Fernando Forestieri - Interesting Stats from Dale Johnson

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is from Dale Johnson (ESPN) who's took a look at FF's stats so far

can we take anything meaningful from these or are there just too many variables?

Dale is wrong

Starts LDLDD

Wigan L

Hull D

Brentford L

Leeds D

WBA D

Off Bench WWWW

Millwall W

Ipswich W

Reading W

Bristol W

Didnt Feature DLW

Stoke D

Forest L

Villa W

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All I've done is taken Dale Johnson's tweet and posted it for debate mate

Thats right and all he is doing is debating. Whats the problem. We are getting a little ratty of late arn't we. I know its your site but stop spitting yer dummy out. 

30 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

We probably tend to start Fernando in the harder games

26 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Pretty daft set of 'stats' given the teams he has started against

NO. If you look at the games its a fairly even mix.

Villa away without him at all = similar difficulty to say Leeds at home where he started

Millwall at home without him = Hull at home with him

Bristol C away with him as sub = Reading away without him

Its not a precise science but you cant argue he only starts in the hard games.

Facts are facts. we have been a better team this season (and last) when he was sub. You have to go back early 16/17 to find a spell where we did better with FF starting. You might not like it, but its true.

He is a fabulous player, but like Watford, Jos is struggling to find his best slot. If we look at what Jos has done with less able players such as Matias, Nuhiu and Joao, we can be highly optimistic that Jos will find a system that gets the best out of FF. BUT, we are Sheffield Wednesday, not Sheffield Forestieri, and we want him to find the best most effective team to get us promoted, and like it or hate it, that might be a team where FF is not a regular starter.

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is from Dale Johnson (ESPN) who's took a look at FF's stats so far

can we take anything meaningful from these or are there just too many variables?

Źzzzzzzzzzzz

The same bonkers stats thst say, Joao not starting helped us win against Bristol.

OKay couple of drinks later I’m ready to bite. This is snapshot of a short period of time, as Mark Twain would have told you. The real truth is we have only a few players who can change a game in an instance, and even the likes of Reach and Bannan fall short of his talent. Just get him on the flipping pitch I say. 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Forstieri is my favourite player, our most exciting player and a player I always like to see starting games

I am excited to see what Jos can get out of him this season

Ok apologies; I have misinterpreted all your posts/threads/+&- for the last few months.

Great we agree FF should be starting games. When he did this the most we ended in the play offs, when he did this the least we floundered.

tbf jos does start him

played him at start of season, we was vvaank so he got dropped and results picked up.

after his ban he started 2 on the bounce and although he didnt start the last game, that was more to do with the tactics jos employed, and the fact that it was somink like his/our 3rd game in 8 days.

after a lay off for the ban then 2 quick games it was sensible to bench him at brizzle i thought.

will be rotated like most of them are, but i reckon he will start more (games) than he doesnt,

14 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

tbf jos does start him

played him at start of season, we was vvaank so he got dropped and results picked up.

after his ban he started 2 on the bounce and although he didnt start the last game, that was more to do with the tactics jos employed, and the fact that it was somink like his/our 3rd game in 8 days.

after a lay off for the ban then 2 quick games it was sensible to bench him at brizzle i thought.

will be rotated like most of them are, but i reckon he will start more (games) than he doesnt,

About as vvank as your post; FF started the season well; scoring.

He was far from the worst player in a poor defeat against Brentford & was singled out, & hung out to dry by Jos.

At 85 mins 2 nil  up against WBA,  we concede 2 & Jos chooses to highlight an FF miss at 2 nil.

You don't need a degree in Psychology to see what Jos is doing. But if it's gets us promoted; fair play.

Edited by zzmdu

To be balanced, the first three matches were a complete shambles.

We were all over the place.

It certainly wasn’t Forestieri’s fault that Wigan, Brentford and Hull ripped through our defence at will.

You could have made any player that started the first three matches look bad from a statistical point of view if they’d then not started some of the subsequent matches.

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

To be balanced, the first three matches were a complete shambles.

We were all over the place.

It certainly wasn’t Forestieri’s fault that Wigan, Brentford and Hull ripped through our defence at will.

You could have made any player that started the first three matches look bad from a statistical point of view if they’d then not started some of the subsequent matches.

Unless we obviously doing terrible; it's diffcult for any remote criticism of the manager to be tolerated on OT.

But Jos description of FFs miss at 2 nil up against WBA, & how this was so vital for the points lost, was STAGGERING IMO. Very calculated. I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing.

7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Unless we obviously doing terrible; it's diffcult for any remote criticism of the manager to be tolerated on OT.

But Jos description of FFs miss at 2 nil up against WBA, & how this was so vital for the points lost, was STAGGERING IMO. Very calculated. I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Cotton buds will do the trick ..

For your hearing that is ...

However your "tunnel vision" requires more attention ..

Sometimes people do have another opinion that is to be respected not necessarily agreed with?. but respected .

You are Neg Happy and single minded, you are also a bully ..

"Snooty is Neil " 

Give over lad 

Like chalk n Cheese ......

"Pass me the Port Mi Lud".....

lol 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Cotton buds will do the trick ..

For your hearing that is ...

However your "tunnel vision" requires more attention ..

Sometimes people do have another opinion that is to be respected not necessarily agreed with?. but respected .

You are Neg Happy and single minded, you are also a bully ..

"Snooty is Neil " 

Give over lad 

Like chalk n Cheese ......

"Pass me the Port Mi Lud".....

lol 

Rather than putting things in quotation marks, that haven't  actually been said.

Why don't you comment on the post?

P.S do you know what quotation marks mean?