Can Anyone think of Any?

Just now, torres said:

Just seen this on twitter and I can’t think of anyone who has been rubbish at us and excelled elsewhere 

Not sure what you saw on Twitter, but I’ll have a guess......

Darko Kovacevic, Ian Taylor, 

Our treatment of Dawson is a disgrace. Give over.

Nobody is booing Dawson or giving him a hard time. The target of the booing is at Jos and the demand that we have our best keeper in net. 

I know it's probably hard for Dawson but he simply has to realise that it's not directed at him. 

Spurr has had decent career, he was one of our own boo’d away that if nurtured would have done a job. Beavers in same light towards the end but to lesser degree. 

In more recent times, Antonio got abuse both from fans and manager, didn’t he get dropped for being considered not intelligent on the pitch? 

Don’t think many fans thought Benek Afobe would amount to much, not same thing I guess as he was a loaner that we could have had for next to nothing. 

Other than that cant really think of many that needed more support / love to keep them here. 

Just now, torres said:

Take out the loans

So Morrison & Maghoma have excelled??  

Maghoma certainly played at higher level than most of his critics had predicted; that ranged from league one to Sunday league if I’m not mistaken. 

Similar to the thoughts about many many of the current crop that no doubt easily walk into another championship squad and do well in other circumstances. 

9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maghoma certainly played at higher level than most of his critics had predicted; that ranged from league one to Sunday league if I’m not mistaken. 

Similar to the thoughts about many many of the current crop that no doubt easily walk into another championship squad and do well in other circumstances. 

Getting another club is some way off from excelling once they left us though.

There hasn't been anyone who has been anyone who has played poorly constantly for us and gone on to excel  - yet that character from twitter seems to have lost count!

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Getting another club is some way off from excelling once they left us though.

There hasn't been anyone who has been anyone who has played poorly constantly for us and gone on to excel  - yet that character from twitter seems to have lost count!

I think playing above expected level is excelling. But I certainly take your point they are few and far between. 

I do though think we should show more support support to our own; Dawson, Wildsmith, Palmer etc etc etc. Players that come through youth set up often on lesser contracts and all too often get singled out for the abuse when things go wrong. They need more support not less and despite the WAWAW rhetoric young owls supporting players are all to easily cast aside after a bad game or mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think playing above expected level is excelling. But I certainly take your point they are few and far between. 

I do though think we should show more support support to our own; Dawson, Wildsmith, Palmer etc etc etc. Players that come through youth set up often on lesser contracts and all too often get singled out for the abuse when things go wrong. They need more support not less and despite the WAWAW rhetoric young owls supporting players are all to easily cast aside after a bad game or mistake. 

I think all our players get supported well, i honestly do. (at the match at least). When you think of some of the dross we've seen, you only have to be able to run and pass in a straight line to get applauded.

The westwood/hutchinson chants, while ball achingly cringeworthy, were aimed at the powers that be (i presume) rather than Dawson or whoever.