Bannan lauds Joey

Guest Willow Owl

On 06/09/2018 at 20:38, Willow Owl said:

Bazza has praised Joeys influence in midfield (star). Says he allows him to get forward more so he can have more influence in games. Does all the hard graft. 

Ive said it before, Pessy does the dirty work which allows Bannan to dictate the play. Perfect partnership . 

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Thats all ifs and buts though Torryowl. It wasn't just a comment by Bazza it was a full conversation on his relationship with Joey. If he wasn't happy I'm pretty sure he would have deflected the questions. The stats posted earlier prove also that they work well together. I will stick my opinion thanks. 

so  anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion on bannan & joey  knows nowt about football ……..you don't lack confidence i'll give you that .

11 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Can't agree Hutchinson is one of our best and key players. Should be captain IMO

I can only think you were incredibly intoxicated ... have you wat him in the last year ? He has no baring on the game what so ever . No coinsidence our results have picked up without him , as they did last year. Nowt against him personally , but he’s squad clutter that’s no longer needed. It’s also refreshing not to have to watch him make rubbish tackles then hobble around. 

A key player  is somebody you can rely on and who is vital to the team , he is neither . 

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, torryowl said:

so  anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion on bannan & joey  knows nowt about football ……..you don't lack confidence i'll give you that .

Like i said before. Everbody is entitled to their opinion on Joey. However, some of the slagging off he has received has been way over the top and totally unjust. 

Maybe i should have said, On this particular matter i believe certain people no nowt about football. 

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Like i said before. Everbody is entitled to their opinion on Joey. However, some of the slagging off he has received has been way over the top and totally unjust. 

Maybe i should have said, On this particular matter i believe certain people no nowt about football. 

I have criticised him at times but would not slag him off, he certainly blows hot and cold, some games he's Gary Shelton/Gary Megson other games he's me.  Needs to be more consistent at his best he's one of the first on the team sheet at his worse you could strangle the bugger.  

16 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Can't agree Hutchinson is one of our best and key players. Should be captain IMO

He is unreliable though. That's the problem with Hutch. As good as he is ,you never know from one game to the next if he will be injured or suspended.What Pessy gives you is that reliability week in ,week out. 

41 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He is unreliable though. That's the problem with Hutch. As good as he is ,you never know from one game to the next if he will be injured or suspended.What Pessy gives you is that reliability week in ,week out. 

That's exactly what Pessy doesn't give in my opinion needs to be more consistent. 

Joey has played better recently but I do think he’s a limited and basic footballer. 

Hutch is a far better player but you just can’t rely on him. He’s either a red card waiting to happen or he’s likely to get injured for lunging in like a crazed wildman.

I remember the Charlton at home game in March 2006 when I was sat on the first row of the south stand. He lunged in after 20 seconds and he should’ve been sent off. He then lunged in after 20 mins and injured himself and he was crying on the touchline when getting treatment. He managed to get through to half time before being subbed for Alex Lopez. I remember thinking to myself he looks a highly volatile and emotional character.

Maybe that’s what Jos wants? Someone who he can rely on, won’t get injured and a player who sacrifices himself for the team.

43 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Dont rate Joey but hope he can improve, suppose the big question is how we squeeze Onomah into the side ?..he wont be coming here to sit on the bench.

Yep it will be very interesting to see where Jos plays him.  A big player must make way for him unless he's going to use him to cover for injuries etc but as you say he's not come to sit on the bench. 

36 minutes ago, Watson said:

Yep it will be very interesting to see where Jos plays him.  A big player must make way for him unless he's going to use him to cover for injuries etc but as you say he's not come to sit on the bench. 

Cant imagine for one second that Jos will split up Joey-Bannan-Reach until Onomah forces his way into the side. I think he will start as a sub, and replace Matias or Joao late on. Then it’s upto him to impress.

Hutchinson is hugely overrated. When he plays in midfield he drops back into the defensive line far too much. This puts massive pressure on the rest of the central midfield players, often just one of them, and makes them look worse than they are. No surprise that Bannan has sung Joey's praises. Because he holds his midfield position better than Hutchinson it's allowed Bannan to push further forward and better performances overall.

57 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Cant imagine for one second that Jos will split up Joey-Bannan-Reach until Onomah forces his way into the side. I think he will start as a sub, and replace Matias or Joao late on. Then it’s upto him to impress.

Yep that's the route I would take should Jos ever ask for my armchair management skills.  Could be exciting times if he can live up to his reputation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

It's worth noting that a player is hardly going to say his teammate is pants in the local media. For me the jury is still out on Joey, he is yet to play to the standards we need consistently. 

Then I’m sure Bazza would say nothing at all if that’s what he thought 

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I agree with this. But Hutch is a class above Pessy. So surely you have hutch and Pessy as backup ?