Dawson

6 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

Yes, a 23 year old keeper in his first full season, faced with mounting fan criticism and with an ever changing back 4 / 5 in front of him, often made up of 1 / 2 youngsters also playing their first full season, should absolutely be commanding his area every game. Righty ho. 

Well I’m sorry but I think you are exaggerating to emphasise your point . Mounting fan criticism ??? . Ok you tell me when it’s ok to question his ability , when he’s 26 and had 3 full seasons and has a settled back line . Sorry mate don’t agree , if he’s not ready he shouldn’t be playing every week . I like him and think he’s doing okay by the way before you start .Just needs to be more commanding , get back to you  in 3 years then ? 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

Dawson has the ability to be the best keeper in the division which for a 23 year old in 1st full season is fantastic for swfc. Unfortunately because certain fans think K\W should still be our No.1 Dawson gets slated for minor mistakes or errors. His confidence is not as high as it should be and this is his only real issue and the sad thing about this is its the negative K\W fans who have caused it. So for the people who still think KW is our best keeper - Jos decides who is our best players. Jos plays who he thinks is match fit and show desire every day to keep the place in the team. If KW was showing Jos the commitment to be our N0.1 he would be in the 1st team. Kw can;t be doing things in training better than CD. If KW was he would be picked. Why is that so difficult to understand. I get the impression KW fans would rather see him in goal no matter if he deserves to be No.1 or not. What would that do for JL ethic of no favourites policy. ???? 

13 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

:goalie:  ahhh Lawrie old chap;  took me back to the halcyon days of my youth when you had a three month wait to find out if she was in the pudding club lol Keepingyer fingers crossed that her old man didn't turn up on the doorstep with a shotgun armed and primed. Always knew ye;d scored when you found the beautiful warm bare skin between the stocking tops and the good old knickerbockers :rolleyes:

FFS

2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dawson has the ability to be the best keeper in the division which for a 23 year old in 1st full season is fantastic for swfc. Unfortunately because certain fans think K\W should still be our No.1 Dawson gets slated for minor mistakes or errors. His confidence is not as high as it should be and this is his only real issue and the sad thing about this is its the negative K\W fans who have caused it. So for the people who still think KW is our best keeper - Jos decides who is our best players. Jos plays who he thinks is match fit and show desire every day to keep the place in the team. If KW was showing Jos the commitment to be our N0.1 he would be in the 1st team. Kw can;t be doing things in training better than CD. If KW was he would be picked. Why is that so difficult to understand. I get the impression KW fans would rather see him in goal no matter if he deserves to be No.1 or not. What would that do for JL ethic of no favourites policy. ???? 

Lots of assumptions there , I’m glad Dawson has the ability to be the best in the league that’s reassuring , I look forward to him realising his potential . I am a big fan of Westwood and I cannot for the life in me understand why he can no longer play for us . I don’t really care though just want the best players to play and give us the best chance of going up . Oh and your statement regarding Dawson’s confidence is not as high because he is getting slated  by Westwood fans I just cannot agree with at all !!.

Dawson doesn't fill me full of confidence. He does look dodgy at times, although his shot stopping is ok.

Sorry to say it. I know it upsets some.

Unless he reads this though he'll not know because im not going to tut and moan at him.

It's probably just confidence and hopefully game by game he'll find more of it.

• Like 1

Dawson    -    6    Couple of good saves, one horrible flap first half and Pudil rescued him second half when he came off his line when he shouldn't. He is a good young keeper but there would be no shame in letting Wildsmith take over for a little while  (would prefer Westwood but hey ho) He is really young to be dealing with this pressure week in , week out and it may do him more harm than good to keep picking him when he is not at his best.....will probably get negged for that but I wont be bullied into not giving my opinion.

What i posted in match ratings tread.

• Like 1

Get off his back , too many people concentrating on his errors and not enough on his positive attributes!

Westwood is being shunned by the club and his fellow players because of his  alleged philandering and won’t play for us again, 

Dawson will only improve by playing, yes he will make the odd mistake and he does need to improve his presence from crosses but we have an exceptional talent on our hands, so get behind him!!

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Lots of assumptions there , I’m glad Dawson has the ability to be the best in the league that’s reassuring , I look forward to him realising his potential . I am a big fan of Westwood and I cannot for the life in me understand why he can no longer play for us . I don’t really care though just want the best players to play and give us the best chance of going up . Oh and your statement regarding Dawson’s confidence is not as high because he is getting slated  by Westwood fans I just cannot agree with at all !!.

Why was this thread started if it wasn't designed to slate Dawson? It was started while the match was going on. 

The Westwood love in needs to stop. We are 6th in the league without him. Higher in the league than when he last played for us regular. 

To quote Alf Ramsey (i think). 

Best players don't always make the best team. 

I honestly don't get why people are lambasting Dawson .. this is the first time in his career i think where he's getting first team football week in week out ... he's bound to make mistakes. its a learning curve. he's not gonna be a world class keeper that doesn't make a mistake otherwise he wouldn't be here would here ffs

why don't people just get behind him, get past the odd mistake here and there and just back him. this season will do him the world of good and next year you will see a completely different player ... thats what happens. once you get exposure and experience you become better ...

but nah, f*ck it .. he didn't save the pen so wants bombing out for Wildsmith to kick the ball at someone for it to rebound in to the net and then most screaming for Westwood to play again!!!

Guest Kameron

It's a long time since we've had such an inexperienced keeper as our number 1, our defence would be much better with a commanding keeper behind them but they cost money so it's catch 22, stick with Dawson or bring back Westwood, I can't see the latter whilst Jos is the Boss so give Dawson a break and lets hope he improves his overall game, his shot stopping is no problem but overall he's work in progress, if money allows a keeper would be on my shopping list.

Looked suspect on crosses in the first half, but someone obviously had a word and he was much better and more commanding in the second half. 

To be fair we were also allowing far too many crosses to come in, which doesn't help.

On a separate note, two superb saves in the first half to keep us in it and overall his handling from shots was good.

5 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Dawson    -    6    Couple of good saves, one horrible flap first half and Pudil rescued him second half when he came off his line when he shouldn't. He is a good young keeper but there would be no shame in letting Wildsmith take over for a little while  (would prefer Westwood but hey ho) He is really young to be dealing with this pressure week in , week out and it may do him more harm than good to keep picking him when he is not at his best.....will probably get negged for that but I wont be bullied into not giving my opinion.

What i posted in match ratings tread.

Cool 

This is not criticism of Dawson, but I think we're squandering Wildsmith by not giving him some chances too, while we also run the risk of Dawson becoming a bit complacent in his role as no. 1.

Yes, he has had his good moments and fine saves 1v1 and generally a decent command of the area, but he also makes certain rash decisions... why the weak boxing of the ball yesterday, you even see Hector (was it?) telling him to just grab the ball... that boxing of the ball nearly cost us a goal, he didn't make a good job of the box even and the shot that came back was not saved... Luckily it was off target. And there are other situations in previous matches. Of course, difficult to blame him really with how shaky our defending has been in those times we concede too.

I rate both keepers (and Westwood) for that matter. But I'd like to see Wildsmith given the chance again too, and not have to wait until we enter the FA cup rounds... he'll be out of match form then and likely just as much a liability. We have a long break now, then we have a string of games, I'd give Wildsmith the chance away to QPR on the weekday.

Edited by N0rtherner

7 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Why was this thread started if it wasn't designed to slate Dawson? It was started while the match was going on. 

The Westwood love in needs to stop. We are 6th in the league without him. Higher in the league than when he last played for us regular. 

To quote Alf Ramsey (i think). 

Best players don't always make the best team. 

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion , quite frankly Cameron Dawson is no different to any  other player we have in that people will form opinions and post these if they feel the need . Perhaps we should ignore a players weaknesses and just post on positives , it doesn’t happen like that , regardless of whether you agree or not it happens right or wrong . If Dawson continues to punch out at high balls it will be mentioned , along with his  attributes, 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

On 07/10/2018 at 13:52, pressy said:

He is starting to worry me now  hes not commanding his area  and looks very suspect on crosses 

We have lost only 3 of the 15 league games he has played in. I rest my case . 

Edited by S36 OWL