Fernando Forestieri - Interesting Stats from Dale Johnson

Can't deny that our shape is better when FF isn't in the starting 11, or has been under Carlos' time with us at least. I suspect that has something to do with the stats. I think Jos has shown much more willing to try different formations and find ways to build our play so hopefully we can sort it out.

As a team we looked better with him on the left in Carlos' earlier seasons but I reckon that if he could learn to love that space behind the strikers instead of playing on the shoulder all the time I think he Fernando could be international class.

1 hour ago, GY-owl.4 said:

tbf jos does start him

played him at start of season, we was vvaank so he got dropped and results picked up.

after his ban he started 2 on the bounce and although he didnt start the last game, that was more to do with the tactics jos employed, and the fact that it was somink like his/our 3rd game in 8 days.

after a lay off for the ban then 2 quick games it was sensible to bench him at brizzle i thought.

will be rotated like most of them are, but i reckon he will start more (games) than he doesnt,

51 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

About as vvank as your post; FF started the season well; scoring.

He was far from the worst player in a poor defeat against Brentford & was singled out, & hung out to dry by Jos.

At 85 mins 2 nil  up against WBA,  we concede 2 & Jos chooses to highlight an FF miss at 2 nil.

You don't need a degree in Psychology to see what Jos is doing. But if it's gets us promoted; fair play.

You think my post is crap... im happy with that, i must be on the right lines then.

kinell.. right youve had an hour to calm down, have you finished crying yet?

WE was vvaank. thats reality. FF got dropped for it (by Jos not me) thats reality. get over it.

what are you banging on about the WBA game for? where is the relevance to my post?

have you picked your dummy up?

do you want a tissue?

grow up ya baby ffs

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Pretty sure he used to come off the bench for Watford when spanking us 

He's pretty much been that throughout his career 

Good player however 

But could be miles more devastating to the opposition.

Weve got to be happy that he's happy and comfortable with Jos''s Management of our team?

It speaks volumes of his desire for us to progress in this division 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

20 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

You think my post is crap... im happy with that, i must be on the right lines then.

kinell.. right youve had an hour to calm down, have you finished crying yet?

WE was vvaank. thats reality. FF got dropped for it (by Jos not me) thats reality. get over it.

what are you banging on about the WBA game for? where is the relevance to my post?

have you picked your dummy up?

do you want a tissue?

grow up ya baby ffs

Ignored you insults; but we agree on one thing SWFC were vvank against Brentford, & FF was scapegoared & dropped.

2 nil up 85 mins v WBA, FF off the pitch. Barnes walks through 4 SWFC players to score & Jos puts a massive emphasis on an earlier FF miss. I thought this was disgraceful by Jos.

What are your thoughts on this? Did you hear the interview?

Edited by zzmdu

7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Ignored you insults; but we agree on one thing SWFC were vvank against Brentford, & FF was scapegoared & dropped.

2 nil up 85 mins v WBA, FF off the pitch. Barnes walks through 4 SWFC players to score & Jos puts a massive emphasis on an earlier FF miss. I thought this was disgraceful by Jos.

It's good you're getting so upset on Nandos behalf, because he seems pretty chilled about the situation...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-100-per-cent-fernando-forestieri-would-love-more-owls-starts-1-9389870/amp

What's the big deal?

Pretty clear Jos is trying to cajole something extra out of Nando. Apparent he rates him highly like we all do.

Bit of tough love might just be what he needs. I think he's played really well in his recent appearances. 

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Yes i heard the I/V. 

never before have i read anything into it, but now you mention it... er no i still dont read owt into it.

well, maybe that Jos doesnt like losing and straight after the match that had a bad sting to it, maybe jos' dummy had fell out too. Some, like Warnock Wlder etc throw their players under a bus after a defeat, Jos hardly did that did he?

i prefer to read into the bigger picture, and like i put in my vvaank post, i think Jos does pick him more often than not, brought him straight back in after the ban. you see it as dropping him for brizzle, i reckon 3 starts in 8 days after a long lay-off would have been too much,

i also think hes fair to all the players (that he has picked for his playing squad) but that he can knock all of the same players down a peg or two if needs be.

basically how a proper boss should be. FF will start v Boro.

Pretty sure Jos would have singled out one of the other strikers had they missed a relatively easy chance against West Brom. Don't think there was anything untoward about it. Before Leeds and West Brom he was full of praise for how Nando had been training. 

He clearly has no favs and wants the likes of Nando, Joao to perform consistently at their best. I really can't see why anyone would get so upset about that.

As when these stats were posted on here last week the stats are meaningless.

Take no account of quality of opposition, take no account of our tactics or managers decisions nor how other players perform.

Trying to even suggest the defeat at Wigan was in any way anything to do with FF starting is tripe.

Stats are normally put up as meaningful by people who don’t go to games .

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Stats prove nothing in isolation. The ‘stats’ show that Dawson is the best keeper in the Championship.  Without trying to get into another discussion on this, it’s fair to say that he’s not even the best keeper at Wednesday let alone in the Championship!

7 hours ago, Almat said:

Remarkable stats when he comes off the bench! Up to Jos how he sees this, of course, but by god if I was a defender for the opposites i wouldn't exactly relish FF coming on with 25 mins to go......WTF:

Add in his games played last year too:-

FF starting W3. L4. D4 

Preston L

QPR L

Hull W

Wolves D

Norwich W 

Reading W

————

Hull D

Wigan L

Brentford L

Leeds D

WBA D

FF sub W7. L1

Fulham W

Preston W

Sunderland W

Fulham L

————

Bristol C W

Reading W

Millwall W

Ipswich W

Its hard to argue that right now Jos hasn’t got it right when he uses him as a sub. You would have to argue that we would have done better than W7 L1 starting him instead.

Still think though that Jos might find a system that really suits FF. As I said earlier, if he can find systems that suit lesser players he can find one which suits such a quality player as FF.

I think for FF to start regularly, Jos needs to fall back in love with a front 3, or a 442 where FF can go back to LW.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Forstieri is my favourite player, our most exciting player and a player I always like to see starting games

I am excited to see what Jos can get out of him this season

It`s your site Neil and you can generate traffic how you see fit , and equally you perfectly entitled to your opinion on players but i think you are being a bit disingenuous here mate.

If the threads and posts you have made about FF this season are anything to go by then i dont think he is a player you really like, and once again that`s fine.

The impression you give is of being a big Athde fan but FF ?.........mmm not so much , now is this for real or are you just playing devils advocate ? , only one person knows , but if the above IS true then i have just one question , why , after the Leeds game did you agree with a post by owlerton ghost that FF was "all at sea" was "not a team player" and most unbelievably "had no skill" ?