This alone discredits all critics

12 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Don't know how decisive a Form Table can be at predicting upcoming performances....but I'd rather see more green than gray & red.  The whole League is open, nobody has overwhelming superiority, good God, mighty Leeds got beat by Birmingham City, 2-1, and Aston Villa just got run ragged against SWFC.  

The League Table is the only one that really matters, but, in the end, the Clubs with better form, across 46 matches, are the ones to get promoted.  Taking 6 match slices of form, will definitely show trends as they develop, as more slices are added.  We're 9 matches in, so we have only one 6 match slice, and 3 from the next slice. 

So far, form looks good, still, SWFC has knocked down only 14 points out of a possible 27, we're batting 51.85%.  Leeds is batting 66.67%, with 18 points, out of 27 possible.  So, according to the League Table, Leeds has done 15% better than SWFC.  Let's cross-check that.  9 x .15 = 1.35.  Leeds is better than us, by 1.35 matches, and it checks, a win will put us 1 point under Leeds.  Point?

The League is up for grabs this season, and so far, our form, and position in the League Table, isn't all that bad, and monitoring form trends, is useful because all manner of trends will appear.  I hope @owlstalk continues with the 6 match form slices...be interesting to overlay that with the Graph Thread data.

Well technically we already have 4 x 6 match slices.

6 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Did not know, that's why a I'm here, learn a lot.

Welcome aboard the good ship Owlstalk dude. That there was your first lesson and was free. Any more from now on will incur a small fee charged direct to your debit card. Just p m me your bank details and we can get started fleeci…… erm…. teaching you immediately. lol  And good luck in this asylum buddy.

FFS

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Welcome aboard the good ship Owlstalk dude. That there was your first lesson and was free. Any more from now on will incur a small fee charged direct to your debit card. Just p m me your bank details and we can get started fleeci…… erm…. teaching you immediately. lol  And good luck in this asylum buddy.

FFS

Oh it's a trip, but there's nothing that cannot be answered here.  Long time follower, this is the first time I've ever researched the Club.  So if I make misinformed comments, by all means inform me.  I'll raise a glass to you, during the Leeds match...

On 23/09/2018 at 02:02, @owlstalk said:

Unless of course you're one of those that thinks Westwood should be back in goal, Forestieri should be in the side regardless of effort and commitment he puts in, and that Jos doesn't wave his arms around enough and scream from the touchlines

lol

7 points from next 3 games and I'm a believer....

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Its not really.

Whats weird is someone posting our ‘form’ going back 15 and 20 odd games

Hows our form over the last 8 league games? That’s all I’m really bothered about (unless I’m gambling)

Form tables, used sensibly, can tell us lots. 

Last 18 games

W10. D3. L5. GF34.  GA23. Pts33

Why 18 games? Because it dates back to Leeds Away, when Bannan came back. Prior to that we only had Reach fit among our top players. Lees had just come back and was now joined by Bannan. Soon after we got Forestieri and more recently Fletcher. It’s over these 18 games it makes sense to look at our results under Jos....and they are excellent.

33 points from 18 is ~ auto-spot form. 86 points.

34 goals in those 18 is prolific. Would be an amazing 88 goal season. Our best recent season was 66 in Carlos V1.

Last 6 games

W4. D1. L1. GF11. GA5. Pts13

Why 6 games? Because it marked our turning point. It’s our form since the Jos Brentford Riot Act. Anyway, all the major form tables seem to think six games is the period to consider.

13 points from 6 wins you the Championship by a distance. 100 points.

Again, 11 goals in 6 is prolific. An exhillerating 84 goal season if maintained.

Last 9 games

Of course this is the only one that really matters. The season is 9 games old, and nothing else gets you promoted than your form between August and May. 

But, our 18 game form shows us that when Jos has several of our better players available he can mould them into a successful side. The last six games shows that we are most definitely on track. We are on the upslope.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

Another spot from the OP’s table.

We are the league’s joint top scorers over the last 6 games, with 11.

We want wins, points and promotion, but a bit of pleasure in the shape of lots of goals would be a very nice cherry on top.

Boro and Swansea are flying high, but have scored 6 and 5 respectively. Yawn. 

Nothing yawn-inducing about our games:-

2-1

2-1

2-1

2-2

1-2

2-1

It might have escaped notice, but under Jos we don’t half score goals.

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Score a lot and concede a fair few.

And yet... 

People keep telling me  "Jos is too negative!":wacko:

We get the ball forward these days. Less recycling, less finding 57 different routes to feed the ball back to our keeper. We are playing so much more positive football under Jos.

Its possible this is as good as it gets, but I’m optimistic that as player confidence grows (Jos’s mantra at present) we will turn some of the 2-1s into 3-0s and 4-1s. But with this squad let’s not pretend that there won’t be some pretty rocky games too. Our midfield and especially our defenceare wafer thin on quality. Jos is doing a super job.

Edited by Holmowl

I feel quite cheered that there is so much room for improvement and we are already where we are.

The defence is likely to improve. We have some good players in there now but lacking experience and time playing together.

Although we are scoring goals, I feel we could be more clinical. I think confidence can grow and the likes of FF and Hooper to come back or increase the competition for places.

Consistency is the key and is often elusive.

UTO

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We want wins, points and promotion, but a bit of pleasure in the shape of lots of goals would be a very nice cherry on top.

2-1

2-1

2-1

2-2

1-2

2-1

Goals against is the problem , but HECTOR may be a big help here.

If so, top 6 minimum. Fridays the big un.

Friday's the 

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

2-1

2-1

2-1

2-2

1-2

2-1

Been saying it for a while; our new fave score, 2-1.

Vindaloo will do. We're gonna score one more than you.

11 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Another key stat is goals against because if we can reduce this, top 6 at worst for us.

Hector will help big time.

Leeds lot are tired already and Boro's route 1 has been found out.

And Rov can do Derby so Championship's wide open for us to progress.

The irony being, all the pundits were saying Leeds are fielding the same team, week in, week out, like it was a great tactic. Only one outcome in this league.