How Long Before

.....there is an announcement from the Chairman telling us he’s blown millions of his own cash on SWFC and we should be grateful.

.....there is another fans’ forum, and we’re told to stop moaning

.....he sells up because he’s had enough and realised you don’t just turn up, spaff cash, then get on the bus to the Premier League, it’s not that simple?

Another fun ‘how long’ sweepstake: how long would our defence - and Lees, I’m looking directly at you here - back off an attacking opponent on an infinitely long pitch, in theory? I reckon about six and a half miles before a tackle came in.

A lot of what’s happening now is not the chairman’s fault. Or even the manager’s. I’m 100% certain refusing to physically stop attacks is not a defensive tactic being taught at Middlewood.

20 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

.....there is an announcement from the Chairman telling us he’s blown millions of his own cash on SWFC and we should be grateful.

.....he sells up because he’s had enough and realised you don’t just turn up, spaff cash, then get on the bus to the Premier League, it’s not that simple?

It's coming, the line will be that fans haven't kept their side of the bargain. That's where it will end and it won't be pretty.

Still all words and no action from the forums and I'm not sure that even the most patient fan will buy it again. 

• Like 1

it would be nice to know what the plan is - just other than steady as it goes.

If we are lucky enough to stay up this season, we will need a proper hard tvvat to re-build this club. 

This is 1977, 1983, 1989 all over again.

35 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Who would buy us?

The salvation may well come when season tickets finally dwindle.

When that day arrives, income will be linked to fans' satisfaction, and so the crowd will have greater influence on decision making.

Last season was a good example.

If you lose two play-offs you're done, because the players lose faith in you.

Chansiri may as well have sacked Carlos after the penalty shoot-out.

Chansiri retained Carlos and dug his heels in, but he could afford to do so because he'd already pocketed the revenue from 20 000 season tickets.

Had we sold, say, 15 000, crowds would have dwindled and Carlos may well have been gone by October.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Not soon enough sadly.

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

True,but he don't help himself either with employing unknowns who's won Jack fk in their careers. 

That’s what I mean. 

Who on earth is advising him on these appointments? We’re a well known club in the championship but went for 2 absolute unknowns, it’s bizarre 

Any new owner will inherit the same situation as DC. 

Money in the bank but unable to actually spend it.

Best way of business is to fix our finances in January, sell some of our assets, try and bring in a couple more loans and look towards next season. 

DC said if we didn't go up we were screwed. I think he needs to accept we need to sell some players. Reach is having one of his best seasons and we'd be mad not to cash in on that. Add Westwood and FF to that, and we should quite easily be able to balance the books

He has to explain what he wants to achieve - just saying 'keep paying top dollar and shut up' ain't a sustainable plan.

Jos always looked like a 2018 salvage plan - he's washed up in my eyes and is near the end. What next - we're still a big club in this league and deserve more IMO.

11 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

DC isnt short of cash.

He just cant spend it like he wants too.

People need to stop having a meltdown. 

And you'd trust him to spend it wisely?

The man is out of his depth, the biggest concern is that he himself refuses to see it.

• Thanks 1