Matt Penney

Ronio

Just how good could this lad be. His defensive game is 95% there. His ability in attack is there. 

He just needs to be more confident is going forward. The last 10 mins on Sat showed us what he is about...  some careful management by Jos and encouragement and we’ve a future star on our hands.

Well done Jos and Penney

On 15/09/2018 at 22:09, Ian said:

Wing back...full back.....it's the same bloody position......PlayStation generation argue about semantics but since when have "full backs been stopped from going forward".....wing backs didn't exist when Sterland and King / Worthington were bombing down the wings

Alonso at Chelsea great example as the best LWB or LB in league, most can play both positions and if not they’re limitations prevent them from doing so.

I’ve seen no such limitations in Penney, in fact I’m shocked how good at defending/ cutting out crosses he’s been.

I agree with @vulvahis ability to go past players and shoot/get crosses in makes for him being a huge threat to our opposition! But think he’s solid enough to defend when needed. 

Plenty of encouragement and plenty of positivity. That is what these young lads need. 

We do our bit and they will do theirs, no danger. 

Chansiri might not be perfect but tell you what, where would we be without these young lads and Jos, kudos to him.

Even if we lose the next 3/4 i still think we have the right manager and right idea with the young lads. I hope all our fans can get onboard with this even when we go through a tough patch. 

6 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Plenty of encouragement and plenty of positivity. That is what these young lads need. 

We do our bit and they will do theirs, no danger. 

Chansiri might not be perfect but tell you what, where would we be without these young lads and Jos, kudos to him.

Even if we lose the next 3/4 i still think we have the right manager and right idea with the young lads. I hope all our fans can get onboard with this even when we go through a tough patch. 

CHANSIRI?!?!?!?

WTF????

Owlstalk Shop

On 16/09/2018 at 16:06, vulva said:

I thought he was at fault for the first goal. That doesn’t mean he didn’t have a good game, looks a good prospect etc. 

How many games does a player have to have played, before mistakes are highlighted? Is it like Fight Club where no one can say anything until he gets to 100 games?

Disagree. There was plenty of time to stop the goal. Palmer was equally at fault as he kept the goal scorer on side and should have stepped out in line with the rest of his team 

2 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

I can see this lad being sold for big bucks in the near future, bearing in mind he extends his current deal :ph34r:

He's young, English, naturally left footed, is a defender who seems equally happy to get up and down to attack, can take a set piece..

Expecting him to be flawless at this stage is missing the point. He's 6-12 months of first team Championship football away from being worth serious coin, even if he's not played perfect every week.

If he was at United I think there would already be rumours about Prem interest. They have a pedigree of bringing players through that we don't (yet), only takes a couple of high profile sales and players kicking on to change that perception.

I think he’s a good prospect that we need to tie down and give him the chance to nail the spot down. However, from what I’ve seen he will get given a lot more slack than Morgan Fox who is lacking a bit of confidence but is more than capable of sharing the role with Penney in the short term.

5 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

I can see this lad being sold for big bucks in the near future, bearing in mind he extends his current deal :ph34r:

To say it’s early days is an under-statement. But I know where you are coming from.

The lad looks stuffed with promise. Still learning in defence, but looking decent already. Coming forward with the ball he looks just terrific.

So good to see Matt and Thorniley coming through.