Dawson

11 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Dawson has a right to be reallllly pi$$ed off with the stick hes getting on social media, main reason for being pi$$ed off is that his performances in the main this season, have been nowt short of excellent. He actually deserves the amount of stick hes getting, reversed to praise, yes based on performance. 

His Handling of low shots, even if fierce and bouncing in front of him, is awesome.

his 1 v 1s are a joy to watch, doesnt make the first move and stays up late, big. im talking exactly the save he made v brizzle from the handball chance, but there are many others. 

oh hes just copying the schmeical way....well why wunt ya? plenty of others havent and it is to their detriment,

any saves a good save they say? well even when he's flapping hes coming thru a ruck of players and getting SOMINK on it. and the somink is the all important touch. many a time at full stretch a finger tip with the slightest of deviation on the ball is enough to take it off someones head.. what im trying to say is id much rather he keeps showing the confidence to come for the ball, than be rooted to his line everytime hoping the defence win the 1st header.

Shot stopping? oh blah blah all keepers are good at shot stopping nowadays right.. maybe most are, but this young kid has been exceptional hasnt he?

commanding his area thats being talked about... jonesy87 did a good thread on ere the other week about it and he was spot on tbf, didnt hammer Dawson at all but pointed out some finer points. starting point etc.

if that is an issue its an expected one? last thing a new young keeper wants to do is come rushing out, not getting there and its a goal.

Hes hesitant at times due to his safety first attitude, but i prefer that than him be the other way. 

had westwood died slipping on a wispa wrapper in waitrose and banging his head on the floor..... or moved to watford... these issues folk are talking about wouldnt be talked about, all the over the top hysteria, is cos KW s still here.

dont know if ive ever seen such a skewed view form such a wide proportion of folk.. and i dont mean criticism of him, thats fine.

i mean how disproportionate it is to reality. 

still getting posts about goin on training ground to learn to catch ffs.... HE CAN CATCH like you wouldnt believe on the training ground. like a freak in fact, cos hes been doing it probably forever... but thru a melee at great speed with big strong guys with screaming fans in a real match... its not quite so easy for a young kid finding his way in the mens game, to get it right everytime.... but so.foukin.what! 

Dawson and Penney are the two big things to come out of this season so far.

Awesome Post !!!!

Cameron is going to get a proper test and no mistake v Boro.

Leeds pal of mine said that at Elland Rd Pulis’ tactics was to rely on long-throws and corners. Said that every throw-in within reach of their box was like a slow, deliberate military exercise, of getting their giants into their set places, then launch!!!

I think it highly likely that Jos will pick Nuhiu and Joao to start. Those two, along with Hector, Lees, Thorniley or Pudil, should give us a fair crack at keeping their set-pieces out. 

• Like 1

I’m getting completely bored of reading most stats in football these days.

Jorginho for Chelsea was getting slated by Neville and the other commentator all game vs West Ham because his passing was awful, kept giving it away when playing a forward pass and his decision making was poor. He had a bad game. Stats after the match were he competed the most passes ever in a premier league game, sky sports news were then praising his performance. Why, because he kept playing 2-5 yard balls sideways and backwards.

Keeping stats are even more skewed. Leeds keeper getting flack because of the amount of goals conceded outside the area. He did let in a soft one vs Brum, apart from that is just coincidence.

Dawson is playing reasonably well. It’s clear though he needs to improve on certain aspects of his game.

These stats about how many shots he’s saving mean little to me because I see the efforts on goal. You can only stop what’s in front of you, but I can’t really remember him making more than one or two saves that he should always be making. On the flip side I can only remember thinking he should have done better with a couple of goals, away to Wigan and second vs West Brom, so that’s good, others he’s had no real chance. 

We invite pressure and allow space, this leads to then opposion having more shots against us. Watch highlights, he makes countless saves every game where it’s a low shot bouncing in front of him. Got to praise his positioning on these and his handling as they are easy to spill, but it doesn’t make him the best keeper in the league as some are making out.

Most stats now mean f*ck all

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Cameron is going to get a proper test and no mistake v Boro.

Leeds pal of mine said that at Elland Rd Pulis’ tactics was to rely on long-throws and corners. Said that every throw-in within reach of their box was like a slow, deliberate military exercise, of getting their giants into their set places, then launch!!!

I think it highly likely that Jos will pick Nuhiu and Joao to start. Those two, along with Hector, Lees, Thorniley or Pudil, should give us a fair crack at keeping their set-pieces out. 

Then gonna be hairy as Dawsy at Bristol was first time I've seen an inverted double punch.

He used tried to clear high ball using both palms, not fists. 

Of course, went straight to City's striker but watching Westy will assist this good young  gun.

16 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Then gonna be hairy as Dawsy at Bristol was first time I've seen an inverted double punch.

He used tried to clear high ball using both palms, not fists. 

Of course, went straight to City's striker but watching Westy will assist this good young  gun.

Stop calling him Westy.

He's not a f*cking dog. 

Surely, you can go and expend your energy by making some more stuff up? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Not looking for no blooming goats , i just can’t understand why a player of such quality is practically banished from the club 

There isn’t anyone on this forum who can answer that question, however it’s not Dawson’s fault that Jos gave him the nod, the usual suspects should get off his back, they make me ashamed to be a SWFC supporter.

6 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

There isn’t anyone on this forum who can answer that question, however it’s not Dawson’s fault that Jos gave him the nod, the usual suspects should get off his back, they make me ashamed to be a SWFC supporter.

Well please do not include me in your shamed list but if fans want to form an opinion whether you think it’s right or not it’s there’s .we won’t all agree unfortunately . Don’t think we are doing too shady lately though do you .

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well please do not include me in your shamed list but if fans want to form an opinion whether you think it’s right or not it’s there’s .we won’t all agree unfortunately . Don’t think we are doing too shady lately though do you .

What list would that be?