Fridays atmosphere

It's very obvious it's different to what's become normal these days and especially the influence of alcohol etc on the crowd.

It's so much louder and better in the build up and start and electric when the majority supported team is in front.  Any setbacks or long periods of pressure become very sobering though very quickly and the contrast with what went before added to this really amplify the nervousness.  

The collective "Fuckme what's he doing, it's going in, it's in - yesssssssss!!!!!" noise last night for Reach's goal was very rare and came across very clearly - almost a slow motion goal celebration.

The roar for Leeds' goal was also a good one as they started to make the noise as it left his foot.

Much better all round when games are like this and because of the rarity these days are probably worth the bit of bother/hassle that goes with them in a way.

• Like 2

I dread Friday night games. I like to finish work and chill before going to or watching the game online on a Saturday. I hate that feeling of maybe a loss on a Friday night and then having a crap weekend. So although I have a season ticket I thought about giving it a miss. But I got to thinking, it's Leeds what are you even on about! So I went. Got to say the atmosphere was great. Enjoyed the first half but not so much the second. But satisfied with a point even though I admit we were fortunate. Lesson learnt, support your team whatever!!

Edited by danx38

People say United are our only rivals, I disagree they definetly are our biggest rivals but the atmosphere at the Leeds game is different to any other match than the Derby.

Definetly our 2nd biggest rivals.

Contrary to the myth some (mainly Leeds fans) like to portray Leeds don't like us either, I worked on the away turnstiles, 4 or 5 different songs about their hatred towards to us, just we/I hate them more 

Guest The Claw
7 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

People say United are our only rivals, I disagree they definetly are our biggest rivals but the atmosphere at the Leeds game is different to any other match than the Derby.

Definetly our 2nd biggest rivals.

Contrary to the myth some (mainly Leeds fans) like to portray Leeds don't like us either, I worked on the away turnstiles, 4 or 5 different songs about their hatred towards to us, just we/I hate them more 

met some weeds for a pint their obsession with mufc has been replaced by us for the moment

Let's not kid ourselves,  Leeds don't care about us much at all. Atmosphere on Friday was much better than usual but nothing special.

Finally I have to say it is embarrassing when our only response to any opposition singing their anthem is to boo. What we need is our own unique anthem that we can respond with and no, not Hi Ho - even the Leeds fans joined in with that!

7 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Let's not kid ourselves,  Leeds don't care about us much at all. Atmosphere on Friday was much better than usual but nothing special.

Finally I have to say it is embarrassing when our only response to any opposition singing their anthem is to boo. What we need is our own unique anthem that we can respond with and no, not Hi Ho - even the Leeds fans joined in with that!

Olay olay

Olay olay

WAWAW

WAWAW

Olay olay

11 hours ago, fatbloke no1 said:

Love nights like this with bit of an edge to it,what football all about,Leeds ,pigs,etc beat normal morgue like atmosphere,got tin hat on

I’d always let away teams have the full allocation-if they can sell it. 

How much better would it be if we were getting nearer 30k through the door every week 

A Newcastle season ticket holder I know was at the game and they said the atmosphere was fantastic 

They were sat in the south stand too!!

They commented it was a shame the Kop end wasn’t full - I told them the prices and they were amazed anyone went at all!!

He said “I thought Ashley was a clown...”

• Like 1

As a Leeds fan who is not particularly fond of the Owls, I always think that this is the sort of fixture that defines “Old Skool”, the sort of game that got me hooked many years ago.  Hillsborough, like Elland Road, may need modernisation but would you swap it for a modern Walt Disney-style identikit bowl?

And it pains me to say it but should LUFC ever return to the “Promised Land” of the Premier League, yes, the atmospheres that we could expect away from home would be very much of the Sky manufactured, happy clapper day-tripper variety, not the edgy type experienced on Friday night.

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Didn't think Leeds were that loud.

Stoke bought half as many and made twice the noise.

From where I was sat in the North the Leeds fans were very noisy

22 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

The collective "Fuckme what's he doing, it's going in, it's in - yesssssssss!!!!!" noise last night for Reach's goal was very rare and came across very clearly - almost a slow motion goal celebration.

Summed up beautifully!

• Haha 1

Guest The Claw
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:17, Rusholme Ruffian said:

As a Leeds fan who is not particularly fond of the Owls, I always think that this is the sort of fixture that defines “Old Skool”, the sort of game that got me hooked many years ago.  Hillsborough, like Elland Road, may need modernisation but would you swap it for a modern Walt Disney-style identikit bowl?

And it pains me to say it but should LUFC ever return to the “Promised Land” of the Premier League, yes, the atmospheres that we could expect away from home would be very much of the Sky manufactured, happy clapper day-tripper variety, not the edgy type experienced on Friday night.

Leicester great example