This alone discredits all critics

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The amazing thing is, beat Leeds and we are 1 point behind them!

We've probably played well in about 3 out of 9 games this season, Millwall, Reading away and today!

Picking up results when you are not playing well is what gets you promotion as we will have 5 or 6 games in row this season where we play absolutely brilliant.

• Thanks 1

It's perhaps a little optimistic that six positive  results at a particular point in time will discredit all critics. However, it's very promising and I'll be even more impressed if the six fixtures from Forest onwards produce a similar points tally! That form might really discredit all critics.

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Picking up results when you are not playing well is what gets you promotion as we will have 5 or 6 games in row this season where we play absolutely brilliant.

100% this

We have an average squad with loads of young new blood, it is not and never will be HMS P155 THE LEAGUE

Teams that grind it out will prosper

Yes, but that table fails to take into consideration the standard of the opposition.

I mean, we played some poor sides in the last six games prior to Stoke.

I think under Jostle we'll finish where we deserve to be.

The snag is that United will probably finish a quarter of a league higher than expected.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

It's perhaps a little optimistic that six positive  results at a particular point in time will discredit all critics. However, it's very promising and I'll be even more impressed if the six fixtures from Forest onwards produce a similar points tally! That form might really discredit all critics.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but that table fails to take into consideration the standard of the opposition.

I mean, we played some poor sides in the last six games prior to Stoke.

WOW

just WOW

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

2nd in the form table over the last 6 games

4th in the form table over the last 12 games

6th in the form table over the last 20 games

Hard to complain at that. 

Improving all the time.  Surely nobody can whinge at that.

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

2nd in the form table over the last 6 games

4th in the form table over the last 12 games

6th in the form table over the last 20 games

Hard to complain at that. 

Unless of course you're one of those that thinks Westwood should be back in goal, Forestieri should be in the side regardless of effort and commitment he puts in, and that Jos doesn't wave his arms around enough and scream from the touchlines

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Unless of course you're one of those that thinks Westwood should be back in goal, Forestieri should be in the side regardless of effort and commitment he puts in, and that Jos doesn't wave his arms around enough and scream from the touchlines

lol

Just enjoy the win! Your anger that surfaces when we win; must spoilt it for you.

Relax. We get it; you think done fans are over critical.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WOW

just WOW

What I mean is that comparing one club to another's form over six games is difficult, because it doesn't take into consideration how good is the opposition.

Hence, we won three out of three against poor sides, yet in the last three games against better teams we've taken 4 points from 9.

Just now, Athelwulf said:

What I mean is that comparing one club to another's form over six games is difficult, because it doesn't take into consideration how good is the opposition.

Hence, we won three out of three against poor sides, yet in the last three games against better teams we've taken 4 points from 9.

Mate we've just beaten Aston Villa after the best start we've had in years, with a side of kids coming through and players that haven't been playing for us previously etc 

Owlstalk Shop

It's a very strange and wonderful League this season season isn't it. We're one point behind Brentford who absolutely tonked us and put us on a certain path towards relegation just a few short weeks ago. Gonna be an exciting season. I think if we can shore up our defense and start keeping clean sheets, we have a genuine chance for promotion. 

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I bet you also complain when you're on the vinegar stroke. Lighten up man and enjoy the win. There will be plenty more opportunities to criticise. 

5 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

It's a very strange and wonderful League this season season isn't it. We're one point behind Brentford who absolutely tonked us and put us on a certain path towards relegation just a few short weeks ago. Gonna be an exciting season. I think if we can shore up our defense and start keeping clean sheets, we have a genuine chance for promotion. 

You're right

It's becoming absolutely blatant that this division is right there for the taking

We should just go for it and Keegan our way to promotion

Owlstalk Shop