Be Warned No Bottle Tops Allowed Tonight

1 hour ago, poite said:

As if throwing a bottle top at some one could cause damage...

Well of course not, but filling a bottle with concrete that you’ve smuggled in, letting it set and then putting the top on and launching it at the West Stand could potentially wipe out tens of Leeds fans 

Owlstalk Shop

Think it's to stop the bottles themselves been thrown. If a bottle with no top is thrown, all the liquid falls out, a bottle with the top on and full thrown would probably hurt. Also an empty bottle with a top on is a slipping hazard if thrown on the floor, a bottle with no top on would simply crumble if you step on it. That said, if they sell bottles with tops on in the ground, then what's the point. 

They took the lids off the bottles they were selling at the ground. At least they did at the counter I was at. My dad bought a bottle of water and they took the whole top section off it so there was nothing to suck the water through. The girl said it was Sheffield council's decision. So we are allowed coins but not plastic bottle tops. The world's gone mad.

We had to remove ours as we entered the ground. As we got onto the concourse people had bottles that had been purchased inside the ground with bottle tops left on. Asking stewards they were saying it was a new rule brought in but questions have to be asked as to why the rule wasn't being enforced throughout the ground? It seems our Safety Officer has failed on this one as not all staff were aware and while some were enforcing the bottle top rule they were quite happy to allow flares into the ground.

There was a huge amount of bottle top related thuggery outside the ground last night.

Thankfully the club saved us from similar scenes occurring during the game. Can't praise them enough for their thoughtful actions.

END THE BOTTLE TOP VIOLENCE!

Edited by Owl At Risk

3 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

There was a huge amount of bottle top related thuggery outside the ground last night.

Thankfully the club saved us from similar scenes occurring during the game. Can't praise them enough for their thoughtful actions.

END THE BOTTLE TOP VIOLENCE!

Person took my top off me,    person who sits in front of me her top was taken off her,   she hid her bottle better.