Wednesday - V - L**ds United (OMDT thingy)

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I screamed like a little girl when that went in

I did but it was after about a 15 second delay as I was totally speechless!!

Just seem so slow and lethargic, we'll win the ball then give it away seconds later almost like the players feel winning it back initially was good enough.

The players still look like they know they don't deserve to be challenging at the top. A mentality issue that haunts us still.

When we say “battered” they dominated the ball but they looked toothless without Roofe. Reminded me of Huddersfield who were similar but lacked a centre forward or focal point.

We frustrated them a fair bit and a lot of the problems were from our own sloppy clearances or lack of communication.

Bielsa has certainly nailed their tempo and possession game though and we struggled to cope or launch effective counter attacks as a result.

3 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

I defo think they were better. They are very huff and puff tho, they rarely looked dangerous in the final third. Play very intensive football tho, and are the best Leeds side in years. They break brilliantly, we were ok, feel we cannot play the ball well enough at times. But could also have easily won that, we are much more ruthless when we get in the final third, unfortunately, that was few and far between today. Decent game. 

Blimey !! They totally dominated us we were very very lucky to get a point at home !! 

Just now, sMacLean said:

Just seem so slow and lethargic, we'll win the ball then give it away seconds later almost like the players feel winning it back initially was good enough.

The players still look like they know they don't deserve to be challenging at the top. A mentality issue that haunts us still.

Reach even said we’d have taken a point at Home against them.

Just now, East Yorks Owl said:

I’ve no problem with Jos, but personally I thought we were crying out for five in midfield and one target man up front. They completely won the right to play in midfield.

I think Jos went for the, they won't carve us up in the final third approach. They come across as a hard working team, but alot of that hard work is around midfield, their build up play is fantastic. But they don't have a Bannan or FF type of player you really fear in the final third. We could do with a bit more build up from the back, but we don't have the players to do it atm. 

5 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Very lucky to get a point. Can’t pick on any individuals, most were poor. Felt like we were chasing shadows when they had the ball, and panicking when we had it. Referee gave them a free kick anytime one of our players so much as farted.

Special mention for Penney though. What a player he is already 

little tweak

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be shocked if they aren’t a Premiership next season. Hate admitting that. 

They look very accomplished. Didn’t think they’d keep that up for ninety minutes.

Cant imagine that they can keep that up, week in week out either, but who knows?

Its a long season - also, lets not forget our superb performance against Villa.

3 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Very lucky to get a point. Can’t pick on any individuals, most were poor. Felt like we were chasing shadows when they had the ball, and panicking when we had it. Referee gave them a free kick anytime one of our players so much as farted.

Special mention for Penney though. What a player he’s going to be!

Thought Penney had a off night - let Ayling run off him every time in second half.

Thought we missed Matias energy and ball carrying on the break tonight.  Also zero wide options on left when Bannan or one of our players picked it up with Thornily at LB.  We have to go again vs West Brom with no Bannan - need Onomah to step up!

For me, Leeds looked a very sluggish and indecisive team. They created very little all game and their goal was offside. 

Great second half by us. They couldn’t contain us and we really should have found a second. Plenty of opportunities to do so.

• Haha 3

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

We’ve just been totally outplayed by a team in the same division and were very fortunate not to get a hiding 

Yes, but we didn't. 

Bit of a reality check tonight, but it was a point gained. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 minute ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Thought Penney had a off night - let Ayling run off him every time in second half.

Thought we missed Matias energy and ball carrying on the break tonight.  Also zero wide options on left when Bannan or one of our players picked it up with Thornily at LB.  We have to go again vs West Brom with no Bannan - need Onomah to step up!

I half agree. Going forward he was excellent. Defensively out of position at times. Reminds me of a young Gareth Bale- I genuinely think he could be that good.

4 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Whilst quite correct,.....Do you ever look at the performance? I’m an optimistic chap but really......feel beaten up personally!

I always look at the performance. 

L**ds almost guaranteed they'd be one of the best teams in the division when they appointed one of the best coaches in world football. 

They've shown tonight what you get. 

We're in the middle of a rebuild.

We might not have been brilliant. 

But weve done enough to get a point which a month ago no one would have given us a hope of getting.