Matt Penney

Ronio

He was poor today to start with - but came Into it. I’d like to encourage those runs - more of them would make a difference. Baker can do the same on the other side. 

I like Penny - good player. Need to keep his confidence. 

• Like 1

He'll have got a fair amount of confidence from those two runs he made taking players on. More of that please.

Defensively this was a stern test for him today against Ince. One-on-one, I thought he did well against him, but he did struggle with his movement at times. Thought Ince was quieter in the 2nd half though.

• Thanks 1

The only thing what he could have improved on was making more runs off the ball, particularly second half he seemed to stand still a lot when we were on the attack, there was one incident in the second half when Reach has the ball, and Penny if he had made a run could have got into a great position to whip the ball in, instead he stood there looking like a lost boy. 

However he's a young lad and I certainly wouldn't hesitate keeping him as our first choice left back.

Struggled at first, but they all did, It was good to see he still had the confidence to go forward second half though, the new lad made more forward movent for him than Joey had done first half, it gave him an option he didn't always take, but it was good to see.

Happy overall, I thoght we were gonna get stuffed first 20 

It was a big test for him today. He didn't have an easy time against Ince, but everything considered I thought that he did quite well. He reacted well to everything going on at the pitch and showed great mental strength which is always nice to see from young player with little experience.

Just hope that he will get bit more creative freedom in future games...

all in all we have SOME player on our hands.

Edited by malek
  • Like 2

Guest addedtime
5 minutes ago, Busyowl said:

Not often. Ince was very quiet 2nd half plus this was only Penneys 4th ever start

Doesn't matter how many games he's played!

I do think he's the number one left back we have. 

Wish he had the confidence to swing in more crosses. We know he's got a wand of a left foot. I'm pleased with his progress but think we haven't seen him make enough use of his best asset. Maybe he's instructed not to get too far forward.

Thought he had a quiet game until the last 15 mins when he moved to wing-back/left midfield and started making those runs. 

The rest of the team seemed reluctant to pass to him. 

He got hardly any cover from Joao.