe and the plastic prince are having a power struggle. Personally I think the biggest difference is they have a good manager. 

7 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

The city will NEVER be theirs. Get a grip. They are a bit better than us that's all. Next season we will. E better than them. At the end of the day there were 2 poor teams out there last night. This city will always be more blue than red.

Next season we will probably be worse than this depending on who we sell. 

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Yes but they aren't as well run or as good as people on here seem to think. In the last 5 games we have only taken 1 point - they have only taken 5. And McCabe and the plastic prince are having a power struggle. Personally I think the biggest difference is they have a good manager. 

Cough cough.

Ok then

I am gutted

I'm gutted that so called fans like yourself are actually letting this idiot off the hook week after week after week...

You don't care about the future of our club, nor Big D. You just care about silly point scoring on Owlstalk.

Our clubs going down the bottom - and being taken there by 2 people who are both as stubborn as each other - and all you guys want to do is take the wee wee out of people who not only point it out - but get really annoyed about it. I'm really annoyed about it.

I was there. Were you? Or Big D? If you were I'd like to think you were as embarrassed at the gutless performance as everybody I was stood with.

In my opinion it certainly wasn’t ‘gutless’. Tactically negative but certainly not gutless.

Take Dawson for instance.

Young keeper, publicly criticised recently, fans chanting for Westwood to replace him during the last match.

He’s live on Sky, awful weather conditions for a keeper, added pressure of it being a Sheffield derby etc Lesser men would crumble taking into account all that.

What does he do? Steps up to the plate, saves a penalty,doesn’t concede, immaculate handling of the ball, good kicking. Man of the match.

Gutless? Yeah right.

• Thanks 1

They are better run than us at the moment. Eg they always had the plan to sell Brooks and get money to fund investment in the team.

We are not capable of planning anything like that at the moment.

However what happens on the pitch can cover a lot of problems off it. In my mind Jos has made too many mistakes in organisation and selection. We could be doing a lot better.

I am gutted

I'm gutted that so called fans like yourself are actually letting this idiot off the hook week after week after week...

You don't care about the future of our club, nor Big D. You just care about silly point scoring on Owlstalk.

Our clubs going down the bottom - and being taken there by 2 people who are both as stubborn as each other - and all you guys want to do is take the wee wee out of people who not only point it out - but get really annoyed about it. I'm really annoyed about it.

I was there. Were you? Or Big D? If you were I'd like to think you were as embarrassed at the gutless performance as everybody I was stood with.

Whatever last night’s performance was it wasn’t gutless.

6 years in the wilderness while we were streets ahead, playing in Play Off semis and finals, signing players we had dreamed about

Now Jos has us going away to their place - with 13 league places separating us - playing 6 defenders and going for a 0-0 with just 25% possession

How we have fallen behind United.

Jos Luhukays and Dejphon Chansiris Sheffield Wednesday. Makes you proud

Between 1994 and 2000 we spent all that time in the PL while they scratched around in this division. As soon as we got relegated they were in the ascendancy despite all the time we spent above them - that was a bigger disappointment in my view as the foundations we set for us to be a top half top flight club.

Nowadays football goes in cycles due to the financial rules at this level. You get 2 or 3 seasons to get it right if you are having a proper go and if it doesn't work then it will probably be the same amount of time compensating and restructuring. We got very close and had a genuine chance to get the job done, This comes as no surprise to me and has happened to a fair few other clubs at this level. 

The bigger disappointment comes from having a bunch of players that are proven but we can't or won't use. We should know why this is the case, if it purely for financial reasons then the club should hold their hands up and admit their mistakes - it is well known that DC has been reluctant to sell players in the past but their is no point holding onto expensive players if they are not available for selection. 

If it is due to the managers choice then this just adds to his list of poor choices which is holding us back, he may have been dealt a poor hand in comparison to the previous manager but he came into Hillsborough with his eyes open and we have gone backwards in his 10 months in charge.

Guest Bulgaria
33 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Spot on.

I am gutted

People do have a right to have a different opinion to you. I am of the same opinion regarding the manager, he has raised more questions than provided answers in his 10 months with us.

However, there's no need to raise point-scoring as a motive for people who offer a different opinion, especially when you subtly try to take the higher ground by pointing out you were one of the few that we able to get a ticket last night - you have highlighted various excuses for not going recently so don't come giving it the big un on that front.  

49 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Yeh really,not my fault that melts like you think because "if,maybe,perhaps" had happened "we'd" have done "a" thru to "c",they couldn't hit the cows @ss with all their banjo's last night fella,thats them being cack,not us being lucky.

75% of play fella let that sink in 75% and I don’t give a flying about them I’m talking about us as a team fckng going backwards creating nothing .

also do me a favour try to discuss the posts without calling people Melts it’s what people do with little d1cks do hiding behind a keyboard ...

23 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

True, their well run club took 6 seasons to get out of division 3 with the biggest budget under their current regime so heaping praise on them now is a bit much. Imagine if it had taken us that long. 

They finished a creditable 10th last season but were top for a while and in contention at Christmas but their board failed to back a promotion push. They have strengthened this season in terms of acquiring Norwood but up front they lack top quality at this level and added a free-transfer experienced but aging striker to address this rather than making a big move. Their owner takes pride in how 'well-run' they are but if they were so well run surely they would invest what they have to build on their position. 

Wilder maybe a typical bitter blunt when it comes to having a chip on his shoulder about Utd's older, bigger, better brother but there is no denying he is getting far more from his team than the sum of their individual parts.

Their success at the moment is largely down to astute tactical management - they have a clearly defined of playing with a team that rarely changes more than 1 or 2 players who slot into pre-defined roles. 

In contrast nearly a year into the job, our manager does not have a set way of playing, a best 11 and cannot combine defensive solidity with attacking threat.