The City Is Theirs

Guest Hillsborough Mole

This myth of Wilder's taken mediocre league 1 players and turned them into blah blah blah - let's take a look:

Duffy - signed from Birmingham - Championship

McGoldrick - signed from Ipswich - Championship

Jack O'Connell - signed from Brentford - Championship

Sharp - signed from Leeds - Championship

Coutts - signed from Derby - Championship

Freeman - signed from Derby - Championship

Stearman - signed from Fulham - Championship

Norwood - signed from Brighton - PL

Henderson - on loan from Man U - PL

yes, there are some lower league - Portsmouth/MK Dons players also, but let's not kid ourselves they have skrimped together some cast offs.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I would never say the ‘City is their’s and they will always be in our shadow. However, we are not going anywhere with Chansiri and Jos. I’ve no confidence in either. One has mismanaged the Club on a huge scale and the other has no plan or vision for the team. No preferred system, style of play, footballing philosophy. We are a total mish mash and I’m genuinely concerned at the moment.

There by the grace of God and all that. If Poundland wins the court case I could see them going down the same Chansiri  route as us 

10 minutes ago, shireowl said:

75% of play fella let that sink in 75% and I don’t give a flying about them I’m talking about us as a team fckng going backwards creating nothing .

also do me a favour try to discuss the posts without calling people Melts it’s what people do with little d1cks do hiding behind a keyboard ...

How did ya know i have a little hampton,you aint my brother are ya ?

Don't care what posession stats you qoute,they did naff all with it,we were gash fella,there's no denying it or hiding from it,but dem blavdes and a few on here were expecting a hammering,yeh they hammered us with posession,still got a point from it,think its really,really funny.

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

This myth of Wilder's taken mediocre league 1 players and turned them into blah blah blah - let's take a look:

yes, there are some lower league - Portsmouth/MK Dons players also, but let's not kid ourselves they have skrimped together some cast offs.

Forgot Eagan - signed from Brentford - Championship (£4m) - lower league my arse

10 minutes ago, Animis said:

They dont like facts

8 minutes ago, Animis said:

Don't think anyone is suggesting that anymore. They are solid Championship players you have listed but other than Norwood most of them are run of the mill that you wouldn't expect to find a side with a chance of promotion. They are successful because they are comfortable and confident in the consistent message they get from training and playing a specific approach.

Under our current manager we have the polar opposite of this.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think anyone is suggesting that anymore. They are solid Championship players you have listed but other than Norwood most of them are run of the mill that you wouldn't expect to find a side with a chance of promotion. They are successful because they are comfortable and confident in the consistent message they get from training and playing a specific approach.

Under our current manager we have the polar opposite of this.

Many are though - even in this thread.

I agree with you that it's the type of player and how they are merged into a successful and comfortable system - they have a good balance, but to me lack the 'flair' element up front.

It's been said before that Wilder has resisted at best; refused at worst to buy foreign players - presumably because of their temperment? Wilder does appear to be someone who likes it 'his way'. I think they may need someone of flair to push on - is there a british player around to do this.

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

Many are though - even in this thread.

I agree with you that it's the type of player and how they are merged into a successful and comfortable system - they have a good balance, but to me lack the 'flair' element up front.

It's been said before that Wilder has resisted at best; refused at worst to buy foreign players - presumably because of their temperment? Wilder does appear to be someone who likes it 'his way'. I think they may need someone of flair to push on - is there a british player around to do this.

Completely agree that they are short of top quality up top as I said previously. They were linked with big money moves for Hogan and Waghorn among others in the summer and ended up with just a free transfer - the well run club not investing to build on what they have. 

If roles were reversed and Jos had Ut'd squad from last night and Wilder had ours I very much doubt that the game would have followed the same pattern in reverse. Jos has not managed to settle on a set team or style of play that suits what he has in almost a year in charge. Not good enough.

3 hours ago, doubleo said:

You are disappointed in us getting a point away from home, in a hostile environment, against the second placed team ?

The difference is

WE KNOW WE CAN DO BETTER

THEY DID THEIR BEST AND IT STILL WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT US.

And they had a full and fit squad. We havent had that luxury for over a year a fact that quite a few on here have failed to recognise.