So Jos has now nailed his colours to the mast.

15 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

We will win today and keep a clean sheet, we always beat Norwich, that's football for you.

We really need to. A defeat today, and again on Friday, and I imagine there will be no way back for Jos. We have an ambitious  owner, and 5 defeats in a row would be totally unacceptable with this squad

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Rarely I agree with DJ Mortimer but this time I certainly do.

its like we are leaving messi and neymar in the reserves as per many of these nonsense posts.

Boyd FFS! He hasn’t had one good game for us and people are saying get him in the squad? jones has the pace and touch of a corpse and I wouldn’t pick him for the dog and duck reserves never mind the first team.

we spent so long saying we have an old ,slow squad. We went through months of not even creating a chance to score with these losers in the team. Now we have one sticky run after being 6th and everyone is dying to go back to the old people’s home, wipe the soup off the chin of these old crocks and give them a shirt

jos is 100 percent right to drop these players and get on with rebuilding the team.

Jos does not appear to be getting the best out of what he has got. That's the crux. Contrast that with the other side of the city and you see how big a fail it is. Epic

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

It costs all managers their job in the end.

3 defeats on the spin isn't good.

Couple of wins though and we're back up there.

Don't think anyone genuinly expected anything more than mid table really this season.

It is all about results. That's the nature of the game. Comfortable mid table, with an eye to the future, blood youngsters, hovering above the bottom three, confidence drains away and where to turn next?

14 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

He's under orders from chairman whatever. 

JL doesn't pick the team. If he does then he's incompetent. The person who picks the team doesn't have a clue about football. That's the owner in a nutshell 

Theres no other team in all four leagues who pay over £10m a year for Premier league players not to play.

Wednesday are run by a ruthless dictator who has an agenda at Wednesday that has nothing to do with football. 

I pretty much agree ,short and long term chansiri has done a  lot of damage , the 1st one is to alienate the support ,our crowds are dropping badly and a lot might never come back ,if you look at our support we have probably a higher percentage of over 40`s watching us than most clubs, partly down to our decline over the last 20 years and due to chansiri charging structure what`s killing us and getting us a bad name . then he has invested a huge amount of money which 80% has been totally wasted and this is going to set the club back big time ,it could be as short as 1-2 years but if we go down this or next season we could be set back for years as the pub league aint that easy to get out of 

12 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Jos does not appear to be getting the best out of what he has got. That's the crux. Contrast that with the other side of the city and you see how big a fail it is. Epic

Or give credit to Wilder for overperforming 3rd division jounrneymen and some shrewd relativly cheap signings.

Perhaps if we hadn't spaffed vast amounts and wasted huge sums of money on contracts and wages and has taken a similar approach Jos wouldn't now be having to be the fall guy as he tries to complete the clean up operation.

Also seem to remember Wilder getting some stick early doors into his reign before he was allowed to put his own stamp on the team...

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Or give credit to Wilder for overperforming 3rd division jounrneymen and some shrewd relativly cheap signings.

Perhaps if we hadn't spaffed vast amounts and wasted huge sums of money on contracts and wages and has taken a similar approach Jos wouldn't now be having to be the fall guy as he tries to complete the clean up operation.

Also seem to remember Wilder getting some stick early doors into his reign before he was allowed to put his own stamp on the team...

To be fair, it didn’t take him long. As you say, he’s crafted a good footballing side from a bunch of third tier journeymen, and a few shrewd buys. The difference is mainly down to the two manager’s coaching abilities

14 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Contrast that with the other side of the city and you see how big a fail it is. Epic

I don't think the situations are comparable, though.

It pains me to say it, but the Blunts have gone about things the right way. They've been patient and built their team in a sustainable manner. They know where the team needs strengthening and have done something about it, recruiting shrewdly, signing players who are good value and who fit into their style of playing. We, on the other hand, threw a lot of money at signing all sorts of players, seemingly on a whim. Yes, you could argue that lot have outperformed with what they've got, but that's a lot easier to do when you've systematically built a team and your recruitment policy pays due regard to how individual players fit into that team. We are simply not in that position, which is why we've got to stop obsessing over the exclusion of certain players, have a massive clear out, and start again.

That's not something which is going to happen over the course of a few games BTW...........

• Thanks 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

The difference is mainly down to the two manager’s coaching abilities

Thats not the only difference to be fair is it.

One has been in the job nearly 3 years and one has been in his job since January.

One has been allowed the time to ditch 36 players out and bring 36 of his own targets in.

The other has lost 8 players and been able to bring just  1 player in.

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I don't think the situations are comparable, though.

It pains me to say it, but the Blunts have gone about things the right way. They've been patient and built their team in a sustainable manner. They know where the team needs strengthening and have done something about it, recruiting shrewdly, signing players who are good value and who fit into their style of playing. We, on the other hand, threw a lot of money at signing all sorts of players, seemingly on a whim. Yes, you could argue that lot have outperformed with what they've got, but that's a lot easier to do when you've systematically built a team and your recruitment policy pays due regard to how individual players fit into that team. We are simply not in that position, which is why we've got to stop obsessing over the exclusion of certain players, have a massive clear out, and start again.

That's not something which is going to happen over the course of a few games BTW...........

That’s only partly true, in so much as, the way they’ve done it, hasn’t put them in a financial predicament. Ignoring the money side of things, we should still be able to fashion a successful side out of the existing squad

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thats not the only difference to be fair is it.

One has been in the job nearly 3 years and one has been in his job since January.

One has been allowed the time to ditch 36 players out and bring 36 of his own targets in.

The other has lost 8 players and been able to bring just  1 player in.

Wilder was proactive in getting players out though. He trimmed his squad almost immediately, and sent out on loan, most of the development squad. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Wilder was proactive in getting players out though. He trimmed his squad almost immediately, and sent out on loan, most of the development squad. 

Unfortunately Wilder also seems to have his players fired up and willing to run through brick walls for him. Jos imo hasn’t been able to achieve that. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Proactive?

It's easy to give Woolford to Fleetwood for ten bob and a packet of toffos.

I'd like to see him off load a coachfull of over 30 cripples on vast Premier League wages so easily.

22 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Unfortunately I don't think Jos can count, or knows what's going on.

Bizarre statement of a man on his way out it seems.

Shame, as I still lay the blame for this clusterfook at the Chairmans door.

You were blaming Carlos this time last year.

21 hours ago, poite said:

You've misunderstood.

I'm saying we need a different manager who will play our best players. 

If it means a few more losses (to convince chansiri to get shut of Jos) then it would be a short term acceptance so we can get someone else who can do better for our long term future. 

I don't disagree with playing our younger players rather than the older players. Long term yes that might be better.

But for me it all comes back to the basic 'this season is up or bust' statement we received from the chairman. If that's the case then this season our long term future is absolutely dependant on the outcome of this season. So therefore we need our best players on that pitch now regardless whether they are in or out at the end of it

Wanting your own team to lose so the manager gets sacked.

Pretty sad that.

20 hours ago, Philb125 said:

My original response that you quoted was to question if your lefe depends on it.... 

Have a peek at the stats for keepers in the league. Dawson’s up there with best in terms of most stats. Unfortunately we invite a huge amount of shots / chances against us though. 

In comparison, 12 months ago Westwood wasn’t doing much better, despite playing behind a better defence and a team conceding fewer shots. A lot changes in 18 months, especially if you’re a player held together by sticky tape. 

I fear Westwood will never be the player of two years or so ago. 

i also fear westwood is past his best, perhaps he is not as good a dawson and wildsmith,

BUT IF he leaves, and proves to be STILL a very capable keeper, then mr silent movie man, no attackers at millwall, shocking squad exclusions, and substitutions whilst stood on the side like a lemon, won't look very good will he, and it will clearly undermine him further. 

wouldn't it have been better for the fanbase to see westwood isn't up to 'the mark' for themselves, it's hardly like jos (a man whose side cannot secure a clean sheet in a quarter of a season) would be breaking up a 'successful' unit to give him a game, or IF he's up short, part of a game.

14 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i also fear westwood is past his best, perhaps he is not as good a dawson and wildsmith,

BUT IF he leaves, and proves to be STILL a very capable keeper, then mr silent movie man, no attackers at millwall, shocking squad exclusions, and substitutions whilst stood on the side like a lemon, won't look very good will he, and it will clearly undermine him further. 

wouldn't it have been better for the fanbase to see westwood isn't up to 'the mark' for themselves, it's hardly like jos (a man whose side cannot secure a clean sheet in a quarter of a season) would be breaking up a 'successful' unit to give him a game, or IF he's up short, part of a game.

Oh I agree, but people said similar when Mcgugan was excluded and he didn’t do much after leaving did he? 

I fear, Westwood will go along same route. Handful of games at a new club before breaking down or a back up player for another club. I don’t know what’s gone on behind scenes and I wish him well as he was a great servant for us, but I don’t believe he is the answer to our issues. 

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Wanting your own team to lose so the manager gets sacked.

Pretty sad that.

At times like these (and let's face it, they happen frequently, hence my assertion that some are essentially addicted to it) we are told that no one wants the team to lose. Yet that is simply not true. Many times I've seen weirdos hope very specifically for just that. Such is their compulsion for change, it can sometimes take priority over the club's success. That is the reality of what you're battling against when trying to argue on the side of patience, perspective and common sense.